Another Signee for Camp ... This time A Big

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Another Signee for Camp ... This time A Big

More likely a body that will end up in a Me Redclaws uniform .... or the next Big Baby (???) at PF/C. The C's convinced this kids agent to pull him out of Germany just as he was about to start his balling career there.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/01/boston-celtics-lure-rookie-big-back-from-germany-for-training-camp/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Bell-Holter isn’t a household name considering he spent his college career playing at low-major Oral Roberts, but he earned an invite to the Portsmouth Invitational — a springboard for seniors looking to impress NBA scouts — after averaging 15.5 points, 9.4 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game en route to First Team All-Southland honors.

http://www.alaskasportshall.org/blog/?p=8915

The 6-foot-10, 250-pound forward grew up rooting for the Celtics because Kevin Garnett is one of his favorite players.

Bell-Holter averaged a career-best 15.5 points and 9.4 rebounds last season at Oral Roberts. Other highlights included him scoring career-high 35 points and becoming the NCAA’s first 20-20 man, with 20 points and 20 rebounds in the same game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Another Signee for Camp ... This time A Big

In response to Mployee8's comment:

More likely a body that will end up in a Me Redclaws uniform .... or the next Big Baby (???) at PF/C. The C's convinced this kids agent to pull him out of Germany just as he was about to start his balling career there.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/01/boston-celtics-lure-rookie-big-back-from-germany-for-training-camp/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Bell-Holter isn’t a household name considering he spent his college career playing at low-major Oral Roberts, but he earned an invite to the Portsmouth Invitational — a springboard for seniors looking to impress NBA scouts — after averaging 15.5 points, 9.4 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game en route to First Team All-Southland honors.

The 6-foot-10, 250-pound forward grew up rooting for the Celtics because Kevin Garnett is one of his favorite players.

Bell-Holter averaged a career-best 15.5 points and 9.4 rebounds last season at Oral Roberts. Other highlights included him scoring career-high 35 points and becoming the NCAA’s first 20-20 man, with 20 points and 20 rebounds in the same game.

Very interesting, unless he was going to play for pittance.  I wonder what role is being envisioned for the D-league.  NBA is a super star league.  MLB type farm system may not be very effective here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

Very interesting, unless he was going to play for pittance.  I wonder what role is being envisioned for the D-league.  NBA is a super star league.  MLB type farm system may not be very effective here.

[/QUOTE]

Bell-Holter, 22, was going to play in Italy before the team pulled its offer and he landed with a different team in Germany (he didn’t show up on a Summer League roster and signed in Germany’s top league with Telekom Baskets Bonn last month). Then the Celtics called and made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.

“My agent said I was on their list of guys they wanted to bring in,” Bell-Holter told me. “It’s really exciting. It’s a huge opportunity that doesn’t come around very often. Just that they knew my name is pretty cool.”

Sounds like another PF but do we really have room for another pure PF (Sully, Hump, Bass & Olly) unless they envision him playing at center along with Fav and some minutes there from Olly as well.  Maybe Danny is about to make a deal and sees a another roster spot opening up but ideally he's just another 4/5 somewhat undersized but an athletic guy that can be affective around the rim on defense and offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

At this point, most all camp "invitees" are just bodies to practice against.  If any make it to D League, virtually none will make it to the NBA.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I like this guys offensive game. Not a bad rebounder. Would like to know more about his defense. 1.3 blocks... not exactly tenacious d. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Apparently Bell-Holter wasn't Danny's idea for camp but new head coach Steven's idea .... Nice to see the new coach's player insights are already respected and being utilized by the C's.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/bell-holter-coming-alaskan-home-cs-camp

When it came time for newly hired Boston Celtics head coach Brad Stevens to put together his training camp roster, he looked back at his years on the sidelines at Butler University. A big man from Oral Roberts University had made an impression, and this month he received an invitation to participate in Celtics training camp for the upcoming 2013-14 season.  

"My agent said Brad Stevens, he was a college coach, had an idea and knew who I was," Bell-Holter told CSNNE.com in a telephone interview. "That went a long way, I guess, having a coach knowing who I was. My agent said Brad said he wanted me there and they worked everything else out."

"I'm a good back-to-the-basket player," he said. "When I was in college I had to guard a lot of bigger guys, so I'm a physical player and I can shoot the basketball a lot. … The biggest thing (to succeeding in the NBA) is using my body, using my strength and guarding guys and making them doing things they're not accustomed to doing. I know who I am as a player and I can just go in and use my physicality as an advantage because I feel like I'm strong enough right now and I have a good (basketball) body. I don't really have expectations of my role, just whatever coach asks me to do is whatever I'm going to be doing."

Interestingly Bell-Holter compares himself to Glen Davis ... Ugh!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Another signee for camp?

This time a big?

What are the chances this signee makes the 15-man roster on opening night?

Answer: NOT A CHANCE!

Three (ish) words.

ALL. PF. ROSTER

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

The only comparison I see is that they're both cross-eyed. This kid can actually get off of his feet and is longer, but Baby played against much better comp at LSU and obviously in the NBA.  Bell-Holter is also a lot leaner allowing for a little more quickness. If they were at the same college at the same time, who knows which one would have impressed scouts? He'll be playing for a D League contract, no doubt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to painter's comment:

[QUOTE] 

The only comparison I see is that they're both cross-eyed. This kid can actually get off of his feet and is longer, but Baby played against much better comp at LSU and obviously in the NBA.  Bell-Holter is also a lot leaner allowing for a little more quickness. If they were at the same college at the same time, who knows which one would have impressed scouts? He'll be playing for a D League contract, no doubt.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed .... If they keep anyone on the roster I'm in favor of Sims @ SF assuming Wallace won't be here to the end of his contract and the potential for a wing in the 2014 draft. If we lighten the SG load and Babb lights it up thats good too but I'm not holding out much hope for that to happen. He too may be Redclaw bound if he impresses.