Anyone Else Notice How Peaceful and Civil the Board has Been The Last Couple Days?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

Re: Anyone Else Notice How Peaceful and Civil the Board has Been The Last Couple Days?

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to Fields4's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"But its totally UNNACCEPTABLE to attack, flame or bait the poster for expressing his/her opinion.  Attack the opinon if you disgree. "

I agree with you to a very large extent. 

But: there is a difference between expressing opinions and constantly pushing the same trollish propaganda. 

For example, I have very strong opinions on the Perkins trade (still think it was a huge mistake). But: I have continued ot shift a bit on my position on that trade based on how things have played out since then. I still think Jeff Green is soft and no better than the fourth best player on a championship level team, but I'm open to be proven wrong. He showed some real flashes late in season and somewhat in the playoffs.

But when people on this forum take on rigid positions, such as "Rondo sucks," ignoring new information, continuing to cite old stories (kicked off Olympic team) and falsehoods (drove Ray Allen out of town), and do so again, and again, and again, and ignore any new information that could alter their opinions, then there is no longer a discussion happening with open minds. Then it's trollish propoganda.

Another example: "We need a big/we need a big/we need a big/we need a big" - even though the Heat have won multiple championships without a true center, and it doesn't look like the western conference will be dominated by a dominant center either. That's new information to consider and think through. 

And once you are in here just with an axe to grind, again and again and again, then you are no longer sharing opinions but being a massive tool. And then you need to get called out. 

I think it's reasonable to expect folks in this forum will keep an open mind to positive and negative information. Example I am less positive on Rondo than I was a year ago. I took in new information. I don't appreciate closed minds and it's not something I respect, nor will I let it go as "that's my opinion." No - have a more informed opinion. Be more open minded. 

I am great with folks who disagree with me or anyone else here and enjoy the debates as long as it's a genuine effort to interact and learn and not a bunch of playground posturing.

BTS from way downtown... Bang!!!Laughing

+3!

First, Fields4, your brief post DEFINES BTS's term "
    playground posturing", yet you seem to applaud BTS's attempt at condemning such behavior. Quite telling, I'd say. As for the Rondo debate, BTS.....It is not only regularly reported, but we all observe RR's less than mature demeanor, inexcuseable on court actions, and disruptive behavior to team chemistry with our own eyes. Then, we watch SC and NBA TV and it validates our suspicions about the guys unpredictability. The assumption that Rondo detractors are "ignoring new information" is just so weak. Provide visible evidence and noone can ignore it, but provide "new information", i.e. unsubstantiated words of encouragement and positive speculation and it is deemed WISHFUL THINKING that simply contradicts a plethora of historical evidence saying otherwise about Rondo. Watch the tape, guys............in the meantime, I will be awaiting more "new information" that is supposed to make me and everyone else feel better about who Rondo might be when he returns from his injury and to a brand new team with a first year coach and young impressionable core players. No posturing, just facts. Lets just hope that the Boston Celtics can fabricate enough value in the enigma known as Rajon Rondo so that a trade will happen. If you disagree, then I hold no ill will towards you. You just don't see the obvious........yet. 

Rally, i'm not debating with BTS, i'm expressing the agreement with his statements.Innocent You're nitpicking again. 

And if the best way to help the C's is Rondo's trade then i'll be all for it. But i don't want the C's to trade him just for the sake of making a trade, i want quality players (picks) in return!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Re: Anyone Else Notice How Peaceful and Civil the Board has Been The Last Couple Days?

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"But its totally UNNACCEPTABLE to attack, flame or bait the poster for expressing his/her opinion.  Attack the opinon if you disgree. "

I agree with you to a very large extent. 

But: there is a difference between expressing opinions and constantly pushing the same trollish propaganda. 

For example, I have very strong opinions on the Perkins trade (still think it was a huge mistake). But: I have continued ot shift a bit on my position on that trade based on how things have played out since then. I still think Jeff Green is soft and no better than the fourth best player on a championship level team, but I'm open to be proven wrong. He showed some real flashes late in season and somewhat in the playoffs.

But when people on this forum take on rigid positions, such as "Rondo sucks," ignoring new information, continuing to cite old stories (kicked off Olympic team) and falsehoods (drove Ray Allen out of town), and do so again, and again, and again, and ignore any new information that could alter their opinions, then there is no longer a discussion happening with open minds. Then it's trollish propoganda.

Another example: "We need a big/we need a big/we need a big/we need a big" - even though the Heat have won multiple championships without a true center, and it doesn't look like the western conference will be dominated by a dominant center either. That's new information to consider and think through. 

And once you are in here just with an axe to grind, again and again and again, then you are no longer sharing opinions but being a massive tool. And then you need to get called out. 

I think it's reasonable to expect folks in this forum will keep an open mind to positive and negative information. Example I am less positive on Rondo than I was a year ago. I took in new information. I don't appreciate closed minds and it's not something I respect, nor will I let it go as "that's my opinion." No - have a more informed opinion. Be more open minded. 

I am great with folks who disagree with me or anyone else here and enjoy the debates as long as it's a genuine effort to interact and learn and not a bunch of playground posturing.

BTS from way downtown... Bang!!!Laughing

+3!

First, Fields4, your brief post DEFINES BTS's term "
    playground posturing", yet you seem to applaud BTS's attempt at condemning such behavior. Quite telling, I'd say. As for the Rondo debate, BTS.....It is not only regularly reported, but we all observe RR's less than mature demeanor, inexcuseable on court actions, and disruptive behavior to team chemistry with our own eyes. Then, we watch SC and NBA TV and it validates our suspicions about the guys unpredictability. The assumption that Rondo detractors are "ignoring new information" is just so weak. Provide visible evidence and noone can ignore it, but provide "new information", i.e. unsubstantiated words of encouragement and positive speculation and it is deemed WISHFUL THINKING that simply contradicts a plethora of historical evidence saying otherwise about Rondo. Watch the tape, guys............in the meantime, I will be awaiting more "new information" that is supposed to make me and everyone else feel better about who Rondo might be when he returns from his injury and to a brand new team with a first year coach and young impressionable core players. No posturing, just facts. Lets just hope that the Boston Celtics can fabricate enough value in the enigma known as Rajon Rondo so that a trade will happen. If you disagree, then I hold no ill will towards you. You just don't see the obvious........yet. 

Rally, i'm not debating with BTS, i'm expressing the agreement with his statements.Innocent You're nitpicking again. 

And if the best way to help the C's is Rondo's trade then i'll be all for it. But i don't want the C's to trade him just for the sake of making a trade, i want quality players (picks) in return!

OK Fields, fair enough. BUT how do we determine what RR's true value is? Don't you see how we risk losing 100% of today's perceived value if he shows ANY ill effects upon return? His value before injury was pretty low already with a 20-23, 0-8 streak record at the time he tore the ACL. Shouldn't we consider that 75-cents on the $ a pretty good value based on recent performance and issues PLUS the injury? Stright business sense, right? I cant understand why so many here don't want to see the reality of this. Its like going to buy a car, it looks brand new but the CARFAX shows it was wrecked and in a flood but has since been fixed up to look new again and you say, "Well, i like it because it is a great car and looks fine. I'll pay your asking price." DAMN. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo's true value according to one team is Brandon Knight...

With all the swirl around Rondo being shopped around the past couple years, DA cant get anything good for him.  Dreams and fantasies of gettting a superstar in exchange for Rondo are just that..dreams... Time to wake up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Those wanting to "hold out" trading R9R until we get true value???

Or are against trading him just for the sake of trading him???

They are Rondonistas pure and simple... in circle the wagon desperate retreat.

That line of argument is dog whistle/code for.... please, please, please DA... Don't trade Rondo.... ever! We love him!...

... among those pretending to be open minded/reasonable/objective but really aren't, never have been... and never will be.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

OK Fields, fair enough. BUT how do we determine what RR's true value is? Don't you see how we risk losing 100% of today's perceived value if he shows ANY ill effects upon return? His value before injury was pretty low already with a 20-23, 0-8 streak record at the time he tore the ACL. Shouldn't we consider that 75-cents on the $ a pretty good value based on recent performance and issues PLUS the injury? Stright business sense, right? I cant understand why so many here don't want to see the reality of this. Its like going to buy a car, it looks brand new but the CARFAX shows it was wrecked and in a flood but has since been fixed up to look new again and you say, "Well, i like it because it is a great car and looks fine. I'll pay your asking price." DAMN. 

Yes, Rally, i know it's risky but i think it's more likely that Rondo's value will be more than Knight after he returns. I think if some GM wants to trade for Rondo, that GM won't take the 0-8 streak into consideration. Ainge is closer to a situation, he knows team doctor's opinion and it looks like he believes that Rondo will be ok so he waits for a good trade (if any trade is there). And value of Rondo who leads the league in assists and triple-doubles is much higher than Knight's value.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Yes, Rally, i know it's risky but i think it's more likely that Rondo's value will be more than Knight after he returns. I think if some GM wants to trade for Rondo, that GM won't take the 0-8 streak into consideration. Ainge is closer to a situation, he knows team doctor's opinion and it looks like he believes that Rondo will be ok so he waits for a good trade (if any trade is there). And value of Rondo who leads the league in assists and triple-doubles is much higher than Knight's value.

