Anpther option for free agency!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Anpther option for free agency!

I am being serious about this - not trying to provoke any arguments.  This article  shows a player who is doing really well right now, who is a UFA at the end of the year.   He is young and can rebound.   He MAY be a nice option instead of Humphries.  Tell me what you think.  Please read the link to understand we could offer him more than his current team AND a chance to start!!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-pm-paying-jordan-hill

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Anpther option for free agency!

I think he got 10 boards in the Lakers last game against Denver.
    Don't know too much about him other than that and your link.
    Might depend  on who we  get  in the draft.
    But we should have some cap space next year, eh?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I think you're on to something, i've always liked Hill's talent, he was the 8th overall pick in the 09 draft. It would be great to steal him from the Lakers!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Are you kidding me?

Read this link!!  Heck no way I want this kid!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Anpther option for free agency!:
    [QUOTE] Are you kidding me? Read this link!!  Heck no way I want this kid!! http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/04/30/jordan-hill-charged-with-assault/
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I know about that, but I'm going to wait for the outcome.  Seems awfully suspicious that the charges are just now appearing, when he's about to get a big, new contract!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

It's in the genes. Jimmy is a great talent evaluator just like his dad. He drafted Bynum too.
    Thank you Jimmy.Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

You speak the truth, GK  -  all the guy needed was a chance to show what he can do................he MAY (notice I said MAY) have just priced himself out of LA!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anpther option for free agency! : I know about that, but I'm going to wait for the outcome.  Seems awfully suspicious that the charges are just now appearing, when he's about to get a big, new contract!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Or maybe some is trying to alter the outcome of the series

This is kind of like when Kwame Brown was charged during the 2006 Lakers Suns series. very suspicious. Probably screwed up his head even more

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2516332

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd take a guy like Hill if the Hibbert, McGee, Humphries options are off the board

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Of course, now that Mitch and Jimmy picked Jordan Hill off of the scrap heap because they saw the talent he had, Boston fans now want him on the Celtics...

Danny could have traded very little for Hill or JJ Hickson but he chose to go with Ryan Hollins and Sean Williams... UGH!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

I'm not interested at all in Humphries. Don't know what people see in that guy. He just seems... ordinary to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Humphries is a solid player. Not worth anything close to the money he'll get, but he's the kind of guy who is a final piece who does the little things for a contender

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Of course, now that Mitch and Jimmy picked Jordan Hill off of the scrap heap because they saw the talent he had, Boston fans now want him on the Celtics... Danny could have traded very little for Hill or JJ Hickson but he chose to go with Ryan Hollins and Sean Williams... UGH!!!!!
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

A first rd pick in one of the most loaded drafts in years is not 'very little' there will be multiple guys taken after pick 18 who will be better than Jordan Hill. Hill's not going to give you much more than Bass on the offensive end, but C's need rebounds which is why he is interesting, but there are many other options I prefer.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anpther option for free agency! : A first rd pick in one of the most loaded drafts in years is not 'very little' there will be multiple guys taken after pick 18 who will be better than Jordan Hill. Hill's not going to give you much more than Bass on the offensive end, but C's need rebounds which is why he is interesting, but there are many other options I prefer.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

LA would not have had the Dallas' 1st round pick this year anyway.
    Dallas is keeping it.
    Houston might not receive it for a number of years.
    Hill has great hands and a nose for the ball.
    He is also a very good defender who can block shots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

One reason LA had to give up the protected 1st round pick for Hill was because Houston took back Fisher's contract which would have cost LA $6.4m next season with the luxury tax.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

This really has nothing to do with any other team than the Celtics.  I just felt he would be interesting to look at.  He is a very good rebounder, and is young and mobile.  I agree with Rame, he is not Hibbert or McGee or Humphries, but put him with Rondo and Bradley (Mayo?) and Green, and that is an explosive unit.

Just pondering what MY team could do, since the guy is a UFA.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

Smedley, I got a dollar that you don't get Hibbert,McGee or Humphries. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]This really has nothing to do with any other team than the Celtics.  I just felt he would be interesting to look at.  He is a very good rebounder, and is young and mobile.  I agree with Rame, he is not Hibbert or McGee or Humphries, but put him with Rondo and Bradley (Mayo?) and Green, and that is an explosive unit. Just pondering what MY team could do, since the guy is a UFA.......
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Well I would certainly swap Fisher and a future pick for Jordan even if he is a 3 month rental he is better than McRoberts/Murphy.

LA can't really afford him if anyone wants to go 5 million+ per season. Considering I am on the record as willing to go 8-11 million per for Humphries I would certainly be fine giving Hill 6-7 million per if we miss on other guys.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Literally Mcgee and Hibbert. Are the 2 options I like. No one else calls my attention. I like Mcgee more he has the ability to run the floor with RONDO.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

Mcgee is the ONLY big guy I like for the CELTICS and he finishes with AUTHORITY not these layups like some of these other 7 footers would do. Hibbert does not get off the ground and I have seen Hill do this. Around the rim be intimidating for the defense and make the 2 points feel like 6.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

McGee has also gotten moved out of the way effortlessly at times by Bynum and despite somehow being listed at the same height, Gasol looks taller/longer and able to score over him as well.

Hibbert is 7'2" and can bang with Howard and Bynum. However, paying max $ for 13 points, 9 rebounds and 2 blocks is a big reach. Hibbert has practically tapped out his potential. Danny shoulda just paid 7 point, 8 rebound 2 block Perkins 8 million a year and had him for the '11/'12 playoffs over giving Hibbert the max just as the big 3 declines completely and retires, but oh well.

McGee has way more upside tho, already rebounds at the same rate as Hibbert and his running with Rondo would be great. Gotta think that Denver will match any offer for him as they were willing to pay Nene a ton last year and saved that money over the next 4 years knowing it would likely be around any offer the younger McGee would recieve.

Sections
Shortcuts