Another trade idea

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Another trade idea

This one helps both teams, and I'm not sure if it's been visited or not:

To HOU - Jeff Green and Jordan Crawford

Lin, Harden, Green, Montejuines and Howard is very good, with Crawford backing up Lin and Harden

To BOS - Asik and a #1 (next year or the following)

Rondo, Bradley, Wallace, Humphries and Asik.....with Hump, Bass, Oly and Fav as backups. 

I chose Green over Wallace because I think he will be easier to trade, and I've always liked Wallace anyway!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

Re: Another trade idea

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way Ainge trades Jeff Green this season.

Maybe next season.

Gerald Wallace is a very good player.

Unfortunately, he's not part of the future plans of the Celts.

[/QUOTE]

agree! if we get wiggins or parker, then green is tradeable for next season

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No way Ainge trades Jeff Green this season.

Maybe next season.

Gerald Wallace is a very good player.

Unfortunately, he's not part of the future plans of the Celts.

[/QUOTE]

agree! if we get wiggins or parker, then green is tradeable for next season

[/QUOTE]

Agree, Danny will give Green the Green Light this year to see just what he has, It could be that he will not trade him at all, if Green shines this year.  If he falls on his face early , he could be gone at the trade deadline, but I don't see him doing that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from geneb81. Show geneb81's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lin, Harden, Green, Montejuines and Howard is very good, with Crawford backing up Lin and Harden

Rondo, Bradley, Wallace, Humphries and Asik.....with Hump, Bass, Oly and Fav as backups. 

I chose Green over Wallace because I think he will be easier to trade, and I've always liked Wallace anyway!

[/QUOTE]

No , thanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I like this idea. Green as a fourth option in a lineup of Lin, Harden, Parsons, Green and Howard is pretty good.

Gives us a look at Asik. Having a true center allows KO and Sully to play their natural positions. I think you get decent return for Jeff in the deal, though I'd ask for a little bit more. The 2014 pick would likely be near to where the Nets pick is. If you blow it up, Jeff needs to be sent out. Personally, I'd try to fit Bogans in the deal and keep Crawford, and ask for another player from that team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird-to-DJ. Show Bird-to-DJ's posts

I suspect that DA will wait and see how Green does this year as a #1/#2 option before making any decision - which means JG may increase or deep six his trade value...  we'll see.

If JG shows himself to be a solid #3 (at an acceptable salary for a #3 option) then I'd be interestred in the trade here.

However, while R9R wants more in return in teh trade, I don't think you'd get Asik and #1.  The Rockets seem to be really high on Chandler Parsons which means they don't have a glaring need for JG and his $9M.  They also have Patrick Beverly to back up Lin and, to a lesser degree, Harden so Crawford is also not a must for Houston.  If I am Morey - I am not parting with both Asik and a #1 for two rotation players that might not even start for me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

You might get a straight trade green for asik and whatever junk players it takes to make up the rest of JG's salary.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Bird-to-DJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I suspect that DA will wait and see how Green does this year as a #1/#2 option before making any decision - which means JG may increase or deep six his trade value...  we'll see.

If JG shows himself to be a solid #3 (at an acceptable salary for a #3 option) then I'd be interestred in the trade here.

However, while R9R wants more in return in teh trade, I don't think you'd get Asik and #1.  The Rockets seem to be really high on Chandler Parsons which means they don't have a glaring need for JG and his $9M.  They also have Patrick Beverly to back up Lin and, to a lesser degree, Harden so Crawford is also not a must for Houston.  If I am Morey - I am not parting with both Asik and a #1 for two rotation players that might not even start for me.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, but I think you're missing the point in how they could use Jeff.

Jeff could be an ideal small ball 4 along side Howard.

Yes, I am well aware that Jeff has proven to be much more productive at the 3 than the 4, but he has never played next to the best center in the league. A lineup of Lin, Harden, Parsons, Green and Howard would be pretty formidable. Both Parsons and Green are 6'9 so you're not losing much height. You'd have a lineup of above average three point shooters who all can drive to the basket playing around a center who demands a double team and can get make up from the lack of rebouinding at the 4 spot.

The ideal part is Jeff already has chemitry with Harden, but is a much more passive personality. He could let it be Harden & Dwight's team, but still have a few 20 point nights. I just think that Jeff puts them over the top. Asik & a pick is a fair trade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

You're correct in that playing jeff at the 4 would be a lot like the SVG usage of DH.  Jeff could be a stretch 4 in much the same way that richard lewis was.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Wouldn't that be an ideal situation for Jeff? 

A. He's a 4/5th option on offense, not asked to be "the man"

B. His role is clearly defined. He's not stuck in the "am I a starter or 6th man?" like he was last year.

C. He's not depended upon to rebound his positon because he's playing with Dwight and rebounding guards.

D. The offense plays to his strenghts. Rockets had the most possessions per game last year, they are the true run & gun team. They stretch the floor and they don't have a ball-dominant point guard. Jeff can chill in the corner, hitting his three's. He can drive to the rim using his quickness advantage against the other team's PF, especially when Dwight pops out of the paint for screens & pick&roll with Harden.

