Anti SARIC Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Anti SARIC Thread

Saric is 6’10.  He’s been playing PF for the past 2 seasons.  I don’t care what anyone says, he does not have the size, strength, length and PF offensive skills necessary to play PF in the NBA.

Put Saric at SF?  Every SF in the whole league will blow by him on defense. 

What’s to like about him?  He has Jeff Green’s skill set.  He’s the white version of Uncle Jeff.  I like Jeff Green, but I think we’re all set in the Jeff Green Department right now. 

It would not surprise me at all to see Saric blossom into an NBA 6th Man Of The Year.  I think he could come off the bench and score points in bunches.  But as far as tweener’s go, this guy is the dictionary definition of one.  Not strong enough to play PF, not quick enough to play SF.

Thoughts? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Re: Anti SARIC Thread

We will only play him on offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

I wouldn't spend the 6 on him, but I think his talent is worth the 17 if he falls that far. I'm also hoping Green gets traded, so there wouldn't be a redundant skill set.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Saric is 6’10.  He’s been playing PF for the past 2 seasons.  I don’t care what anyone says, he does not have the size, strength, length and PF offensive skills necessary to play PF in the NBA.

What’s to like about him?  He has Jeff Green’s skill set.  He’s the white version of Uncle Jeff.  I like Jeff Green, but I think we’re all set in the Jeff Green Department right now. 

It would not surprise me at all to see Saric blossom into an NBA 6th Man Of The Year.  I think he could come off the bench and score points in bunches.  But as far as tweener’s go, this guy is the dictionary definition of one.  Not strong enough to play PF, not quick enough to play SF.

Thoughts? 

[/QUOTE]
    You  write you don't care what anyone says?

And then you ask for our thoughts.

My head just exploded.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thoughts? 

[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't be surprised if he was the 6th man of the year but you don't think he is worth a 17th pick?

If he is there at 17 you gotta take him. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Hey-  No one wants to hear your thoughts, except perhaps the FBI.  But if you read about Saric at Draft Express, you'll read the reason why he opted out of last year's draft.  They said the reason was because:

From June 2013: "Dario Saric has already withdrawn from the draft, which might be a good thing considering he ranked as the least efficient shooter and overall scorer, and most turnover prone player in this group. His 0.84 PPP and 22% turnover rate are a bit misleading though, as he struggled mightily when he first returned to action in the Adriatic League before looking more comfortable and settling in nicely in the far weaker Croatian League later on. It will be interesting to see how much he can improve in various areas next season."

So Saric's 2014 stats are coming from the woeful Adree-craptic league, and this clown says he's better than Wiggins and Parker?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

He is not jgreen. Jgreen is a much better athlete. Saric is more of a playmaker (ball handling, passing ,vision). I have the same concerns about saric on the defensive end. He will have a lot of trouble defending 3s and he has a 6'10-wingspan so doesnt have length and strength to defends  nba pf's either. He looks the part of a stretch 4 cant really shoot. He shot around 30 fromn from 3 in fiba which has a shorter distance too.  

He seems like a shorter and worse shooting version of kelly olynyk. No thanks.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I see Saric as Turkaglu 2.0.  A SF who will always be a below average defender, but will be good enough offensively to warrant a starters spot at some point. He may have a short shelf life though. He's already behind the ball athletically so when he enters his 30s he will probably fade quickly. 

The thing about having a point forward who can score a little is that you can use a shoot first PG and have more offensive weapons on the court at one time.  Saric would probably excel with PGs like Irving, Dragic, Jennings, Westbrook, and the like.

Rondo???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

I see Saric as Turkaglu 2.0.  A SF who will always be a below average defender, but will be good enough offensively to warrant a starters spot at some point. He may have a short shelf life though. He's already behind the ball athletically so when he enters his 30s he will probably fade quickly. 

The thing about having a point forward who can score a little is that you can use a shoot first PG and have more offensive weapons on the court at one time.  Saric would probably excel with PGs like Irving, Dragic, Jennings, Westbrook, and the like.

Rondo???

Just like "No one expects the Spanish Inquisition", "No one excels with Rondon't at PG!"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo???

[/QUOTE]
    I see your point so if we draft smart/exum and then saric. Maybe RR is really going to bolt/get traded. If Saric is as advertised we either draft the next Turk od T Kucoc that's not bad for 17.

13. This post has been removed.