Apology to Avery Bradley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Apology to Avery Bradley

I am 70 and listened and watched the Celts for 50+ years. Avery Bradley is the most improved player over a short period of time that I have ever seen.  He has provided a lift to the Celtics that could extend the big three careers by a couple of years.  His denense has been contageous and even Rondo just waves a few times a game at his man.  KG, Paul, and Avery are playing defnse and offense at such a high level at the present time that it has sent us from pretenders to contenders.  I never was excited about Tony Allen but this guy Bradley , if he stays healthy, is a game changer, HE MAKES THOSE AROUND HIM BETTER AND YOU CAN SEE THE GUY IMPROVING EVERY TRIP DOWN THE COURT.  While I am at it Danny Ainge with the signing of Avery and Steamer has found two guys that fit this team sooo goood.   I like doc but without the injuries we would have never seen much of either player.  Avery has motivated Rondo.  I have suggested for two years now that Ray off the bench at the 6 would be good for us and him.  With Avery, Bass, Rondo, and Steamer we are no longer a team that is too long in the tooth.  Sorry Avery, I was wrong, you are very good and can be great if you continue to work.
    ''

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Apology to Avery Bradley

I should say that I like Glen Davis and Brandon Bass, but I think that at this time Brandon fits much better with us, thanks Danny , for Steamer, Bradley, and  Bass and I would not be suprised if the new center(is it Holland) fits in.  We are lucky to have Danny Ainge, who has done a lot with not much.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

nice job, maryngary. you know a player's got something special going on when he is consistently making his teammates better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Maryngary,
    I made the same mistake on Bradley. Kudos for admitting it. The only difference I have with you is that Doc has been magnificient.  He stuck with his belief in Avery even when it appeared Moore was playing better earlier in the season.

Steamer is also a Doc and maybe even in KG supported improvement.

Whatever it is the Celtics are making a go of it and showing us how special they are.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

yes, great post thanks

I'll apologize to Bradley as well for not thinking he would be this good this soon and including him in many trade proposals weeks back

I still feel I always gave him high value as a future talent and wans't just 'tossing him in' when I suggested trading him, I'd always say things like 'Avery OR a '12 1st rd pick' giving him that value still... but yeah he has opened some eyes

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

To some peple here it was like passing on DeAndre Jordan for Giddens all over again... yet now Avery could be the 7th or 8th (best possible) player taken in '09, or at the very least the 14th or 15th best, with nobody taken after he was at 19 being able to be considered superior

Danny was hitting on guys in this range ever since he got here, Rondo, West, Tony Allen

Only Gerald and Giddens were busts... throwing in the steals Danny got in rd's 2 (Powe, Gomes, Baby) he's really a VERY good drafter

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

There should be a whole lot of Bradley apologies added to this post.....in Jan. there was a blog fest in getting rid of him. All he needed was time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

haha, im only HALF-guilty.

ive always said AB should play more. i said he isnt effective on offense but his d is too good to leave on the bench. nvr wanted to get rid of him.

so, altho i was wrong abt his offense, i DID want him around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Im guilty of no realizing how Good he would become.. I anticitpated a T Allen clone of sorts..which is not bad, but not this. What a find...Credit to Doc and Danny, they kept telling us how good this kid was in practice, but game situations are different.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Yea, include me in the list. I was frustrated by his game as of early.. The guy is the real deal and I think he is the first tweener Danny Ainge drafts that actually can play in the league.. The guy should be a lock for the C's and for the starting point in the years to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from craig2174. Show craig2174's posts

He was a beast in High school and was tlked about in the same breath as John Wall..While wall is a great player Bradley's D is 10 times that of Wall. Bradley can score also....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Never any doubt in my mind how good Bradley was.  I kept telling you guys.  Wait a minute. That a lie.   I may have bashed him a couple times but I knew his defense would keep him in the league a while.  His offense is getting pretty good. I like his 3 ball now.  I expect him to make two free throw every time he steps to the line.  Who would have thought?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Forum Post: Re: Bradley has been ballin. He posterized Durant tonight. at 2/23/2012 8:51 AM EST
    I liked AB right from the start although he had a long way to go to make it in the NBA. Seems Tommy expressed the same feelings. That Dunk over KD bridged a big gap in many fans minds I exoect. Avery has made insane improvement since last year and with a combination of RR, AB and Dooling or Moore our point guard situation will be set for some time to come. The intense pressure that Rondo(if he stays home on defense) and Bradley on the court at the same time can cause utter chaos with the resulting steals and fast break points. I say keep em both

I am never one to say I told you so. Just happy with the C's success at this point.

