April Means KG and Pierce Resting

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: April Means KG and Pierce Resting

Yeah, i figured they would get rest going into the last week..

I would too..give the newbies some time and rest for the vets...

KG and PP have to be 100% for us to have any chance of getting past the first round..

Its going to be a war this time...maybe catch Miami or NY sleeping...lol

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

April means KG and Pierce resting, and May means they can all rest!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If KG takes another week we could be an 8th seed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to dfuryrat's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Some here said the 4th seed was the most realistic.

Others didn't believe that the Celts would opt to sacrifice games just so KG and Pierce can rest.

Like I said, if the 3rd seed is not within reach, the Celts will do something like tonight. And like tonight means no KG and Pierce even if the Celts needed to get a win.

For Chr*st's Sake you said the Celts were within striking distance of the 3 hole not to long ago!  HaHaHaHa!

We didn't expect KG to be out either and the Knicks went on an eight game winning streak.  I thought your Lakers were moving up in the west.  Things happen to old teams. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Some posters said the Bucks couldn't catch us.  If we continue the way we are going then they will catch us.  We are one game up in the loss column.  Remember they have the tiebreaker over us. They catch us and we get the Heat in round one.  Many so called experts think that would be the best time to play the Heat.  I kind of think that way too.  That is if we are healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

WHo cares which seed at this point...  We play the Heat, Pacers or KNicks in the first round.. Assuming we're not gonna win a title, Id rather see a series vs the Heat before we get knocked off.

Its just sickening to see this team go through an amazing amount of injuries every year... what is it about the Boston Celtics that our players go down like flies in a Raid factory??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

If KG takes another week we could be an 8th seed.

Agree.  Definitely considering their current standings they may end up as the 8th seed.  They have to win most of their remaining games and avoid this.  It won't be good if they have to play Miami in the 1st round of the playoffs.   Although, considering their terrible road record this year, I am not sure that they can win any playoff series no matter who they play. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

WHo cares which seed at this point...  We play the Heat, Pacers or KNicks in the first round.. Assuming we're not gonna win a title, Id rather see a series vs the Heat before we get knocked off.

Its just sickening to see this team go through an amazing amount of injuries every year... what is it about the Boston Celtics that our players go down like flies in a Raid factory??

You are right.  It is unfortunate that they have so many injuries every year and it isn't just the older players that are injured.  Definitely a lot of bad luck the last few years.  Having success in any sport requires a healthy team and this does require a certain amount of luck. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

The injuries will likely help us in the long run. Nobody wanted to face the truth that without Rondo (our superstar) our chances declined dramatically. Every week that we can rest up KG & PP is another month onto their careers. We will be fully loaded next season with our role players having had some serious NBA experience under their belts.

It is crazy to think that possibly four of our 5 starters are currently out right now... says a lot about our bench.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

The injuries will likely help us in the long run. Nobody wanted to face the truth that without Rondo (our superstar) our chances declined dramatically. Every week that we can rest up KG & PP is another month onto their careers. We will be fully loaded next season with our role players having had some serious NBA experience under their belts.

It is crazy to think that possibly four of our 5 starters are currently out right now... says a lot about our bench.

What exactly does it say about our bench?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Some posters said the Bucks couldn't catch us.  If we continue the way we are going then they will catch us.  We are one game up in the loss column.  Remember they have the tiebreaker over us. They catch us and we get the Heat in round one.  Many so called experts think that would be the best time to play the Heat.  I kind of think that way too.  That is if we are healthy.

If the Bucks catch the Celts then that's on the Celts. Would the Celts have lost these many games if they didn't let Pierce and KG rest? No!

And again, if it's the Heat in the 1st round, it's a 1st round exit for the Celts.

Agree.  Neither one of them participated in shootaround today.  Are they both out for tonight's game?  It is definitely a possibility.  They will continue to lose most of their games for the remainder of the season without KG and Pierce.  If one of them plays they have a slightly better chance of winning.  When is KG going to be back? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

If the Bucks catch the Celts then that's on the Celts. Would the Celts have lost these many games if they didn't let Pierce and KG rest? No!

And again, if it's the Heat in the 1st round, it's a 1st round exit for the Celts.

Now thats going out on a limb to say the Heat will win their first round.  I would have to say I agree with you.  Doesn't matter who the 8th seed is,  I think the Heat will beat them. Actually I think the Heat will win the whole thing.  I don't see anyone beating them.  They will I think they win the championship being the worst rebounding team in the league.  Under 40 rebounds per game,  which I always said could happen.  You still  say the Spurs will win it all?   That was your earlier prediction.

Sections
Shortcuts