Another way of looking at it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Another way of looking at it

Call me crazy,(some of you will) but I see dodged bullets all over the place since Dec. 9th. Thank God we didnt do the CP3 trade! He woulda been a rental, we lose Rondo for good a la Perkins and the front court gets thinner by two others at least.
     Who plays point in 2012? Bradley? Yeeesh. Then think about D. West. How many PF's can u play at once? Is he a better 4 than KG? (With ACL surgery last March?) Is he that much better than Bass? Wither Chris Wilcox? And you trade away your only experienced 5 in JO. Doesnt make sense to me. A S&T for Dalembert? Yes, that would make sense. Truth is we have improved this team. Bass and Dooling are more reliable parts than Davis and Delonte. Daniels is healthy. Wilcox brings a big with hops. Energetic rookies have some talent. One more 5 would be nice. is there something in the works we don't know? Could be...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

Re: Another way of looking at it

In Response to Re: Another way of looking at it:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Another way of looking at it : Don't underestimate the failure to get West. He was the transition from KG to the future under Green, Rondo, JJJ, futire picks etal ... Losing out on West means the only way the C's make a significant move is by trading KG and or Ray by the trade dealine. Can't you see the luxury this team would have had being able to rest KG with West and vice versa in a playoffs?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    Bass, JJJ, Wilcox can all do that. West is damaged goods. He is also not a young guy and he isnt known for his defense. We retain cap flexibility by not tying up 27 million over the next three years and we keep our only experienced center on the roster. Win-win. We're bi-winning! With Tiger blood... 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The difference between West and Bass/JJJ/Wilcox is the experienced and consistent scoring.  West has it, the others don't, especially Wilcox.   

West was a serious opportunity missed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]The difference between West and Bass/JJJ/Wilcox is the experienced and consistent scoring.  West has it, the others don't, especially Wilcox.    West was a serious opportunity missed.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    You are banking on no ill effects from ACL surgery. Not a given! And Bass can score. With more opportunities down the road, I could see him eventually being a 15 -18 pts a game guy. Ans less than half the cap space of West or BBD. Plus we keep JO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Another way of looking at it : You are banking on no ill effects from ACL surgery. Not a given! And Bass can score. With more opportunities down the road, I could see him eventually being a 15 -18 pts a game guy. Ans less than half the cap space of West or BBD. Plus we keep JO.
    Posted by nutter44[/QUOTE]

Yes, I am banking on successful recovery from surgery and you're right - its not a given.  But, from the reports, he's recovered nicely.  Its a gamble but one worth taking given that we are not getting any other free agents, clearly.

As for Bass - the guy's been in the league for 6 years and in good situations.  he started for Orlando for some time.  In Dallas where he could have been a bigger scorer behind Terry and Dirk.  But in all of his 6 years, he's averaged 7.7 pts per game.   My guess is that if he hasn't shown it by now, he's not going to show it.  Bass could get up to 10 or 12 points a game if he improves and is in the right situation and if and if and it......., but West is already an 18 point a game guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

by the way, cap space is only valuable if you can use it to recruit someone.  Our problem is that there may be no game changers available when we have cap space.   CP3 is gone, Howard doesn't want to play here, and the only other guy who's a game changer is Deron Williams and he doesn't satisfy our biggest need - a big man!

So, I would have given up some cap room for West who would take scoring pressure off KG.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

[QUOTE]by the way, cap space is only valuable if you can use it to recruit someone.  Our problem is that there may be no game changers available when we have cap space.   CP3 is gone, Howard doesn't want to play here, and the only other guy who's a game changer is Deron Williams and he doesn't satisfy our biggest need - a big man! So, I would have given up some cap room for West who would take scoring pressure off KG.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    There will always be difference makers. Some guys just need the right situation. Will we be able to attract a cornerstone, in his prime FA? Probably not. But eventually an older guy is available and you draft someone who ends up better than people thought and...I believe we call that the Celtic way. If Len Bias and Reggie Lewis had both lived, how many banners would hang in the Garden? I envisioned those two and Dee Brown and Brian Shaw and Pinckney flying up the floor. We always find a way to put another "group" together.

10. This post has been removed.