Anyone Else Notice How Peaceful and Civil the Board has Been The Last Couple Days?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Re: Anyone Else Notice How Peaceful and Civil the Board has Been The Last Couple Days?

In response to Karllost's comment:

I thought that Fierce was your hero, no? Laughing

And Karl, you always have a choice to ignore those threads, right?

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion but some things are getting old. Like "Rondo's garbage and isn't worthy of a sandwich in a trade", "We're rebuilding not tanking","The first thing in Karl's to-do list: bash Doc"  etc.

It is a preseason and everyone is bored here. That's why there so many irrelevant threads and zhyte throwing at each other Smile

You certainly seem to have  studied Fierces diatribes and echo them in your posts. However, the evidence  overwhelmingly points to fierce as the perpetrator and instigator of a great deal of the nonsense here. Just a simple review of opinions expressed on BDC makes this clear.

Yet somehow, your inabilility to glean this as a frequent member on this forum  is surprising... like I said, your hero

[/QUOTE]

I've never studied any of his diatribes. 

Again, Karl, you're resorting to a stupid "fierce is your hero" thing, you aren't trying to be "Peaceful and Civil" and after that you have something to say about other posters?

Like DrBoogibone said, it is a hypocrisy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Anyone Else Notice How Peaceful and Civil the Board has Been The Last Couple Days?

"But its totally UNNACCEPTABLE to attack, flame or bait the poster for expressing his/her opinion.  Attack the opinon if you disgree. "

I agree with you to a very large extent. 

But: there is a difference between expressing opinions and constantly pushing the same trollish propaganda. 

For example, I have very strong opinions on the Perkins trade (still think it was a huge mistake). But: I have continued ot shift a bit on my position on that trade based on how things have played out since then. I still think Jeff Green is soft and no better than the fourth best player on a championship level team, but I'm open to be proven wrong. He showed some real flashes late in season and somewhat in the playoffs.

But when people on this forum take on rigid positions, such as "Rondo sucks," ignoring new information, continuing to cite old stories (kicked off Olympic team) and falsehoods (drove Ray Allen out of town), and do so again, and again, and again, and ignore any new information that could alter their opinions, then there is no longer a discussion happening with open minds. Then it's trollish propoganda.

Another example: "We need a big/we need a big/we need a big/we need a big" - even though the Heat have won multiple championships without a true center, and it doesn't look like the western conference will be dominated by a dominant center either. That's new information to consider and think through. 

And once you are in here just with an axe to grind, again and again and again, then you are no longer sharing opinions but being a massive tool. And then you need to get called out. 

I think it's reasonable to expect folks in this forum will keep an open mind to positive and negative information. Example I am less positive on Rondo than I was a year ago. I took in new information. I don't appreciate closed minds and it's not something I respect, nor will I let it go as "that's my opinion." No - have a more informed opinion. Be more open minded. 

I am great with folks who disagree with me or anyone else here and enjoy the debates as long as it's a genuine effort to interact and learn and not a bunch of playground posturing.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"But its totally UNNACCEPTABLE to attack, flame or bait the poster for expressing his/her opinion.  Attack the opinon if you disgree. "

But: there is a difference between expressing opinions and constantly pushing the same trollish propaganda. 

For example, I have very strong opinions on the Perkins trade (still think it was a huge mistake). But: I have continued ot shift a bit on my position on that trade based on how things have played out since then. I still think Jeff Green is soft and no better than the fourth best player on a championship level team, but I'm open to be proven wrong. He showed some real flashes late in season and somewhat in the playoffs.

But when people on this forum take on rigid positions, such as "Rondo sucks," ignoring new information, continuing to cite old stories (kicked off Olympic team) and falsehoods (drove Ray Allen out of town), and do so again, and again, and again, and ignore any new information that could alter their opinions, then there is no longer a discussion happening with open minds. Then it's trollish propoganda.

Another example: "We need a big/we need a big/we need a big/we need a big" - even though the Heat have won multiple championships without a true center, and it doesn't look like the western conference will be dominated by a dominant center either. That's new information to consider and think through. 

And once you are in here just with an axe to grind, again and again and again, then you are no longer sharing opinions but being a massive tool. And then you need to get called out. 

I think it's reasonable to expect folks in this forum will keep an open mind to positive and negative information. Example I am less positive on Rondo than I was a year ago. I took in new information. I don't appreciate closed minds and it's not something I respect, nor will I let it go as "that's my opinion." No - have a more informed opinion. Be more open minded. 

I am great with folks who disagree with me or anyone else here and enjoy the debates as long as it's a genuine effort to interact and learn and not a bunch of playground posturing.

