Anyone SHOCKED that KG is finally injured with an old man's situation?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Anyone SHOCKED that KG is finally injured with an old man's situation?

I don't recall you predicting this ahead of time so saying "I told you so" now is especially tiresome. 

You're right we have no replacement for KG, but Chicago had no replacement for D. Rose and he is a young man. There is always a risk. Risk heightens with the age of your players but the risk is still there. 

There wasn't anything Ainge could have done to replace KG, too much of a unique talent and player. 

It's a tough break but the season ain't over by any means

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I don't recall you predicting this ahead of time so saying "I told you so" now is especially tiresome. 

You're right we have no replacement for KG, but Chicago had no replacement for D. Rose and he is a young man. There is always a risk. Risk heightens with the age of your players but the risk is still there. 

There wasn't anything Ainge could have done to replace KG, too much of a unique talent and player. 

she's 100% right. there have been no bigs giving Garnett relief on a consistant basis. Doc doesn't seem concerned about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to JG9000's comment:

she's 100% right. there have been no bigs giving Garnett relief on a consistant basis. Doc doesn't seem concerned about it.

! He is obviously concerned about it.

2. There is nothing he can do about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

We will see. It may be that KG has a case of Sternitis. When Pop decided not to play Duncan earlier this year the Spurs were fined. It could be that the injury is very minor and provides an excuse. Most players have some aches and pains this time of year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

You are right.  Not having an adequate backup for KG could influence winning games for the remainder of the season if KG is out for any length of time.  Hopefully, he won't be out too long and is healthy for the playoffs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

We will see. It may be that KG has a case of Sternitis. When Pop decided not to play Duncan earlier this year the Spurs were fined. It could be that the injury is very minor and provides an excuse. Most players have some aches and pains this time of year.

Re: KG's injury it is said to be a left adductor strain. The adductor muscle is located near the thigh area.

I've never heard of sternitis...presumptively, it's inflammation of the sternum involving the midline structures in the chest. It's not, as a rule, a cardiovascular problem per se.

Where did you hear/read KG had sternitis ?

Re: CommyContrarian's title that is is an old man's injury is pure hogwash. Many young athletes get pulls in their thighs and groin injuries !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Not shocked, but this is exactly the right time to get a minimal injury and some much-needed rest. Unless it completely unravels, it's kind of an ideal situation. 

The Miami game could be ugly, of course, but Wilcox and the pasty character from last night have shown some impressive basketball I.Q. so it will be fun to watch them. Wilcox especially. He is a quality player with impressive athleticism. He's probably been the surprise of the season. 

If Crawford can find the line between smart no-look passes that connect and awkward, embarrassing, trying-too-hard-to-be-cool stuff that he still does too often then he can also be a big help. I'm doubtful though. He should have found that line by now and has definitely not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

+ 100.   Its Danny who couldn't or didn't do anything about it.  We are where we are.   We will either have success with Pierce and KG or we won't but there simply are no players who avaialble who can do for us what they can.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

This is why it is so crucial that one of the three young BIGS step up and give the C's something NOW, THIS SEASON, AND DURING THIS SEASON's PLAYOFFS...

1. Fab Melo - your time is now, Ainge found a guy from Turkey a couple of seasons ago who was able to give the team 15 minutes a night. Fab Melo should be able to do the same , not next season, RIGHT NOW !

2. Shavlik Randolph - solid Duke guy with NBA experience and experience as a professional in the Chinese league. Your time is now Buddy , if you can't give the Celtics 15 minutes then it's time to go sell real estate or insurance, Dude is 28 , he is what he is and if he can't play 15 effective minutes every night then he needs to choose another line of work.

3. DJ White - same as above....DJ has professional experience, is in top physical shape, if he can't play 15 minutes a night, he doesn't belong on the roster.

THESE 3 GUYS ARE THE ONLY PLAYERS THE CELTICS HAVE TO CARRY THE BURDON FOR KG

WILCOX IS PERFECT FOR 20 MINUTES BUT ANY MORE THAN THAT AND THE GUY IS INJURY PRONE.

Celtics needed a big man in last summers draft, they needed to get one at the deadline, and they need one now.

ONE OF THE 3 BIGS ON THE CURRENT ROSTER NEEDS TO STEP UP MONDAY AND FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON, IF THEY CANNOT , THEY DON'T BELONG ON THE ROSTER NEXT SEASON.

CASE CLOSED.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Re: KG's injury it is said to be a left adductor strain. The adductor muscle is located near the thigh area.

