Anthony Tolliver AND Ricky Rubio to replace BBD in a worst case scenario.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Anthony Tolliver AND Ricky Rubio to replace BBD in a worst case scenario.....

NOW we're talking !

I like the enthusiasm for Tolliver, a very athletic and active young player.

But if we're not going to resign BBD for market value , then I would take Tolliver and Ricky Rubio from Minnesota for BBD in a sign and trade...

What do you think ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

Re: Anthony Tolliver AND Ricky Rubio to replace BBD in a worst case scenario.....

I think you are crazy!

Why would the Wolves trade Ricky Rubio, a 5th overall draft pick, for BBD when the Wolves already have Kevin Love and Michael Beasley? 

Only a fool would trade the #5 pick and their backup PF for another backup PF. Yell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Anthony Tolliver AND Ricky Rubio to replace BBD in a worst case scenario.....

because Big Baby is that good...

Plus the Celtics could throw in their (or the Clippers) #1st round draft pick , ect...

I hope Big Baby re-signs with the Celtics but if he is offered big bucks then the Tolliver fantasy becomes something to think about......

And I think Ricky Rubio never plays a game in a Wolves jersey...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBaby11. Show BigBaby11's posts

In Response to Re: Anthony Tolliver AND Ricky Rubio to replace BBD in a worst case scenario.....:
    [QUOTE]because Big Baby is that good... Plus the Celtics could throw in their (or the Clippers) #1st round draft pick , ect... I hope Big Baby re-signs with the Celtics but if he is offered big bucks then the Tolliver fantasy becomes something to think about...... And I think Ricky Rubio never plays a game in a Wolves jersey...
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

Celtic fans would love that trade, but you really think the Wolves are that stupid? 

"The Great Big Baby" is good but not that good! A #5 pick and a backup PF for another backup PF??? Really?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Dreamer! Only way this would happen if Kevin McFale had anything to do with it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

You realize that we already have a point guard and that Rubio is coming off a pretty mediocre season of overseas ball right? You realize it would be a PR disaster if Minnesota traded him? 

Nice job coming up with a trade that is pretty bad for both teams, that's not easy to do.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

After all the trouble Minnesota has been through to recruit Ricky Rubio, it would be utter stupidity for them to trade him (and Tolliver) for BBD.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

We already have as good a point guard tandem as anyone in the league.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Ricky rubio sux, I'd rather have rondo leading the team than that wimp!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

For those looking for an American comparison, it’s best to forget Pete Maravich or Steve Nash. Rubio will never be a legendary scorer like Maravich, or a drop-dead shooter like Nash. The better comparison is Celtics guard Rajon Rondo. Like Rondo, Rubio is at his best in the open floor, when his lack of shooting does not clutter the floor. They both excel when surrounded by scorers. Both have a talent for getting rebounds and steals, and neither needs to score to be effective. Rubio is not blessed with the quickness of Rondo, but his court sense and anticipation on the defensive end have made him a top-notch defender in Europe.

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/01/to-improve-rubio-needs-to-come-to-n-b-a/

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: Anthony Tolliver AND Ricky Rubio to replace BBD in a worst case scenario.....:
    [QUOTE]For those looking for an American comparison, it’s best to forget Pete Maravich or Steve Nash . Rubio will never be a legendary scorer like Maravich, or a drop-dead shooter like Nash. The better comparison is Celtics guard Rajon Rondo . Like Rondo, Rubio is at his best in the open floor, when his lack of shooting does not clutter the floor. They both excel when surrounded by scorers. Both have a talent for getting rebounds and steals, and neither needs to score to be effective. Rubio is not blessed with the quickness of Rondo, but his court sense and anticipation on the defensive end have made him a top-notch defender in Europe.   http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/04/01/to-improve-rubio-needs-to-come-to-n-b-a/
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]

I don't mind this comparison at all. like rondo or loathe him, the big 3 play better with him out there then any other point guard we've recruited in the last 4 years. If we can have a rondo-type player to back him up, that can only be a good thing.

however, I don't want to give up baby and I definitely don't want tolliver

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Ricky Rubio has never even played in an NBA game. From what I've seen of him, I'm not impressed.
        Hopefully Big Baby will be resigned. If he chooses to go elsewhere, than the C's will deal with it accordingly when the time comes.

Sections
Shortcuts