Anyone else kinda glad to see Ray lose his 3 pointers record?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Anyone else kinda glad to see Ray lose his 3 pointers record?

I know he got it in 2008, but his 0-8 in game 3 of the 2010 finals was the first of a series of bad breaks that cost us #18.

Sure, Artest gave him a dirty charliehorse that killed his rhythm, but 0-8?? He was 0-2 in the last 3:17 seconds when both times the C's had crazy momentum, the crowd was ready to explode (I know, I was there) and the team was down 4. If ONE of those 3's goes in it was enough in my opinion to propel the team to victory, banner 18 and for Ray, maybe an finals MVP and place in the rafters.

Instead Ray choked, LA was gifted a title over the next 4 games, and then Ray turned traitor.

Way to go Danny Green!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Anyone else kinda glad to see Ray lose his 3 pointers record?

Ray going 22-42 in '08 and then 12-41 in '10 was a HUGE reason we lost that series.

Must be hard going 12-41 when you went 8-11 in one game alone. Oh wait, you went 4-30 in the other 6 games!!!!!!

Thanks Ray, 4-30 over 6 NBA finals games... there's the 'greatest three point shooter in NBA history' for you.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

RayRay is a well-earned future 1st ballot HOFer. Danny Green is not.

Bitterness will only make you small...  just like your buddy, FUNGUS.

Deal with it.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

It is fun to watch Ray lose.

I hope it continues.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am a Ray hater now.  I admit it.  Rameakap lays it out well. Ray choked in 2010.  He left ironically being called out as disloyal by his coach Doc Rivers.  How amazing one year later Doc does the same thing under contract the next year.

I believe at this point and I am against it that the Celtics will cave,  the idea that Doc is not coming back any way is going to make them take the deal.  Jordan will stink it up though  and everyone will be sick that KG is gone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Don't care one way or the other about the 3 pt  record.  It would give me some small satisfaction if the Spurs took the series tho, but I think their chances are worse than ours were going into the last 2 in 2010.

Parker is one wrong move away from  sitting the rest of the series on  the bench and the heat usually bounce back good after a loss.

Game 6 predictions anyone?

I'll go with the Spurs 96-92, but my predictions all heart and no head.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

No , I'm not glad to see Ray Allen lose his 3 point record , and for the right price, I'd love to see him come back to Boston next season in place of Jason Terry.

The Heat never lose two games in a row.

They will win game 6 at home , probably blow out the Spurs

What a crappy series with all the blowouts....

And then they find themselves in game 7 , with a very good chance that Tony Parker's season will already be over.......and then what happens ?

Will you be glad to see Ray Allen get a ring with the Heat ?

I think it would be great to see Ray Allen get another ring. He left a lot of money on the table leaving Boston....how do you not respect that ? And still, if he opts out when this series is over, I'd welcome him back with open arms (for the right price)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

I am a Ray hater now.  I admit it.  Rameakap lays it out well. Ray choked in 2010.  He left ironically being called out as disloyal by his coach Doc Rivers.  How amazing one year later Doc does the same thing under contract the next year.

I believe at this point and I am against it that the Celtics will cave,  the idea that Doc is not coming back any way is going to make them take the deal.  Jordan will stink it up though  and everyone will be sick that KG is gone.

Hello, KG is 37! It was great while it lasted. Why can't you move on?

Did you just become a fan in 2007??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Don't care one way or the other about the 3 pt  record.  It would give me some small satisfaction if the Spurs took the series tho, but I think their chances are worse than ours were going into the last 2 in 2010.

Parker is one wrong move away from  sitting the rest of the series on  the bench and the heat usually bounce back good after a loss.

Heat in 7. 102-95 miami for game 6.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Tony Allen, Kendrick Perkins, Al Jefferson, all welcome back, but Ray Allen not ever welcome back.