Fields, again, "I think" and "It looks like" do not provide any validity to your assumptions. See, i know the C's were a losing team with Rajon last year, he tore his ACL, and the C's went on to be a winning team for the remainder of the regular season.  Some say, "but Rondo would have made the difference in the playoffs". BULL TO THE SHIZZLE!  That is a guess, plain and simple, and it goes against the real time reality that we saw last season. Think, "Tiger will win 5-more majors!" Just because he's Tiger? NOPE! Even though his fans want him too and think he is still THE MAN, he aint!  KARL AND PUD, nor I and many others have ever hated Rajon, we just hate what he does to our Boston Celtics and really, you should too. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

It's hardly a "risk" that Rondo will not have a successfull recovery. The odds are even much more in favor of him coming back to form. ACL injures are not as serious as they once were. Here's a good read...http://ninjasports.net/acl-injury-still-career-ending/

Only 2 current NBA players (that I can think of) had ACL injuries that effected/shortened their career (within the last decade). Shawn Livingston and Michael Redd. But both of them had multiple ACL tears and/or a MCL as well. There's also Jason Williams who suffered 3 torn ligaments in his accident, if you want to include him.

Current NBA players that have suffered ACL tears and recovered fine. In some cases even came back better:

Al Harrington, Al Jefferson, Baron Davis, David West, Jamal Crawford, Corey Brewer, Bonzi Wells (not current), Kendrick Perkins, Kyle Lowry, and Tony Allen. to name some.

There's your CARFAX.

You can consider $0.75 on the dollar if you like. I'ld rather play the odds.

Do you have a link showing what Rajons' value was at during that 20-23 record that, according to you, he was the sole reason for? Just wondering since you say it was "pretty low" during that time period.

As a side note: He will show ill effects upon his return. They all do. There's a psychological recovery period as well. Just ask Chicago.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

Rats ... I had a feeling this post might "flush him out!"

My sincerest apologies to the entire board ...

U flushed me out.  Now if I had made a bet which I didn't , this would free me of all obligations according to one poster her.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Al Harrington, Al Jefferson, Baron Davis, David West, Jamal Crawford, Corey Brewer, Bonzi Wells (not current), Kendrick Perkins, Kyle Lowry, and Tony Allen. to name some.

I don't think ANY of the above came back stronger from ACL surgery, some maintenied their productivity.  Although Baron Davis's career was ended by his 2011 ACL.  For every player that was able to come back there are several whose careers were cut short.  Big guys have more trouble recovering because of the wieght.  New medical techniques certainly help and I think Rondo is young enough to recover just fine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I don't think ANY of the above came back stronger from ACL surgery, some maintenied their productivity.  Although Baron Davis's career was ended by his 2011 ACL.  For every player that was able to come back there are several whose careers were cut short.  Big guys have more trouble recovering because of the wieght.  New medical techniques certainly help and I think Rondo is young enough to recover just fine.

If you check out the link, it shows who's productivity increased after the injury. Baron Davis also had an ACL tear coming in from college I think it was. Or maybe it happened early in his pro career.  Here's the link again...http://ninjasports.net/acl-injury-still-career-ending/

Give me some names of the ones cut short. Within the last decade, give or take a year or two.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

I agree that Rondo will probably recover and return to play where he was before the injury...iof not right away then eventually....that's when they should get rid of him IF he refuses to do as he's told by the brass....if he desires to be a speed bump to progress, run over him ASAP....once he's back to health, someone will want him for the stretch run, some team that will be in the playoff hunt...which won't be the Celtics, that's a lead pipe cinch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

I agree that Rondo will probably recover and return to play where he was before the injury...iof not right away then eventually....that's when they should get rid of him IF he refuses to do as he's told by the brass....if he desires to be a speed bump to progress, run over him ASAP....once he's back to health, someone will want him for the stretch run, some team that will be in the playoff hunt...which won't be the Celtics, that's a lead pipe cinch.

Agreed. Though I hope that's not the case. Hopefully Rondo will mature into a very good leader for this franchise. Won't happen over night mind you, but I get the feeling that's what he wants too. But I'm most definetly not opposed to shipping him out if we get the right deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

With the loss of KG and Paul, the team will not be as successful.  This will cause many of the low basketball IQ bunch to go to other sites.  In the 20+ years we were weak, the board had seveal posters that were interested in the Celtics and allowed others to have an opinion without vile language directed at them because they might have had a different view.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I would like nothing more than having Rondo fully recover from his injury - and get his foul shot % up to at least .70 and develop an outside shot that opposition actually has to try to defend, instead of dropping off to DT someone else or plug the middle.  He also needs to project more mature leadership role.  

If he can't do that, which doesn't seem likely after 6 years of the same, then I hope he comes back healtlthy and we trade him for a good quality big man before next year.  A point guard that has no outside shot nor a fould shot, is a liability.   Irving, Rose, Parker, Wall, Paul, Curry, Lillard, etc. make their teams much more dangerous than a one dimentional assist queen. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

....etc. make their teams much more dangerous than a one dimentional assist queen.

is it not fair to say rondo is a once in a generation triple double waiting to happen? his last two games were. i think 3 of his last 7 games or so were. what the frig is one DIMENTIONAL about that? eldunker's being petulant again as he so often is want to do when the subject is rondo. 

bp

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The thread transitioned to Rondo by others, as posts often do.  He is a divisive character.  And as others express their admiration and support of Rondo, I express my negative opinion of Rondo. He does add emotion and energy to this board.  Thats OK.  Don't take it personally.   

Sections
Shortcuts