Approaching the 1st Qtr of League Play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Approaching the 1st Qtr of League Play

Celtics:

16-4
    9-1 @ home
    7-3 away
    3-2 back to back
    7-2 vs teams with winning records (at this point)
    9-2 vs teams with losing records

Lakers:

14-6
    9-2 @ home
    5-4 away
    2-1 back to back
    2-4 vs teams with winning records
    12-2 vs teams with losing records

Advantage: Celtics

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Approaching the 1st Qtr of League Play

Once the easy part of the schedule for the Lakers was up (lotsa home games, few b2b) it showed in their record.

Celtics are the best team in the NBA when healthy. If they can get a stretch with everyone available for 30 games, will be pretty sight

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I agree Karl.....only injuries can stop this team......when healthy, the depth is unbelievable...if Perk comes back strong...and JON shows anything....two pretty big if's!! ....but....the interior size and depth should put us over the top.....nice start as usual....

2007  29-3  Championship
    2008  27-2  KG injury....still one game from the conference finals
    2009  23-5  Huge injuries lead to a .500 record the rest of the way...lost game
                    7 on the road in the final minutes of the Championship series
    2010  16-4  Still a long season ahead....

Go Celtics!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Approaching the 1st Qtr of League Play:
    [QUOTE]I agree Karl.....only injuries can stop this team......when healthy, the depth is unbelievable...if Perk comes back strong...and JON shows anything....two pretty big if's!! ....but....the interior size and depth should put us over the top.....nice start as usual.... 2007  29-3  Championship 2008  27-2  KG injury....still one game from the conference finals 2009  23-5  Huge injuries lead to a .500 record the rest of the way...lost game                 7 on the road in the final minutes of the Championship series 2010  16-4  Still a long season ahead.... Go Celtics!
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the current Celtics team.  We have to hope that Perk is at least 80% when he comes back.  Although, we definitely don't miss Perks technicals.  I haven't given up on Jon, but his recent history is that he is injured a lot.  I am still not sure if he was a good acquisition for this team.  Also agree that it is a long season and if the Celtics have any major injuries they could lose several games. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I'd gladly trade 20 losses for 12-men healthy roster 4-5 weeks before and into the playoffs.

AK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

In Response to Approaching the 1st Qtr of League Play:
    [QUOTE]Celtics: 16-4 9-1 @ home 7-3 away 3-2 back to back 7-2 vs teams with winning records (at this point) 9-2 vs teams with losing records Lakers: 14-6 9-2 @ home 5-4 away 2-1 back to back 2-4 vs teams with winning records 12-2 vs teams with losing records Advantage: Celtics
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

The Lakers are the most enigmatic team in the league. They have the ability to play at an extrememly high level when they want to but who are also at times known for playing at the level of their competition. Die-hard Laker fans accept it - we're not happy about it but we know what kind of team we have.

Let me give you an example, the last time the Lakers lost 4 in a row, that year they went to the finals. Last year they ended the season winning only 4 of their last 11 games. Do we worry about them sometimes, yeah but not this early in the season.

Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Approaching the 1st Qtr of League Play:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Approaching the 1st Qtr of League Play : The Lakers are the most enigmatic team in the league. They have the ability to play at an extrememly high level when they want to but who are also at times known for playing at the level of their competition. Die-hard Laker fans accept it - we're not happy about it but we know what kind of team we have. Let me give you an example, the last time the Lakers lost 4 in a row, that year they went to the finals. Last year they ended the season winning only 4 of their last 11 games. Do we worry about them sometimes, yeah but not this early in the season.
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

Heard an interesting stat on the LA radio station - you're gonna love it!!

In Jackson's 11 title-winning seasons, he has NEVER had a team lose 4 in a row!!

Sections
Shortcuts