Anyone else on here excited to draft Gordon?!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Anyone else on here excited to draft Gordon?!

I started the year off all "NO MORE PF'S DANNY!!!"

And then I read Danny's been going to Arizona games scouting Gordon, and I was all " NO MORE POWER FORWARDS DANNY, STOP IT!"

And then I started watching Gordon and noticing that he's not just an athletic freak. He shoots pretty well from deep. He was the leading defender on one of the top defensive teams in the country. He has impecable footowork. He knows how to use his athleticism by taking the ball to the rim. He HUSTLES. He jumps face first for loose balls. He shows intensity. He runs the floor and his 7'0 wingspan is long enough to be an effective rim protector while playing the SF position. 

And now I'm all like, "Cool! Lets draft Wiggins, draft parker, draft Embiid but if we slip to 4-6 and others bite on Exum and Randle, I WANT GORDON!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Anyone else on here excited to draft Gordon?!

Not really. 4-6 I would take Smart, Harris, James Young (no lie),

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I completely disagree with that... jesus

Smart? Rondo is not being traded. Smart does not fit next to Rondo. Smart will slip to 8 or 9.

Harris, I can see that, but some drafts have him at 15-16 so I get the feeling he may slip as well, but I see it.

James Young showed he has some stones in the tourney, but he's still a tweener who falls asleep on defense. Stauskas looks more appealing to me. Both may be available in the low 20s or high teens.

Gordon is a step above. I also think he could fit on a team with Sully and KO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Smart? Rondo is not being traded. Smart does not fit next to Rondo. Smart will slip to 8 or 9.

Harris, I can see that, but some drafts have him at 15-16 so I get the feeling he may slip as well, but I see it.

James Young showed he has some stones in the tourney, but he's still a tweener who falls asleep on defense. Stauskas looks more appealing to me. Both may be available in the low 20s or high teens.

[/QUOTE]

Young goes top 15 easily. Harris top 10, Smart top 10.

Smart could replace Rondo if he leaves in FA 2015 or AB next season (6'4 225)

Harris easy SG replacement.

Young, reach, but Jeff Green successor or even a lengthy SG

all fill a need as Gordon doesnt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Young goes top 15 easily. Harris top 10, Smart top 10.

Smart could replace Rondo if he leaves in FA 2015 or AB next season (6'4 225)

Harris easy SG replacement.

Young, reach, but Jeff Green successor or even a lengthy SG

all fill a need as Gordon doesnt

[/QUOTE]

This isn't baseball. we aren't farming guys to replace Rondo. 

I agree that Smart is top10. Just not a priority for the Celtics. The PG position is really saturated right now in the NBA. DA wouldn't waste a pick on one when we have Rondo. 

I think Young might be something. Its like, either Young, Stauskas, Harris, Hood or LaVine will become a Thompson-type. I just know half will be busts.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

I agree that Smart is top10. Just not a priority for the Celtics. The PG position is really saturated right now in the NBA. DA wouldn't waste a pick on one when we have Rondo. 

I think Young might be something. Its like, either Young, Stauskas, Harris, Hood or LaVine will become a Thompson-type. I just know half will be busts.

[/QUOTE]

Smart could play SG, like I stated. he is 6'4 225. would be a fine SG

Young and Harris are way better than the rest imo. Staukus is okay... I hate Hood and Lavine is eh to me..

like Fierce said, this guy cant shoot FT's and has a lot of time needed to become Griffin 2.0... as in 3-4 years. like you said this isnt baseball.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Get guys who can shoot cause its hoops not gymnastics orDWTS

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I'm becoming very intrigued with Exum.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Give me Gordon. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Ive long advocated  drafting aaron gordon if we end up with 5th or 6th pick. I watch a lot of AU games. His ft shooting is abysmal. But other than that he is a good 2 way player. He can really defend and rebound, plays with a great motor, very good size for a 3/4 (can def play pf in a small ball lineup) and only being 18 he has plenty of time to get bigger and even stronger. Super athlete. He really plays within himself, doesnt force the issue. 

He is a gym rat so he will def put in the work to improve his shortcomings as  a shooter.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

If he's really a power forward, what is his size...we need athletic TOUGH, BIG, STRONG, doin' the dirty work PF's, not 6-8 or 6-9 ballerina's..we got one already, Green, and he sucks....220?  sounds small to me...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

My picks 4-6 would be Exum, Smart, Vohnleh, then Gordon.  My first call would be to the Twolves to see who they like.  I know Randle should be in there but I just can't stand his game.  I do think Smart can excell at the 2 BTW.  He is 2" taller and 25lbs heavier than AB.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Chad Ford gives projects Gordon as a hybrid Griffin/Kirilinko

Bill Simmons says he's Shawn Marion 2.0

and Danny Ainge is repeatedly scouting the kid

But they must be wrong b/c Fiercy says 'no thanks' and prefers MCDERMOTT... UGH!