Best, Gary

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I always said AB could play just between his ankle injury in his rookie and the lockout this year was essentially his rookie year.  I said he was a player but probably not for us, I said that as a statement on Doc been DR Hook not ABs game. I mentioned him in a couple of trade scenarios again not for lack of talent I really didn't think he'd ever get real shot here and w/ his and the P OS JON we could have gotten some nice bigs with those 2 contracts.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

i've said all along i felt his peak potential was as a joe dumar clone. he can still potentially reach that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I supported him ( as did his coach and Heinson) on his D alone. I further wrote on these blogs that his shot would eventually fall, he was just nervous and therefore putting up air balls. I love it when he takes the spot away from his opponent when he is defending, you just don't see that t the NBA level. Stiemsma also wants to play, hungry, not the talent of AB but a contributor. Hollins d not want to mix it up, he ball watches on D, that ain't good, too bad cause they could use a third center.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

I never doubted Bradley's defensive game, but I didn't see him making this much progress at the other end of court. Not that he doesn't still have limitations, but the scoring is coming in an efficient manner, and within the confines of the offense, and just to be able to do that is a big step up from what he showed early on. It helps that he is surrounded by vets and a playmaking point guard, but in the NBA you still have to score your position and keep defenses honest and he is obviously very athletic and can clearly hang on a playoff team. At the very least he looks like a solid pro, but given his age who knows what the upside is... Stiemsma immediately showed that he could block shots and play long. The bonus is the kid works really hard and really chases down rebounds. Knocking down a few open jumpers and having the hands to catch balls being delivered to him for open dunks are just bonuses. And the fact that he can actually cover front line players without amassing fouls by the truckload is something many young big men cannot do in this league. Kudos to Danny and Doc for finding him and knowing how to bring him along. They desperately needed a backup center and he is just what you would want out of a guy in that slot. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Kudos to Boston Celtics for integrating the game of Bradley somehow Am not also a Bradley believer until recently when he was given a starting job at the sg position he wrec havoc on the opponent sg with his on the ball defense. Hopefully those of us who judged him immediately will not commit the same mistakes when he blunders in the near future. 
    By the way he is an entegral part of the last minute defense against the Hawks. We won not on offense but with suffocating defense.

"No Body Does it Better than the BOSTON CELTICS"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Mea Culpa night on this thread.
    I didn't see Bradley getting this good this quick either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I never said get rid of the dude but I saw him as at best a backup to Rondo, and not the best backup either. Though I always like his D. It was less I thought he was bad and more that I didn't see how such a small backcourt could work with Bradley as a small two guard who couldn't shoot. But his shooting has come along and while the backcourt is small it is working and should work against most teams. 

Bradley I apologize for underestimating you and I applaud you for proving me wrong. Credit to Doc for playing him which Doc is not always good at either. This is great stuff and gives the Celts a chance to do playoff damage.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Bradley? Did he play the Lakers when Boston got swept this current season?! How'd that work out for the kid?

Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Let's face it ladies and gents, when he first got here he didn't show much.  I think Danny and Doc wanted him to be a PG, which he isn't.  He also showed little scoring touch and looked to be undersized to play the 2.  I think we all hoped he'd develop as a combo guard at some point.  But this guy has put it together in a very short time, his development is nothing short of amazing.  He will get better and better as he matures.  I am as surprised as anyone just how fast he's turned into a relevant player on this squad.  I am one of many who thought he should've stayed in college for another year or two.  I was wr, wr, wr, wrong... 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Good post.  I was down on Bradley too, but he proved me wrong.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If you remember the scouting reports he has a 6' 7" wingspan which when combined with speed and instinct (hoops IQ) can be overwhelming to go against, his on ball pressure his just hellatious. The reasons I thought his jumper would start to fall are: 1) practice reports were that he could make shots with range, 2) he was just turned 20 and looked nervous as would be expected. Steals, layups, coaches/teammates confidence eventually he lost the nerves and started makin his shots. Hope I am wrong on Hollins cause they really could use a third 7' to make a playoff run. Reportedly, KG and Paul liked his game last summer in LA, so maybe there is a ray of hope.