Another Star Last Nite!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Another Star Last Nite!!

Lost in the game in which KG played probably his best game of the year and the most important time, Rajon played a tough game and came back from what would have took out 95% of the players in the league was yet another outstanding performace by Paul Pierce.
     Let look into it.  Paul got us started right off the bat with points, taking it right at the "King"   He hounded James all game long,  took a charge,  stole the ball from him at half court,  double teamed him and stole the ball by knocking it off James leg.  Switched numerous times to keep Bosh under control.  Best defensive game in a while, which considering it was against James, rates right there with what KG did to Bosh. 

To top it all off he had 5 very good assists, 5 rebounds,  ONE turnover, and 27 pts.

Now KG and Rondo seem to be getting all the headlines which is fine because I am a Celtic fan and I want to win.  Don't care who gets the stats,  fine with Ray, Kg, Green, or Baby.  Doesn't matter I want to win.  Just want to acknowledge what the Captain did.  BTW he should have had at least 6 more foul shots that would have been awarded to the KING or Hitman Wade if it had been them.

Go Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: Another Star Last Nite!!

You are right, Paul was awesome tonight on both ends.
    James seemed really surprised that someone outplayed him.
    By the way that play in the first half as PP didn't touch the ball until he was back on the court was also great, it's the little things.

PP defense is really underrated (as Ray Allens defense as well).
    Paul should be considered for All Defense Team anyway.

I really hope that PP can keep that pace.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Another Star Last Nite!!:
    [QUOTE]Lost in the game in which KG played probably his best game of the year and the most important time, Rajon played a tough game and came back from what would have took out 95% of the players in the league was yet another outstanding performace by Paul Pierce.  Let look into it.  Paul got us started right off the bat with points, taking it right at the "King"   He hounded James all game long,  took a charge,  stole the ball from him at half court,  double teamed him and stole the ball by knocking it off James leg.  Switched numerous times to keep Bosh under control.  Best defensive game in a while, which considering it was against James, rates right there with what KG did to Bosh.  To top it all off he had 5 very good assists, 5 rebounds,  ONE turnover, and 27 pts. Now KG and Rondo seem to be getting all the headlines which is fine because I am a Celtic fan and I want to win.  Don't care who gets the stats,  fine with Ray, Kg, Green, or Baby.  Doesn't matter I want to win.  Just want to acknowledge what the Captain did.  BTW he should have had at least 6 more foul shots that would have been awarded to the KING or Hitman Wade if it had been them. Go Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE

Couldnt agree more about PP being the unsung hero.. HE got it going and also finished up..  but we're so used to him being great  that it becomes expected at times... unlike KG stepping up offensively  like he did.. not to mention the beat down he gave Mr Softy Chris Bosh

Rondo didnt have a good game..lets not make up history here... he was playing rather poorly most of the game.. but when he took that fall (throw down by D Bag DWade).... i cant even watch the replays... how he came back Ill never know..    not only did he inspire the team, the crowd and me included.... he actually played his best ball...

Tell ya one thing I posted earlier about.. I always thought Rondo to be aloof and kinda like a punk at times... but he showed grit last nioght.. he showed incredible heart which was unmistakable...    his post game comments were just as inspiring... as was what KG had to say about him..

I think I had this kid figured all wrong.... just a remarkable, gutsy display of leadership and caring for his team...  scores him huge points there..   Hope he somehow can use his left arm next game...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Not only did Pierce dominate offensively, He made James head spin and dominated defensively.

Sections
Shortcuts