Only a fool compares Griffin's sophmore season to Gordon's freshman one. Blake was 20 years and 3 months old when he was drafted. Gordon will be 18 years and 9 months old when he is. 

Blake dropped a 14/9  as a freshman, shot 58% from the line, didn't make a 3 point shot and had 8 points and 7 rebounds in a 30 point loss in the round of 32.

Gordon dropped a 12/8, made 16 of his 45 three pointers and had 8 points and 18 rebounds in a 1 point loss in the Elite 8. When Griffin was the same age Gordon was in the '14 NCAA tournament he had yet to play a single game at Oklahoma, having just completed his first 3 weeks of classes.

Enough said.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Smart could play SG, like I stated. he is 6'4 225. would be a fine SG

Young and Harris are way better than the rest imo. Staukus is okay... I hate Hood and Lavine is eh to me..

like Fierce said, this guy cant shoot FT's and has a lot of time needed to become Griffin 2.0... as in 3-4 years. like you said this isnt baseball.

[/QUOTE]

I like your comments always, and I respect your knowledge of the draft.  However, I respectfully disagree with this.    You cannot expect a kid who's played PG his entire life to play a new position in the NBA.  The converse is true as well.......AB cannot play the point, this has been proven.  And that, IMO, is easier to do.    Smart will be drafted as a future stud PG.  I maintain that if we take him it is the end of the Rondo era.

I'm intrigued by Exum, and I think Young's stock will rise.  I also like Staukas, but not in the top 5.

Don't like Gordon either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I like your comments always, and I respect your knowledge of the draft.  However, I respectfully disagree with this.    You cannot expect a kid who's played PG his entire life to play a new position in the NBA.  The converse is true as well.......AB cannot play the point, this has been proven.  And that, IMO, is easier to do.    Smart will be drafted as a future stud PG.  I maintain that if we take him it is the end of the Rondo era.

I'm intrigued by Exum, and I think Young's stock will rise.  I also like Staukas, but not in the top 5.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed you cant just switch a player to another spot, but I've seen OKSt play alot this season and I dont have any fancy stats for you on it but Markel Brown ran the point more often than not and Smart was the off guard. Just what I saw. the size is there to be a 2 and for him it would also mean less dribbling around and taking dumb shots. at the 2 he could get backscreens, cuts etc.. all that to open up his strength of going to the hole with authority.. is some cases, like AB, moving spots doesnt work. Smart plauys off-guard and could do it in the NBA

also for what's its worth... Smart was a SG in highschool, recruited as a SG, and like I said, played SG at OkSt. (he's #10 on the list: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2012/order/true)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ive long advocated  drafting aaron gordon if we end up with 5th or 6th pick. I watch a lot of AU games. His ft shooting is abysmal. But other than that he is a good 2 way player. He can really defend and rebound, plays with a great motor, very good size for a 3/4 (can def play pf in a small ball lineup) and only being 18 he has plenty of time to get bigger and even stronger. Super athlete. He really plays within himself, doesnt force the issue. 

He is a gym rat so he will def put in the work to improve his shortcomings as  a shooter.

and the cute girl is a ten except for the overbite...

[/QUOTE]

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My picks 4-6 would be Exum, Smart, Vohnleh, then Gordon.  My first call would be to the Twolves to see who they like.  I know Randle should be in there but I just can't stand his game.  I do think Smart can excell at the 2 BTW.  He is 2" taller and 25lbs heavier than AB.

[/QUOTE]

Right on With Smart. He can play both positions and give them more options on the court and for possible trades. Some other team will grab Randle. Let's hope the Cs are top 4 picking though. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed you cant just switch a player to another spot, but I've seen OKSt play alot this season and I dont have any fancy stats for you on it but Markel Brown ran the point more often than not and Smart was the off guard. Just what I saw. the size is there to be a 2 and for him it would also mean less dribbling around and taking dumb shots. at the 2 he could get backscreens, cuts etc.. all that to open up his strength of going to the hole with authority.. is some cases, like AB, moving spots doesnt work. Smart plauys off-guard and could do it in the NBA

also for what's its worth... Smart was a SG in highschool, recruited as a SG, and like I said, played SG at OkSt. (he's #10 on the list: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2012/order/true)

[/QUOTE]

That's what I've seen when watching Smart as well. He can play both guard positions, better ball handler, taller, more powerful than AB. Not a bad choice if they are in that 5-7 range. Let's hope they are top 4 though. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Blake Griffin averaged 22.7 ppg in college when we declared to enter the NBA.

Gordon just averaged 12.4 ppg in college.

Aaron Gordon is not even close to being Blake Griffin 2.0.

Just think if we got him..   We would have:

Sully-  Kevin Love of the East

KO-  Dirk 2.0

Gordon- Blake of the East

Green-  Worthyesque.

Now thats a  team!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts