Anything for Celts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Anything for Celts

Is there anything left for the Celts to do except tank tank tank?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Re: Anything for Celts

Stepheson/Monroe ?????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to romneywins' comment:

Stepheson/Monroe ?????

i don't think so...think MLE type players and bi-annual....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsfan1984. Show Celticsfan1984's posts

Stepheson/Monroe ?????

I would love a S&T for Greg Monroe.  He would be a nice rebuilding piece for us.

Started watching the Celtics in 1984 when I was a kid, and have been a fan ever since...have watched them hoist four banners into the rafters in my time, and always cheering for more...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

i don't think so...think MLE type players and bi-annual....

Bingo!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

In response to Celticsfan1984's comment:

I would love a S&T for Greg Monroe.  He would be a nice rebuilding piece for us.

Started watching the Celtics in 1984 when I was a kid, and have been a fan ever since...have watched them hoist four banners into the rafters in my time, and always cheering for more...

Only way that works is if the Pistons would take back Green and Bass.

Celts are not in play for RFAs.

That's why I said Monroe, Hayward, and Parsons are all not possibilities.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsfan1984. Show Celticsfan1984's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:

Only way that works is if the Pistons would take back Green and Bass.

Celts are not in play for RFAs.

That's why I said Monroe, Hayward, and Parsons are all not possibilities.

What if they want a couple of these players back: AB, Green, Thornton, or Bass and pick(s).  If Danny engages aggressively and will throw a pick in, the Pistons may listen.  Do they want to pay Monroe big money when they have Drummond - possibly?  maybe?  I think a trade could happen, would just depend on how badly DA would want it with what he would be willing to include.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

What if they want a couple of these players back: AB, Green, Thornton, or Bass and pick(s).  If Danny engages aggressively and will throw a pick in, the Pistons may listen.  Do they want to pay Monroe big money when they have Drummond - possibly?  maybe?  I think a trade could happen, would just depend on how badly DA would want it with what he would be willing to include.  

Why would you trade your starting SF and PF for another PF?

PF is one of the strengths of the Celts.

And please don't tell me Monroe is a Center.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Stepheson/Monroe ?????

I suggest buying lots more booze because it's obvious that drinking heavily is all you do with these redonkulous trade proposals you keep coming up with...you're getting as obnoxious with your trade proposals as Commie "Mr. Jabro" C.  is with his nonsensical and twit-like meandering postings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsfan1984. Show Celticsfan1984's posts

Firece - to upgrade with long term pieces.  If we shipped off Green and AB (or Thornton/Bass), which most people feel are expendable in Boston and Green especially isn't the long term answer, why not go sign an up and coming big man?  Just because Monroe isn't a true Center in some people's eyes, it doesn't mean he wouldn't be a great inside piece.  Tim Duncan, Garnett, they aren't true centers but definitely improve a team.  My only comparison of those players to Monroe is to say that adding an up and coming PF would still be a great impact in my mind.  I am not suggesting Monroe plays like them or is as good as them.  Just that we would get better in the paint, even if he isn't a true Center.  There are great centers in FA and the draft next year to add to Monroe/Zeller.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from flashman. Show flashman's posts

I have watched NBA since Coozy. Super Stars are the only way to win! Wow, some one tell Miami that they beat the Spurs. Ball movement,defense and shot selection win games. If Super stars win why was Durant at home during the finals? You can kiss King James "HUTT" all you like. He knows that you need a TEAM to win!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

Because in fact he played a ton of time at center and is better than our PF we have now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

Because in fact he played a ton of time at center and is better than our PF we have now.

In fact, Monroe's better than any PF or C that we have right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsfan1984. Show Celticsfan1984's posts

In response to BrandBreaker8's comment:

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

In fact, Monroe's better than any PF or C that we have right now.

I agree.  He is a young building piece that we could lock up for 4-5 years in a S&T.  I hope Danny kicks the tires on something like this with Detroit. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Detriot only wants Rondo, so if you are willing to let Rondo go to get Monroe, that may work.  Monroe would be good for a tanking team because he fills up the stat sheet with empty stats, but can't help a team win at all. Is he worth $15 or 16 mill a year? Not at all.

He's young but has already hit his ceiling.  He is basically the big man version of Jeff Green. Some talent but tons of holes in his game, and he doesn't really care about basketball or winning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

Detriot only wants Rondo, so if you are willing to let Rondo go to get Monroe, that may work.  Monroe would be good for a tanking team because he fills up the stat sheet with empty stats, but can't help a team win at all. Is he worth $15 or 16 mill a year? Not at all.

He's young but has already hit his ceiling.  He is basically the big man version of Jeff Green. Some talent but tons of holes in his game, and he doesn't really care about basketball or winning.

Indy, Detroit, New York, and others want Rondo.  So yes we will get something for him.  Love just said he will sign with the Cavs even with Lebron not signing long term.  So tanking it is. Maybe we get lucky with it next year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to flashman's comment:

I have watched NBA since Coozy. Super Stars are the only way to win! Wow, some one tell Miami that they beat the Spurs. Ball movement,defense and shot selection win games. If Super stars win why was Durant at home during the finals? You can kiss King James "HUTT" all you like. He knows that you need a TEAM to win!

Ditto  very good post

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i continue to wonder, If Danny called Minnesota's office and said, " Look at what we have in picks and on our roster. You decide what combination it would take to get us Kevin Love." What would they say? How much would it really take? 

Im wondering how far apart the two sides are from getting a deal done.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celticsfan1984. Show Celticsfan1984's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

i continue to wonder, If Danny called Minnesota's office and said, " Look at what we have in picks and on our roster. You decide what combination it would take to get us Kevin Love." What would they say? How much would it really take? 

Im wondering how far apart the two sides are from getting a deal done.

Well, we keep hearing that DA and Flip have never really had serious discussions involving Love yet in different articles.  I would think that if we had what it took to get it done now, Flip would engage us.  Makes me think that only if he cannot get a Klay or Wiggins type high profile youngster, he will he then look to us to get whatever he could half way through next year when he loses Love for no compensation after the season.  He knows that as long as Rondo is on our roster, he can turn to us at any time this year.  Feels like we are in his back pocket if he wants us, at this point.

Sections
Shortcuts