Anyone catch the Varsity game?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Anyone catch the Varsity game?

After an entertaining JV game, the best team in LA, according to Magic Johnson (and all the other commentators), came out and stomped all over the Nuggets.  While they will never be the most popular team in front-running LA, the Clips win streak has proven that ShowTime is, indeed, back.  14 wins in a row, and most of them by double digits is far more impressive than the current JV streak.  Castoffs Matt Barnes and Lamar Odom are both playing very well, and the Clips continue to have the best bench in the league.

The lakers better shoot for a 7 seed, because they do not want to play this team in the first round.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Anyone catch the Varsity game?

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Clippers are playing great ball.

They are a long way off from proving that they are a championship contending team.

The only team I think the Lakers don't want to face in the first round is OKC.

[/QUOTE]

They are closer to proving they are a championship contending team then the Lakers.

Getting destroyed in the second round the past two years and playing 500 ball this year does not make a team a championship contender.

and no Boston isn't either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Clippers are playing great ball.

They are a long way off from proving that they are a championship contending team.

The only team I think the Lakers don't want to face in the first round is OKC.

[/QUOTE]

what does this have to do with the Lakers?  Your true colors coming out?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Until the Clippers get a title, they are as relevant as the Celtics with only 1 in the last 26 years. Hope all is well!"

Umm - not at all. In your mind, yes, in your fantastical mind. 

But the fact is that whatever the Lakers or Celts won in prevoius years has no bearing on this year. In fact neither team is relevant at the moment. The Clippers are absolutely relevant and will be a factor in the postseason. The Clippers are far more worthy of discussion in this forum, if we are going to go off topic, than the Lakers. 

In case you are wondering, where your point does some into play is when someone calls the Clippers "the best team in the league." That you cannot say until they prove more in the postseason. But to be considered one of the best teams in the league and a genuine threat to come out of the west - they have earned that. 

I suspect this topic bothers you because Stern stopping the Chris Paul trade set your franchise back years. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In response to FURY13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Clips are much more talented at ever position but SG. Kobe still gets the nod there, but they can't/won't beat the clips if they met in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

KoMe may still get the nod as starting shooting guard, but I'd take Jamal Crawford in a heart beat over the supremely selfish one.  He of the forty-one shots to score thirty-ish points.  Can't anyone ever accuse KoMe of being unselfish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Always,

CELTICS RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamLock

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In any case, the the Clippers are a Los Angeles team, so whether it' the Lakers or Clippers , L.A. pro ball is still head and shoulders above Boston. What the Buffer should have said was "even the Clippers are better than the Cs, much, much better. In fact, the CS would be the 3rd best pro team in L.A. alone and 4th best in California, behind even Golden State. You'd be at Sacramento Kings level.  What a laugh that is, but just goes to show you how far down the CS have gone and now you know that 2008 was a mere anomaly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Yeah good point Celtics would be the fourth best team in CA and the Lakers would be the third best.

Fascinating stuff.

Thanks for posting.

It is amazing how childish this board is.

I really could care less if the Celtics are better than the Lakers this year or vice versa.  I am kind of concerned with the other 14 teams or so that have been better than both thus far.

Call me crazy.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In any case, the the Clippers are a Los Angeles team, so whether it' the Lakers or Clippers , L.A. pro ball is still head and shoulders above Boston. What the Buffer should have said was "even the Clippers are better than the Cs, much, much better. In fact, the CS would be the 3rd best pro team in L.A. alone and 4th best in California, behind even Golden State. You'd be at Sacramento Kings level.  What a laugh that is, but just goes to show you how far down the CS have gone and now you know that 2008 was a mere anomaly.

[/QUOTE]

front runners already appearing.

ah, lakers fans HATE the Clips!!  Now, because they are in LA, you are embracing them?  Sorry, not buying it!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Listened to 710 ESPN on the way home from my game today.  That's the lakers home station.  They were encouraging tweets from lakers fans with the question - "do you have any respect for the Clips now that they have won 14 in  a row?  Only ONE person said YES, with the caveat that it was because he knew the lakers couldn't beat them this year.  They discounted ridiculous comments about never winning a title - that is for losers.  They only cared about the present - right now................and all the tweets said NO, they hate the Clippers, and could never root for them.  It's like USC-UCLA.

So, you can believe a liar and a welcher, or you can take my word for it, I heard it less than 1 hour ago on the radio!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Listened to 710 ESPN on the way home from my game today.  That's the lakers home station.  They were encouraging tweets from lakers fans with the question - "do you have any respect for the Clips now that they have won 14 in  a row?  Only ONE person said YES, with the caveat that it was because he knew the lakers couldn't beat them this year.  They discounted ridiculous comments about never winning a title - that is for losers.  They only cared about the present - right now................and all the tweets said NO, they hate the Clippers, and could never root for them.  It's like USC-UCLA.