I've never heard of sternitis...presumptively, it's inflammation of the sternum involving the midline structures in the chest. It's not, as a rule, a cardiovascular problem per se.

Re: CommyContrarian's title that is is an old man's injury is pure hogwash. Many young athletes get pulls in their thighs and groin injuries !!!

I guess I'll be the one to tell you, hrefer referring to commissioner stearn and not wanting to get fined for resting kg. he is saying the injury is dubious.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to chetgnat's comment:

Not shocked, but this is exactly the right time to get a minimal injury and some much-needed rest. Unless it completely unravels, it's kind of an ideal situation. 

The Miami game could be ugly, of course, but Wilcox and the pasty character from last night have shown some impressive basketball I.Q. so it will be fun to watch them. Wilcox especially. He is a quality player with impressive athleticism. He's probably been the surprise of the season. 

If Crawford can find the line between smart no-look passes that connect and awkward, embarrassing, trying-too-hard-to-be-cool stuff that he still does too often then he can also be a big help. I'm doubtful though. He should have found that line by now and has definitely not.

I think most of the people on this forum would take issue with this statement. We are all in this together and bigots need not apply. If I misunderstood your statement I hope you can clarify... For CC and the record..KG is not an old man nor is he a wimp. KG is probably the most dedicated and toughest player this league has ever seen! Pressure on him to come back too soon will only hurt the Celtics!..MO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

In response to chetgnat's comment:

I think most of the people on this forum would take issue with this statement. We are all in this together and bigots need not apply. If I misunderstood your statement I hope you can clarify... For CC and the record..KG is not an old man nor is he a wimp. KG is probably the most dedicated and toughest player this league has ever seen! Pressure on him to come back too soon will only hurt the Celtics!..MO

Don't care. get a sense of humor. hth. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Another dumb thread... KG been fairly healthy last 2 years and this injury is not an old man specific one...

I guess Rondo's injury was with a young mans situation... makes as much sense as the ridiculous title of this thread

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

This kind of stuff works both ways. I am an all for one and one for all person as far as bigotry is concerned. We can't joke about this anymore. I accept your answer as an apology to the forum and hope we can all agree to  disagree if need be. I hope the "pasty" one does as well as I observed last night. He is in fact one of us for now! Don't bring us down..bring us up!

Best,

Gary

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

?  David Stern-itis. He fined the Spurs for resting Duncan.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Another dumb thread... KG been fairly healthy last 2 years and this injury is not an old man specific one...

I guess Rondo's injury was with a young mans situation... makes as much sense as the ridiculous title of this thread

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

+1

I agree, a pulled muscle is minor.

There is a reason that KG spends little time above the rim. There are fewer injuries.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i'd go you one further- danny does not seem concerned about it either.  wearing KG out like an old shoe by providing zero back up support that DOC BLITHERS would USE is just unimaginable incompetence.  we HAD darko milicic.  doc would not play him.  we had steamer and danny would not re-sign him.  we COULD HAVE HAD birdman, who was not playing most of this season- a leaper who can eat 15-20 minutes a night and provide some shot blocking- danny did not / would not sign him.

and there have been others.  i'm not saying i'm a big fan of barnum and bailey tatted people like andersen, but isn't wearing KG totally out even worse than having to look at the birdman?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

i'd go you one further- danny does not seem concerned about it either.  wearing KG out like an old shoe by providing zero back up support that DOC BLITHERS would USE is just unimaginable incompetence.  we HAD darko milicic.  doc would not play him.  we had steamer and danny would not re-sign him.  we COULD HAVE HAD birdman, who was not playing most of this season- a leaper who can eat 15-20 minutes a night and provide some shot blocking- danny did not / would not sign him.

and there have been others.  i'm not saying i'm a big fan of barnum and bailey tatted people like andersen, but isn't wearing KG totally out even worse than having to look at the birdman?

Since the Heat are the team to beat, and they are not big oriented, are bigs really still necessary? Wilcox is an athletic big, and of course, KG is the most athletic big.

With the CBA and no other real options, Randoph and White were the only options.

It will be interesting to see how Jeff Green does against Lebron again.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

You are right.  Not having an adequate backup for KG could influence winning games for the remainder of the season if KG is out for any length of time.  Hopefully, he won't be out too long and is healthy for the playoffs. 

One has to wonder what the hell Danny was thinking about with the Celtics going into the playoffs without a bonafide center!