Anyone else just severely depressed after thinking 100% that SAN was winning that game last night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Anyone else just severely depressed after thinking 100% that SAN was winning that game last night

At this point, who cares where Doc, KG, PP, RR, JG, DA go...

Spurs should have won that last night. Hard to blame anyone, but my inclination is towards the refs with some really impactful non-calls. That Ginoble drive ... there were three different fouls on that. 

Lebron had no right to win last night. They stole that game.

TLDR: Last two minutes of game 7 ... don't expect ANY fouls to be called.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Re: Anyone else just severely depressed after thinking 100% that SAN was winning that game last night

Yeah, the refs and Pop who sat Ducan and Parker at critical times blew that game. NBA refs are just a real bad joke. Also kind of bummed that RA of all people hit that shot. Just don't see the Spurs recovering from that loss.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Anyone else just severely depressed after thinking 100% that SAN was winning that game last night

Not depressed at all.  I'm rooting for the Heat.  What a great win!!  Like the Bruins miracle comeback in game 7 against Toronto, this energy will propel the Heat to victory in game 7.  

and Couldn't be happier for Allen.  An great athlete with exceptional class.  Deserves to go out with a title that he was instrumental in delivering.

and as usual whenever there is a win by another team or a loss by the Celtics, the same people blame the refs... 

Who cares where Doc, KG, PP and others end up?  I do.  

I suggest you ignore basketball and follow the Bruins to help with your severe depression.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

The refs did not blow this game, POPS blew this game by overthinking and overcoaching the last 30seconds. Sorry, you just don't sit Duncan. And Duncan should have been refusing his removal. The guy had 15 plus rebounds and you sit him. Makes no sense. And don't even try to defend Pops move. He blew it and he knows it.

28 seconds. Lebron turning into old Lebron...coughing up the ball. And you gift wrap game 6 to the Heat.

Sorry, Pops should have been treating this game like a game 7. No one sits for rest-bits. Even the choice to have Parker go coast to coast in regulation was not the best of moves. And didn't Pops have a timeout on that last Ginobili rush.

Ego got in the way....and cost the SPURS

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Not depressed at all.  I'm rooting for the Heat.  What a great win!!  Like the Bruins miracle comeback in game 7 against Toronto, this energy will propel the Heat to victory in game 7.  

and Couldn't be happier for Allen.  An great athlete with exceptional class.  Deserves to go out with a title that he was instrumental in delivering.

and as usual whenever there is a win by another team or a loss by the Celtics, the same people blame the refs... 

I suggest you ignore basketball and follow the Bruins to help with your severe depression.

Many of us on this site really dislike Miami.  I don't understand why anyone who claims to be a Celtics fan would want to see Miami win the championship.  I am not happy for Ray Allen or anyone on the current Miami team.  The Spurs should have won last night and it was discouraging to see them lose. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I hope the Spurs can bounce back but they were 5 seconds or a rebound away from winning the title. That could linger.

Hopefully Pop plays the bench enough to get to the 4th qtr because they looked spent. No one can expect another game like that from Duncan. Gino owes Pop and Duncan a game after that performance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Many of us on this site really dislike Miami.  I don't understand why anyone who claims to be a Celtics fan would want to see Miami win the championship.  

I root for the Celtics over every other team.

After that, can you please let me know who I should root for and who I shouldn't and your reasoning.  Maybe your reasoning is different than mine.  I don't generally follow the whim of others on this board.  I think for myself.

Since you asked the following is why I am rooting for the Heat:

1.  I lived there years ago

2.  I admire Ray Allen.  Would love to see him go out with a title and dignity. (As I hope PP does)  

3.  I like Lebron. For alot of reasons. I don't buy into the negativity of his leaving Cleveland (as I don't buy into the negativity of Allen leaving the Celtics).  Its about business and personal goals.  

4.  I like Duane Wade.  Never did anything to upset or annoy me.  Amazing athlete. 

5.  I always root for an Eastern team over a Western team 

6.  I hate Texas and everything to do with Texas.  SA is in Texas.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Many of us on this site really dislike Miami.  I don't understand why anyone who claims to be a Celtics fan would want to see Miami win the championship.  

After that, can you please let me know who I should root for and who I shouldn't and your reasoning.  Maybe your reasoning is different than mine.  I don't generally follow the whim of others on this board.  I think for myself.

2.  I admire Ray Allen.  Would love to see him go out with a title and dignity. (As I hope PP does)  

3.  I like Lebron. For alot of reasons. I don't buy into the negativity of his leaving Cleveland (as I don't buy into the negativity of Allen leaving the Celtics).  Its about business and personal goals.  

4.  I like Duane Wade.  Never did anything to upset or annoy me.  Amazing athlete. 

Fair enough.  I would imagine that some people who live in Florida and grew up in other parts of the country could root for Miami.  I can understand that.  I also know several people who live in Florida who also really dislike Miami and don't want to see them win.  Just a difference of opinion. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

The refs did not blow this game, POPS blew this game by overthinking and overcoaching the last 30seconds. Sorry, you just don't sit Duncan. And Duncan should have been refusing his removal. The guy had 15 plus rebounds and you sit him. Makes no sense. And don't even try to defend Pops move. He blew it and he knows it.

28 seconds. Lebron turning into old Lebron...coughing up the ball. And you gift wrap game 6 to the Heat.

Sorry, Pops should have been treating this game like a game 7. No one sits for rest-bits. Even the choice to have Parker go coast to coast in regulation was not the best of moves. And didn't Pops have a timeout on that last Ginobili rush.