Seems ideal to me! Rockets just need to give up their redundant Asik and a 2014 unprotected pick. Lets say that the Rockets & Nets picks are both in that 25-30 range. You can easily swap those two picks to get into the mid teens similar to Utah trading 14 & 21 to get a 9 overall pick during this last draft!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Doesn't green make a lot more $ than asik?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doesn't green make a lot more $ than asik?

[/QUOTE]

No they have the same cap hit at ~ 9M. A straight up trade works. The sheety part about Asiks salary is that he is paid 15M during his last year, but the cap is an average of the three years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Again, I like Jeff Green, but I think he is younger and easier to trade.

I also think he would kill in that lineup as a 3rd option.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

Again, I like Jeff Green, but I think he is younger and easier to trade.

I also think he would kill in that lineup as a 3rd option.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I really like the two SF combos that the EC has been moving towards.

Pierce & Green

now Wallace & Green

George & Granger

Lebron & Battier

Shumpart & Melo

Iggy & Barnes

Butler & Deng

I think Parsons & Green would be a good combo

(I also think Green & Smith would be a good combo, but don't tell Detroit)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

I think we should trade Green for a gumball machine..the gumball machine has better and more consistent effort and is more popular with younger fans

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The problem with this trade idea, is that it makes NO SENSE from the Rockets perspective.

1.  The Rockets DO NOT need help at the SF or SG positions.  So JG and Crawford offer no incentive, especially to give up a starter and a first round pick.

Jeff isn't an upgrade to start over Parsons (who Houston would have NO interest in trading)... and Brewer and Garcia offer the same skillset as Jeff  (who has a much bigger contract) and are very capable defensive backups at SG or SF playing over 20MPG.  Crawford would not get any minutes nor add any value to the Rockets.  

2.  Kevin is experimenting with the idea of moving Asik to PF to play along-side Howard.  I believe he will give it a couple of months to see if the twin towers strategy (that he has experience with from the Celtics) will work. If it does then Asik will NOT be a trade piece... if not, given Howard's injury history, the Rockets would be justified in keeping Asik at his reasonable contract.  

3.  The Rockets DO NEED to upgrade their PG talent from Lin and Beverly to become a top notch contender.  I believe that any Houston trade will focus on a all star PG to team with Howard and Harden and Rondo may fit that bill.  Rondo could be enough to pry Asik away. And if the Asik twin towers experiment doesn't work then Houston may need a PF that can pull out the D (which last year's starter Grag Smith cannot do), like Oly.    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The problem with this trade idea, is that it makes NO SENSE from the Rockets perspective.

1.  The Rockets DO NOT need help at the SF or SG positions.  So JG and Crawford offer no incentive, especially to give up a starter and a first round pick.

Jeff isn't an upgrade to start over Parsons (who Houston would have NO interest in trading)... and Brewer and Garcia offer the same skillset as Jeff  (who has a much bigger contract) and are very capable defensive backups at SG or SF playing over 20MPG.  Crawford would not get any minutes nor add any value to the Rockets.  

2.  Kevin is experimenting with the idea of moving Asik to PF to play along-side Howard.  I believe he will give it a couple of months to see if the twin towers strategy (that he has experience with from the Celtics) will work. If it does then Asik will NOT be a trade piece... if not, given Howard's injury history, the Rockets would be justified in keeping Asik at his reasonable contract.  

3.  The Rockets DO NEED to upgrade their PG talent from Lin and Beverly to become a top notch contender.  I believe that any Houston trade will focus on a all star PG to team with Howard and Harden and Rondo may fit that bill.  Rondo could be enough to pry Asik away. And if the Asik twin towers experiment doesn't work then Houston may need a PF that can pull out the D (which last year's starter Grag Smith cannot do), like Oly.    

[/QUOTE]

Dunky...I detest these ballon floaters...they just aren't well thought out and deny the reality that nobody will do another team a huge favor by trading for the C's marginal players for their good ones and high draft picks...it's too early in the season for teams needing one particular piece to make the playoffs or go deep into the playoffs...no one does anyone any favors in the NBA....these scenarios are nothing but a collection of pipe dreams...and based on what I've seen so far in tonite's 1st qtr, we don't have ANYTHING anyone would want.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1.  I thought Parsons was injured, which is why I proposed the trade in the first place

2.  Parsons is listed as a PF, not SF, so I thought Lin, Harden, Green, Parsons and Howard would be a nice starting 5.

3.  Asik will be available, they will not put him at the 4....esp with your buddy Parsons there

4.  Crawford was a throw-in to back up Harden - injuries DO happen, you know

5.  Rondo is worth more than Asik.....who will be a backup this year.  You want to trade an All-Star PG for a backup C, go ahead!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

hedley

The Rockets are using Dwight at the PF position when they're on the court at the same time.

[/QUOTE]

That won't work, either!

Sections
Shortcuts