BTS from way downtown... Bang!!!Laughing

+3!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE  .....I too am a lifelong Dodger fan....by the name you can easily tell who my favorite player was....also love the Sox (and, of course, I'm a lifelong Yankee hater)

the Dodgers' top three of Kershaw, Grienke, and Ryu are looking pretty tough.....then mix in Puig, Ramirez & Co (can't wait for Kemp to get back)....this is a team no one will want to face...

Sox/Dodgers World Series....? ....win/win for me...!

Pretty good finish last night... wouldn't you say, THE DUKE?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUCd1EPUF9s

The "wild horse" on the rampage.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE......Pud, after a 30-42 start the Dodgers have gone 40-8.....the last team to match that record was the '42 Cardinals....23-3 since the all star break....coming from behind to win games....this team is peaking....!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE......Pud, after a 30-42 start the Dodgers have gone 40-8.....the last team to match that record was the '42 Cardinals....23-3 since the all star break....coming from behind to win games....this team is peaking....!

They are peaking with MKemp on the DL.... Hanley with a bad shoulder.

And Puig is getting a bad reputation for playing with too much arrogance/swagger. LOL!

Who else would dare stretch that weak grounder to shallow center into a double with the game on the line?

Who would dare try to stop him? Nobody in blue for darn sure.

Randy Newman's walk-off version of "I Love LA" has never sounded better.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Well, in terms of a trade that benefitted and elevated both teams dramatically, the Red Sox - Dodgers trade may be one of the best in baseball...especially if they meet in the WS!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Instant Classic! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

BTS from way downtown... Bang!!!Laughing

+3!

First, Fields4, your brief post DEFINES BTS's term "
    playground posturing", yet you seem to applaud BTS's attempt at condemning such behavior. Quite telling, I'd say. As for the Rondo debate, BTS.....It is not only regularly reported, but we all observe RR's less than mature demeanor, inexcuseable on court actions, and disruptive behavior to team chemistry with our own eyes. Then, we watch SC and NBA TV and it validates our suspicions about the guys unpredictability. The assumption that Rondo detractors are "ignoring new information" is just so weak. Provide visible evidence and noone can ignore it, but provide "new information", i.e. unsubstantiated words of encouragement and positive speculation and it is deemed WISHFUL THINKING that simply contradicts a plethora of historical evidence saying otherwise about Rondo. Watch the tape, guys............in the meantime, I will be awaiting more "new information" that is supposed to make me and everyone else feel better about who Rondo might be when he returns from his injury and to a brand new team with a first year coach and young impressionable core players. No posturing, just facts. Lets just hope that the Boston Celtics can fabricate enough value in the enigma known as Rajon Rondo so that a trade will happen. If you disagree, then I hold no ill will towards you. You just don't see the obvious........yet. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

You just don't see the obvious........yet. 

so rally, when do you reckon rondoids here will start seeing this obvious you refer to? you and your boy ian from SI were looking for a trade this summer. that turned out to be nothing more than wishful thinking drek by columnists and posters seeking attention. i'd say a greater likelihood is that IF our hero wants a celtics max contract, he'll have it.   

bp

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

so rally, when do you reckon rondoids here will start seeing this obvious you refer to? you and your boy ian from SI were looking for a trade this summer. that turned out to be nothing more than wishful thinking drek by columnists and posters seeking attention. i'd say a greater likelihood is that IF our hero wants a celtics max contract, he'll have it.   

bp

BP, first, ian is not my "boy", thanks. He simply provided an opinion that helped to move many "rondoids" as you call them, away from calling Rajon a TOP-3 PG, to a TOP-5 PG to now actually fighting to get folks to listen to them trying to squeeze him into a questionable TOP-10 PG. I am not looking for a trade in any time frame other than as soon as DA thinks its possible. The way I see it, DA is evaluating/ has evaluated the best course by considering where RR is in his recovery, what his perceived value is at this very moment, and how much risk/reward is there in allowing RR to take the floor and show who he now is as an NBA PG. To me, the possible outcomes are:

1.  DA finds a buyer who over values RR, believes in modern medicine, and is apathetic to his to his reputation as a malcontent because "a change of scenery will help him", and he is that "missing piece" for them. BUYER BEWARE! BUT, WE GOT A DEAL FOR YOU! 

2. DA allows RR to slowly rehab, show signs of comparable abilities to pre injury and sells to the highest bidder before he actually gets on the court for legit game action.

3. Rondo stays too long, hits the court and shows some sort of a loss in his dynamic abilities which he relies on so significantly as he WAS like Gumby on the floor with the ball in his hands. His game WAS all freakish speed and amazing agility. His D-game WAS ALREADY lacking and after an ACL, isn't likely to improve at all. Without superior outside shooting skill, and even slightly less agility Rondo 2.0 value could plummet following on court evaluations. Then we are stuck with him and his historically bad behavior and are left to pray he improves in more than just his mental and emotional states, but now his physical abilities too. 

