ANYONE CHECKED OUT TROY MURPHY?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

ANYONE CHECKED OUT TROY MURPHY?

why dont we get guys like that? we couldnt use murph... really? great range and powerful offensive rebounds. 3 for 5 with 5 offensive rebounds out if 8 total with a monster block in 22 energetic minutes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

Re: ANYONE CHECKED OUT TROY MURPHY?

You had him last year

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

He didn't do anything for the Celtics last season and Danny didn't believe that he could be of any help this year.   Maybe he will turn out to be a good player for the Lakers, but I wouldn't have resigned him either if I was Danny. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

let' not overreact here, it's the first game of the season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Murph had 7 points and 8 rebounds in 23 minutes.....a darn good game as some points and rebounds were critical.  But, that's likely his best game in almost 2 years.  Let's see if he can keep it going before declaring him a comeback player.  Certainly not worth taking a chance on based on his performance last year!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

On the other hand, here is SUB - Glen Davis:
    19 mins 3-9 from the field, 5 rebs, 2 TO's,  4 fouls, 6 points and a -8

Von Wafer, had 9 pts in 9 mins 2-2 on FG  5-5 on FT's

Of the two, I wish we kept Wafer.......I have already forgotten Davis!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I wish we had kept Von Wafer.  He had some real scoring ability.  Only a moron would want Troy Murphy who game after game last season gave them nothing. Literally he did nothing the whole time he was here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This post would carry more weight if you had been agitating for him before the season. But of course you didn't, and nobody else did either, because he was TERRIBLE the whole time he was here and gave him nothing. If I recall correctly, you were complaining last year that we signed Murphy and not Leon Powe, no?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I know he didn't do much last year for us, but I also don't think he had ample time to fit in and didn't get enough time to work his way back into playing condition. I felt like it was a good pickup last year that didn't pan out.  He will help the Lakers, no doubt in my mind.  Not sure what it would have cost us for him but if it was the minimum i think we missed the boat. The dude has been a walking double double for about 5 years out of the last 6 or something like that.  He has always been a good shooter and a person doesn't forget that.  Rebounds are rebound he knows how to get them.   Oh well too late now but I think he cold have helped us.  Probably not defensively though.  I am of a mindset that we can't have too many scorers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: ANYONE CHECKED OUT TROY MURPHY?:
    [QUOTE]This post would carry more weight if you had been agitating for him before the season. But of course you didn't, and nobody else did either, because he was TERRIBLE the whole time he was here and gave him nothing. If I recall correctly, you were complaining last year that we signed Murphy and not Leon Powe, no?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I was one advocating to bring Murhpy into camp.  Don't know if he would have made it, but I never thought he was as bad as he showed last year!

Leon Powe is still out there!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Chris Wilcox is a much better acquisition than Troy Murphy. Danny was tasked with putting together a team, because of the lockout, in a short time period.  I bet most coaches and GMs would say Danny did a better job than most this season.  The season will tell, but if you look at how Danny scrambled particularly cause of Jeff Green's heart ailment and David West signing with the Pacers, instead of the Celtics, it is quite impressive.  Let's see what fans think of Chris Wilcox, Brandon Bass, Keyon Dooling, Mickael Pietrus, and bringing back a healthy Marquis Daniels.  This is a bench which could very well have helped the big 3 win at least another Championship since they came together. Not only is the veteran 2nd team impressive, but the Celtics might have a future if Jeff Green comes back 100% in 2012-2013, and Moore, Johnson, Bradley and Steimsma continue to develop to play with Green, Pietrus, Rondo and Brandon Bass. This shortened season is certainly going to be one of surprises and hopefully most of them are positive.