Ego got in the way....and cost the SPURS

This was as much a bizarre and poorly coached game at least the last minute of regulation and overtime as I have ever seen. I was shouting at Popovich (through the tv!) "What the heck are you doing?! Didn't you see game 1 of the ECF?!)!" It was absolutely bizarre. San Antonio was up 3-2 because they prevented Miami from getting 2nd chance points by jamming the interior with Duncan and daring guys like Bosh to shoot threes. Everyone knew that Miami was going to shoot 3's but to not have your best guy to clean up the boards is beyond me. ONE rebound for San Antonio in those last 30 seconds would have secured the game. What gets me is that Popovich could have changed his game plan and had Duncan on the floor after James' three but he made the exact same mistake again. Wow. Granted there was some bizarre officiating as well. 1. James pushing off Green with his elbow and not getting called for the foul (though he did lose the ball out of bounds) 2. Ginobli getting absolutely mugged by Ray Allen (this would have won the game for S.A.), 3. Bosh not getting called for the foul on Green when Green was shooting a three on the games last play. Poor officiating that helped to decide the game but ultimately Pop blew it (he also gave Ginobli way too much playing time when Ginobli was clearly having a horrendous game for the ages).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

A true Celtics fan wouldnt root for their biggest rival. Period.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I am sorry that you hate me, El.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Popovich not fouling while up 3 was very a dumb move cuz miami had no timeouts and also not having your best rebounder in tim duncan on the floor was also perplexing, especially considering the play before lebron bricked a 3 and an offensive rebound led to another 3 pt attempt that lebron nailed and then the last ray 3 was also off a chris bosh offensive rebound too. Its called DEFENSIVE rebounding for a reason.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I'm glad Miami won.

I'm a Celtics fan first and always.  However, The Celtics aren't playing and someone has to win it this year.

Why Miami?

1) If San Antonio loses, their perfect Finals record goes away.  That helps the Celtics in a small way.  It's getting to the point that Pops is being compared to Red, and Duncan to Russ.  Stop the nonsense.

2) I admire what Lebron has done this year.   I hated "The Decision" and the Heat right up through this year's regular season.  But a strange thing happened.  The surrounding cast became less and less productive with each passing playoff series.  I like underdogs.  I don't care what oddsmakers or "experts" say;  to me, the Heat are vastly undermanned against the Spurs.   I've said it before, if the Heat win the Finals, and I think they will, this is the greatest "carry the team on his back by himself" champion since Rick Barry.

3) This improves Lebron's standing as the GOAT.  IMO he is already the GOAT.  But another win should vault him over Kobe (hated Laker who always had a better cast) and closer to MJ for those who think MJ is the best ever (I don't).  Anything that diminshes the Lakers is alright with me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I am rooting for the Spurs but have no hate for Lebron and never have. If the Heat win I will be happy for Ray Allen, coach Spolestra, and Birdman (because I lived in N.O.). The refs played absolutley NO PART WHATSOEVER in the Spurs loss last night. Pop was a complete bonehead for not benching Ginobli much earlier, not calling time out at the end, and obviously for taking Duncan out. Absolutely no "bailout" foul on the Ginobli drive/travel and how could you EVER call a foul on the incredible ALL BALL block by Bosh at the end. Calls like that should never be made especially at the end of a game. Stop whining about the refs. The Spurs screwed up big time and I predict a solid 20 point win for the Heat in game 7.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Its too bad the Spurs gagged in the final minute, including their coach. Game was theirs but about 6 or 7 things went wrong in the final 50 seconds, hard to imagine.

I loved Lebrons turnovers down the stretch and his brick 3pt attempt in the final 28 secs but he got a second chance and nailed a 3. Bosh made big plays blocking shots and getting the big board. Ray was the undisputed hero.

Can the Spurs recover from this, who knows. If they dont, game 6 will haunt them forever... and Pops refusal to sit down a putrid excuse of a player last night in Ginobili coupled with his decisions in the final 20 secs will likely knock him down a few pegs on the best coaches around list.  Maybe he'll drop his attitude in press conferences too now that hes embarrassed himself.

btw, I really didnt think Manu was fouled on that drive. If anything, he took 3 giant steps and got away with it. Ray just made another big play stripping the ball.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

If someone is whining about the refs after this match is clearly a miami hater. Remember, this was a home game for Miami and all 50-50 calls went for the Spurs besides the last strip of Ray against Ginobili. And this was clearly a no call the way the entire games was whistled and could also have been a travel.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]

1.  I lived there years ago -- I get it

2.  I admire Ray Allen.  Would love to see him go out with a title and dignity. (As I hope PP does)  -- He had his dignity when DA offered him more guaranteed money and a no trade and RA turned down arguably his 'hometown team' and a place where he already won a title to come off the bench and chase another title because of his ego. IMO any bad karma when someone gets greedy is somewhat deserved.

3.  I like Lebron. For alot of reasons. I don't buy into the negativity of his leaving Cleveland (as I don't buy into the negativity of Allen leaving the Celtics).  Its about business and personal goals.  -- Don't fault him for leaving Cleveland but do fault him for claiming they will win multiple titles and despise his crying for fouls when he plays like a bull in a china shop.

4.  I like Duane Wade.  Never did anything to upset or annoy me.  Amazing athlete. -- Like him off the court but think he is dirty on the court and think he has a split personality and thuggish demeanor much like Isiah Thomas did.

5.  I always root for an Eastern team over a Western team -- Agree unless the Eastern Conf team is made up of a bunch of tools.

6.  I hate Texas and everything to do with Texas.  SA is in Texas. -- Sounds like this could be based on some personal experience.

Sections
Shortcuts