4. RR heals, and returns in time to 100% of what he was before and plays on a new team with a young coach with more pressure than he has ever had on him since becoming a Celtic and now TEAM LEADER. We get the guy who went 20-23, 0-8 in his last 8-games of his last season as a healthy "Star PG". He had 2-HOFers and a supposed HOF coach in Doc, now gone. If thats the best case scenario you can really get to, then why would we keep him???

Bottom line, Rajon Rondo was not a superstar defender nor a superstar scorer. This means he was not a REAL Superstar. Very popular, Obviously. Superstar FOR REAL, not hardly. I would hate to be DA right now because he is damned if he does and damned if he don't. But to me, he is not as smart as I hope if he doesn't do it at all. Me, I say you had better trade the guy when you get what DA sees as a legit offer. What that is, NOBODY KNOWS. If RR had proven to have a great attitude and TEAM first mentality and style, then sure, he is worth the gamble to wait, just like D-Rose was. BUT do you really take that tact with who he is and what he has shown. I say no. Its called Risk Managment, Cutting your losses, Making lemonade outta lemons. I want what is best for my favorite team and I think cutting bait with RR ASAP is the best way to handle it. Lets see who DA agrees with. I'm not afraid to be wrong...........I absolutely don't believe that I am either. I understand Risk Managment and Risk vs. Reward and deal with it my present profession. This is an easy one for me! OH and as for a MAX contract from the BOSTON CELTICS??? FAHGETTABOUDITT!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

bp

BP, first, ian is not my "boy", thanks. He simply provided an opinion that helped to move many "rondoids" as you call them, away from calling Rajon a TOP-3 PG, to a TOP-5 PG to now actually fighting to get folks to listen to them trying to squeeze him into a questionable TOP-10 PG. I am not looking for a trade in any time frame other than as soon as DA thinks its possible. The way I see it, DA is evaluating/ has evaluated the best course by considering where RR is in his recovery, what his perceived value is at this very moment, and how much risk/reward is there in allowing RR to take the floor and show who he now is as an NBA PG. To me, the possible outcomes are:

1.  DA finds a buyer who over values RR, believes in modern medicine, and is apathetic to his to his reputation as a malcontent because "a change of scenery will help him", and he is that "missing piece" for them. BUYER BEWARE! BUT, WE GOT A DEAL FOR YOU! 

2. DA allows RR to slowly rehab, show signs of comparable abilities to pre injury and sells to the highest bidder before he actually gets on the court for legit game action.

3. Rondo stays too long, hits the court and shows some sort of a loss in his dynamic abilities which he relies on so significantly as he WAS like Gumby on the floor with the ball in his hands. His game WAS all freakish speed and amazing agility. His D-game WAS ALREADY lacking and after an ACL, isn't likely to improve at all. Without superior outside shooting skill, and even slightly less agility could cause Rondo 2.0 value to plummet following on court evaluations. Then we are stuck with him and his historically bad behavior and are left to pray he improves in more than just his mental and emotional states, but now his physical abilities too. 

4. RR heals, and returns in time to 100% of what he was before and plays on a new team with a young coach with more pressure than he has ever had on him since becoming a Celtic and now TEAM LEADER. We get the guy who went 20-23, 0-8 in his last 8-games of his last season as a healthy "Star PG". He had 2-HOFers and a supposed HOF coach in Doc, now gone. If thats the best case scenario you can really get to, then why would we keep him???

Bottom line, Rajon Rondo was not a superstar defender nor a superstar scorer. This means he was not a REAL Superstar. Very popular, Obviously. Superstar FOR REAL, not hardly. I would hate to be DA right now because he is damned if he does and damned if he don't. But to me, he is not as smart as I hope if he doesn't do it at all. Me, I say you had better trade the guy when you get what DA sees as a legit offer. What that is, NOBODY KNOWS. If RR had proven to have a great attitude and TEAM first mentality and style, then sure, he is worth the gamble to wait, just like D-Rose was. BUT do you really take that tact with who he is and what he has shown. I say no. Its called Risk Managment, Cutting your losses, Making lemonade outta lemons. I want what is best for my favorite team and I think cutting bait with RR ASAP is the best way to handle it. Lets see who DA agrees with. I'm not afraid to be wrong...........I absolutely don't believe that I am either. I understand Risk Managment and Risk vs. Reward and deal with it my present profession. This is an easy one for me! OH and as for a MAX contract from the BOSTON CELTICS??? FAHGETTABOUDITT!!!

Agree, agree, agree, AGREE!!!!! If he got his game together, If he learned to shoot the J well from 15 feet in, If he played with desire all the time, especially in man defense, IF, IF, IF!!!

Too many IF's to be called any kind of superstar...doesn't mean he CAN'T do it, it's just that he WON'T do it....it's why he will never make an Olympic team..NEVER!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.