Re: Another trade idea
posted at 10/24/2013 10:45 AM EDT
In response to Eldunker's comment:
The problem with this trade idea, is that it makes NO SENSE from the Rockets perspective.
1. The Rockets DO NOT need help at the SF or SG positions. So JG and Crawford offer no incentive, especially to give up a starter and a first round pick.
Jeff isn't an upgrade to start over Parsons (who Houston would have NO interest in trading)... and Brewer and Garcia offer the same skillset as Jeff (who has a much bigger contract) and are very capable defensive backups at SG or SF playing over 20MPG. Crawford would not get any minutes nor add any value to the Rockets.
2. Kevin is experimenting with the idea of moving Asik to PF to play along-side Howard. I believe he will give it a couple of months to see if the twin towers strategy (that he has experience with from the Celtics) will work. If it does then Asik will NOT be a trade piece... if not, given Howard's injury history, the Rockets would be justified in keeping Asik at his reasonable contract.
3. The Rockets DO NEED to upgrade their PG talent from Lin and Beverly to become a top notch contender. I believe that any Houston trade will focus on a all star PG to team with Howard and Harden and Rondo may fit that bill. Rondo could be enough to pry Asik away. And if the Asik twin towers experiment doesn't work then Houston may need a PF that can pull out the D (which last year's starter Grag Smith cannot do), like Oly.
1. I thought Parsons was injured, which is why I proposed the trade in the first place
2. Parsons is listed as a PF, not SF, so I thought Lin, Harden, Green, Parsons and Howard would be a nice starting 5.
3. Asik will be available, they will not put him at the 4....esp with your buddy Parsons there
4. Crawford was a throw-in to back up Harden - injuries DO happen, you know
5. Rondo is worth more than Asik.....who will be a backup this year. You want to trade an All-Star PG for a backup C, go ahead!!!