So, you can believe a liar and a welcher, or you can take my word for it, I heard it less than 1 hour ago on the radio!

[/QUOTE]

So everything you hear on the radio, or see on TV, or read on the internet is true now?

ROTFLMAO!!!

You are hilarious, my friend. Hope all is well!

Have a very blessed day and a most splendid New Year!

[/QUOTE]

Well, they were lakers fans - so, no, they were probably liars like you and Tommy!

Bye!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

The great thing is the Los Angeles has two chances to win a title this year. That's all that matters. Sure, we're Lakers fans and when the two match up we root for the Lakers, but we also root for the Clips second when they play everyone else. And when the playoffs come around we have two teams to root for, and when one gets eliminated we still got a chance for a ring with the other.The CS will be lucky if they even make the playoffs. Yes, we have two exciting teams on the upswing and Boston has, well, the Pats, but they're not even in boston, they're in another city and they represent the entire New Englan area. So really, Boston has nothing left, except Duke's memories of the civil war era Celtics. You have yourself a happy new year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

The great thing is the Los Angeles has two chances to win a title this year. That's all that matters. Sure, we're Lakers fans and when the two match up we root for the Lakers, but we also root for the Clips second when they play everyone else. And when the playoffs come around we have two teams to root for, and when one gets eliminated we still got a chance for a ring with the other.The CS will be lucky if they even make the playoffs. Yes, we have two exciting teams on the upswing and Boston has, well, the Pats, but they're not even in boston, they're in another city and they represent the entire New Englan area. So really, Boston has nothing left, except Duke's memories of the civil war era Celtics. You have yourself a happy new year.

[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true LA fair weather fan...........do you  expect us to believe that WHEN the lakers get eliminated this year, you will root for the Clips?

You must be in LYING school with Blooooogy!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true LA fair weather fan...........do you  expect us to believe that WHEN the lakers get eliminated this year, you will root for the Clips?

[/QUOTE]
    Buffoon, you're just really jealous what we have. LA is the Mecca (Metta?) of the NBA, and you guys have nothing now. Both LA teams are terrific, even when Kobe retires, and all you have left is a ravaged, aging KG/Pierce combo with nothing in the wings to replace them. See ya in 25 years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Buffoon, you're just really jealous what we have. LA is the Mecca (Metta?) of the NBA, and you guys have nothing now. Both LA teams are terrific, even when Kobe retires, and all you have left is a ravaged, aging KG/Pierce combo with nothing in the wings to replace them. See ya in 25 years.

[/QUOTE]

You are really obsessed with the Celtics, why is that?

Furthermore, I didn't call Mr. Bryant koME for over a year.  YOU said if I did that, you would stop with the Buffoon comments.

I did - you didn't

You are a liar like Blooopy and Tommy and wheelchair and the rest of them.  Let's be clear about this -

NO ONE BELIEVES YOU WILL ROOT FOR THE CLIPPERS WHEN ( and it IS when) THE LAKERS ARE ELIMINATED!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are really obsessed with the Celtics, why is that?

Furthermore, I didn't call Mr. Bryant koME for over a year.  YOU said if I did that, you would stop with the Buffoon comments.

I did - you didn't

You are a liar like Blooopy and Tommy and wheelchair and the rest of them.  Let's be clear about this -

NO ONE BELIEVES YOU WILL ROOT FOR THE CLIPPERS WHEN ( and it IS when) THE LAKERS ARE ELIMINATED!!

[/QUOTE]

The Clippers are family to us. It's that stupid racist owner of theirs we can't stand. But the Clips belong to LA, and we back them up whenever they play anyone other than the Lakers. LA is blessed to have to top tier teams right now and for the forseeable future. What do you have other than your bitterness and hate? And as far as obsessed, you have it the wrong way, this site does nothing but two things, talks Celtics and bash Lakers. Many times half the threads started here are about hating on the Lakers. You go to Lakersnation or Clublakers or LA Times and not a word about the Celtics. So keep up the hate, we'll be here to balance things out. Hed, you have a real problem with a lot of people here and you should really examine your approach. I suspect you have the same problem is real life out there in Burbank.

[/QUOTE]

1.  Lie!

2.  Don't recall you feeling that way last year!

3.  Plenty of Celtics hate on the LA Times, and on 710 ESPN - heard some today - another lie!

Why don't you hang out there, where there is a love fest 24/7 for the lakers?  Why come on here, offer nothing of value, lie, and insult people??

I suspect you have the same problems in all areas of your life.

Bye!!

Sections
Shortcuts