APOLOGY TO RAY ALLEN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

APOLOGY TO RAY ALLEN

Apology to Avery Bradley? Come on, all the past ridicule and frustrations most of us had over this young guy are just normal for most young players starting it out in the league. But all the ridicule and disrespect that Ray Allen are getting from some people in this board is simply outrageous. The apology is to be accorded to Ray not to Avery who has still a lot to prove. Just can't stand the ridiculously unreasonable "pro-Avery, anti-Ray sentiment" developing among some people here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: APOLOGY TO RAY ALLEN

Well I will apologize to Ray.  It seems i have offended some posters by saying he lost a little class from a couple of his comments.  Now I didn't say that he still wasn't one of the classiest pros there are, (which I think he is)  but it appears I can't have a opinion on that without smoking dope.  So here you go.  I apologize Ray.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Most people aren't disrespecting Ray at all. They're simply saying with Bradley's D on the top line and Ray's O coming off the bench fresh and with the second squad, the C's are a much more balanced team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: APOLOGY TO RAY ALLEN:
    [QUOTE]Well I will apologize to Ray.  It seems i have offended some posters by saying he lost a little class from a couple of his comments.  Now I didn't say that he still wasn't one of the classiest pros there are, (which I think he is)  but it appears I can't have a opinion on that without smoking dope.  So here you go.  I apologize Ray.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

+1

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

In response to "Re: APOLOGY TO RAY ALLEN": [QUOTE]Most people aren't disrespecting Ray at all. They're simply saying with Bradley's D on the top line and Ray's O coming off the bench fresh and with the second squad, the C's are a much more balanced team. Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE] The disrespect is for criticizing Ray when he spoke his heart out that he is still uncomfortable with a non-starter role. The disrespect is when some people here, prior to this recent great run by the Cs, have long been calling for lesser minutes for Ray, how allegedly washed-out he already is, and so forth.. I spoke to many fans of other teams which this current Cs have faced in the Playoffs. And most of them will tell you that it's Ray Allen who gives them the most chill whenever a shot is released. That is respect. Unfortunately, in his own backyard, he gets the opposite.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: APOLOGY TO RAY ALLEN": The disrespect is for criticizing Ray when he spoke his heart out that he is still uncomfortable with a non-starter role. The disrespect is when some people here, prior to this recent great run by the Cs, have long been calling for lesser minutes for Ray, how allegedly washed-out he already is, and so forth.. I spoke to many fans of other teams which this current Cs have faced in the Playoffs. And most of them will tell you that it's Ray Allen who gives them the most chill whenever a shot is released. That is respect. Unfortunately, in his own backyard, he gets the opposite.
    Posted by KenDNP[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point in a previous thread. Well said.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Well I will apologize to Ray.  It seems i have offended some posters by saying he lost a little class from a couple of his comments.  Now I didn't say that he still wasn't one of the classiest pros there are, (which I think he is)  but it appears I can't have a opinion on that without smoking dope.  So here you go.  I apologize Ray.

And I apologize to you if I said you were smoking dope just because I disagreed with your comment about Ray losing some of his class.   Perhaps I was the one overboard.

Man - we're all going to miss KG, Ray, and Paul when they finally are really done.  They are true Celtic players - classy, competitive, never give up, leaders, talented.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I wish I was smoking dope with Ray Allen right about now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

When Ray's in the game they run plays for him. Duh... But often this results in a forced jumper when the play doesn't materialize.

When Ray's out, Rondo's cracking the whip, exhorting his team to MOVE! The shot clock is not a factor.

With Avery, the team is in motion and we've seen the scoring go up despite the fact that Ray is the much better shooter. I like it.

It's a tribute to Ray that he seems to accept it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: APOLOGY TO RAY ALLEN : And I apologize to you if I said you were smoking dope just because I disagreed with your comment about Ray losing some of his class.   Perhaps I was the one overboard. Man - we're all going to miss KG, Ray, and Paul when they finally are really done.  They are true Celtic players - classy, competitive, never give up, leaders, talented.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

apology accepted.  Even with what I said he is still probably  top five classy people in the game.  Guess its hard on guys when they have lost a step.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I wish I was smoking dope with Ray Allen right about now.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

If they hadn't started drug testing at work i would probably still take a hit now and then.LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Most people aren't disrespecting Ray at all. They're simply saying with Bradley's D on the top line and Ray's O coming off the bench fresh and with the second squad, the C's are a much more balanced team.
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]

bingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]When Ray's in the game they run plays for him. Duh... But often this results in a forced jumper when the play doesn't materialize. When Ray's out, Rondo's cracking the whip, exhorting his team to MOVE!
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]

Where do you get that from? Since Ray is back he plays major minutes, still hits the jumper with high % and his +/- is very good. AB plays great ball but why do so many here think it can be either AB or Ray? Cannot both play great ball?

Ray plays some nice ball since he is back, on offense and even on defense. His other stats are also good (assists, rebounds, steals, TOs).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: APOLOGY TO RAY ALLEN : Where do you get that from? Since Ray is back he plays major minutes, still hits the jumper with high % and his +/- is very good. AB plays great ball but why do so many here think it can be either AB or Ray? Cannot both play great ball? Ray plays some nice ball since he is back, on offense and even on defense. His other stats are also good (assists, rebounds, steals, TOs).
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Don't put much stock in the plus minus stat.  KG was a minus 2 last nite against the heat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: APOLOGY TO RAY ALLEN : Don't put much stock in the plus minus stat.  KG was a minus 2 last nite against the heat.

For a game it might be a fluke. But it is a hint over a bigger sample. And: like said before, Rays overall stats are good (most of the time better than ABs). He is a much better ball handler than people make out of him, even his defense was good in the last games. He initiated the run against the 76ers in the second half and also helped to close the game. Same against Miami when they almost made a comeback. Even in his (shaky) first game back after the injury as a starter, the team fall behind when the second unit came in.

Overall: It is just not true that the offense is/was stagnant because of Ray. Seems like at the moment team is better with AB starting and Ray as sixth man.
    That is cause AB plays good as starter and Ray plays good as 6th man. Our bench was almost non existant earlier that season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: APOLOGY TO RAY ALLEN : Where do you get that from? Since Ray is back he plays major minutes, still hits the jumper with high % and his +/- is very good. AB plays great ball but why do so many here think it can be either AB or Ray? Cannot both play great ball? Ray plays some nice ball since he is back, on offense and even on defense. His other stats are also good (assists, rebounds, steals, TOs).
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

It's called umbunto. all for one one for all as with the Swordsmen. This team is the epitome of "team concept" The player and coaches are all on board = Team first = winning. Ray+ Bradley is 1+1=3

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: APOLOGY TO RAY ALLEN : That's certainly has proven to be true. My biggest fear is that Doc needs to play Stiemsma and Garnett together against the Bulls or the Lakers, and he won't do that.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

He played them together last night in Miami and in the previous game against Philly!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Why wouldn't he play them together against other teams as he (the coach) sees fit?

As Always,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: APOLOGY TO RAY ALLEN : And I apologize to you if I said you were smoking dope just because I disagreed with your comment about Ray losing some of his class.   Perhaps I was the one overboard. Man - we're all going to miss KG, Ray, and Paul when they finally are really done.  They are true Celtic players - classy, competitive, never give up, leaders, talented.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Amen to that last bit!

Sections
Shortcuts