Also the proposed trade isn't going to be completed even though I would be happy if it was. Doc is a nice man and probably one of the best at designing plays out of a TO,but he is not the cats pajamas! So trading him for assets would be a plus, as for KG he is a diehard,heart of the team type of guy who is in his final years playing with the young fellas. I wish him well. PP if he wasn't making 15mil would be an excellent 6th man, he is also on the downside of his career and DA has to be concerned about the future of the Boston Celtics. DeAndre Jordan is just a defensive Center with little or no real value, Eric Bledsoe might be worth the trade all by himself. However it ain't happening.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Agree with you about the 3 point record.  I would also really like to see San Antonio win this series.  I believe they have a better chance of winning than the Celtics did in 2010.  I do predict that Miami will win game 6 but still give the Spurs a good chance of winning game 7.  The Heat have been very inconsistent and I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose game 7. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont think the 3 pt record is anything worthy of noting other than a mention.

Ray had a big game though setting another record with two 4pt plays... He played big and it looks like the Fungus once again didnt know what he was talking about.. Ray still can make a differrence

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from markp99. Show markp99's posts

Ray who?

Dead to me.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Did not honestly care about the 3 point record. However, glad Green is shooting so well. I care more about not seeing the Heat claim the title. I honestly don't want to see Ray win another ring. Can't respect how he left. I respect taking less money, but not how he left just to spite the Cs and win another ring with the proverbial favs. So I actually would love to see that ship sink in game 6 with a Spurs victory.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

In response to concord27's comment:

Hello, KG is 37! It was great while it lasted. Why can't you move on?

Did you just become a fan in 2007??

You want to compare next year's Garnett and Jordan stats?  You think for a second the overpaid Jordan will deliver anything of significance.  He makes more than Garnett.  Garnett is a great player still and Jordan is an inadequate player who can't play in crunchtime.   Why do you think the Clippers are so willing to dump Jordan?  He is an overpaid, irrelevant player they signed hoping he would improve, he didn't.  We lost our coach no matter what, but we need to get something back that we can use at least as an asset.  Jordan is a declining asset.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Was neither sad nor happy.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know he got it in 2008, but his 0-8 in game 3 of the 2010 finals was the first of a series of bad breaks that cost us #18.

Sure, Artest gave him a dirty charliehorse that killed his rhythm, but 0-8?? He was 0-2 in the last 3:17 seconds when both times the C's had crazy momentum, the crowd was ready to explode (I know, I was there) and the team was down 4. If ONE of those 3's goes in it was enough in my opinion to propel the team to victory, banner 18 and for Ray, maybe an finals MVP and place in the rafters.

Instead Ray choked, LA was gifted a title over the next 4 games, and then Ray turned traitor.

Way to go Danny Green!!!

======================================

I agree !!! We had a 13 point lead and despite the egregious difference in foul shots of 41-18 and just 21 in the 4th quarter, we could have won.  In the game he was 3/14 or 21% and in 3s he was 2/7 or 29%. If Ray had hit only 1 three in last few minutes we might have won #18.

Let him enjoy his ring with us and KG & PP, unless, of course, they get another if traded to the Clippers. Hmmm ??? Maybe Ray will influence a trade to join them and Doc too(HA!).   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Wow, so much hate here. What is wrong with you? Ray didn't complain during the season, went as a free agent, and left money on the table. Noting to hate about.

He shot horrible in 2010, but gave Kobe a big fight. What did KG or Rondo do in that game 7?

And by the way: Ray was great yesterday. He almost got the heat back in the game with his effort (not only shooting). If James doesn't make this stupid moving screen, Ray could have turned the game around with his three which was waved off.

Last thing: If anyone EVER again says that Lebron is better than MJ needs to be punished. Boris Diaw is killing Lebron one on one, it is embarassing to watch.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

RayRay is a well-earned future 1st ballot HOFer. Danny Green is not.

Bitterness will only make you small...  just like your buddy, FUNGUS.

Deal with it.

Pud

+2

Ray one of the classiest players in the NBA and one of the greatest shooters of all time. The Celtics wouldn't have won a championship if it wasn't for RA hitting huge shots.

The Ray haters here are jealous and immature.  I have no doubt that they will turn on PP, Garnett, Rondo and anyone esle who leaves for another team... pathetic and ignorant posters.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts