Are Celtics Better Without Rondo

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Are Celtics Better Without Rondo

No. Everyone rallied and stepped up Maybe they can do it consitently. But Rondo is a great player a four time all star.

Still this team has under achieved maybe  the injury can become a rallying cry. Where Terry and Barbosa and Lee and Bradley step up. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

we may be a better team without rondo. but knowing that sucks even more now that we cannot trade him for something we need. i thought lee and bradley played well in rondo's absence. terry still is underachieving. green needs more PT. maybe he'll get that now. the only thing that sucked about our small lineup late in the game is that we were getting killed on the glass without sully on the floor.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

No. Everyone rallied and stepped up Maybe they can do it consitently. But Rondo is a great player a four time all star.

Still this team has achieved maybe  the injury can become a rallying cry. Where Terry and Barbosa and Lee and Bradley step up. 

rondo is not a great player.  it's impossible to be a great player for your position where 80% FT's are the norm and basic competency at taking and making open jumpers are also the norm.  rondo does neither.  63% is not great.  the way he has anti-paced out team this year is not great.  his lackluster effort game to game, minute to minute on defense is not great.

he has GAMES where he is great, and he tries really hard to be great in the playoffs and sometimes it works, but NEVER ALL THE TIME.

and speaking of "greats"- name me some greats who sandbagged the regular season like rondo has thus far in his career?  i can't think of any. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

To all the Rondo haters and Rondo lovers, we will know for sure if the Celtics continue to win or this game is just an aberration.

However, if the Celtics continue to win without Rondo, we'd be in denial if we can't admit that the Celts are better without Rondo.

We'll know in the next 3 months.

thanks for the 20 IQ analysis fierce.  the DIFFERENCE between the celtics and most teams in the league, is that we have RARELY EVER carried a backup TRUE POINTGUARD.  including right now.

watch for the c's to pick up a true quasi decent backup pointguard.  pierce doing it with mirrors will not carry us far.  he's already tired from being played too many minutes, but the doc-beat goes on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

To all the Rondo haters and Rondo lovers, we will know for sure if the Celtics continue to win or this game is just an aberration.

However, if the Celtics continue to win without Rondo, we'd be in denial if we can't admit that the Celts are better without Rondo.

We've lost a piece..Rondo..  The team plays better without  him... much MUCH better defense, its so obvious it should embarrass Rondo and Doc (for letting it go on for years)

Even though we have nobody to bring us value in the absence of Rondo, I think we're gonna do better than where our record was yesterday.  So far 1-0.... what about the other games Rondo missed??

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

Still this team has achieved maybe  the injury can become a rallying cry. Where Terry and Barbosa and Lee and Bradley step up. 

rondo is not a great player.  it's impossible to be a great player for your position where 80% FT's are the norm and basic competency at taking and making open jumpers are also the norm.  rondo does neither.  63% is not great.  the way he has anti-paced out team this year is not great.  his lackluster effort game to game, minute to minute on defense is not great.

he has GAMES where he is great, and he tries really hard to be great in the playoffs and sometimes it works, but NEVER ALL THE TIME.

and speaking of "greats"- name me some greats who sandbagged the regular season like rondo has thus far in his career?  i can't think of any. 

You have no idea what you are talking about. I mean this is really silly. yes, he doesn't shoot free throws as well. He makes up for it in other ways.

Like leading the league in assists. See, many guards can't do that even if they shoot free throws. Many can't rebound as well at that postion either. 

Rondo can. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

hey the Celtics have under achieved. maybe terry starts stepping up maybe Green realized his potential. Maybe they do rally. I sure hope so.

Even if they do it doesn't make Acie and Dunker and karl's thoughts on the matter any less silly. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

20 IQ? Seriously?

You love to mock people while you have abnormal hands!

yes, seriously, you marched out a big sack of nothing.  the prudent person would sit back and realize that WE HAVE NO POINT GUARDS ON THIS TEAM and we NEED TO GET ONE.  not "we shall see if we continue to win or lose" to "show all the rondo lovers and haters"- SHOW THEM WHAT?!  so far it's "show them pierce can still fake being a point guard and get away with it now and then".  which ain't much and won't last.  pierce is to old to play everyman like he did in 2008 when rajon soiled himself in game 2 of the finals and was excused from class from there on out while the real men did the heavy lifting.

the celtics have been a fairly and STUPIDLY unique team in the league in that they have RARELY ever had a full season backup for rondo.  crazy sauce marbury and worn out cassell were playoff patches.  dooling was the closest thing to a backup pg we have had in years and he was not really a good PG.

in unrelated news, the celts just let shaun livingston go by the waivers board several weeks ago and he signed with...  someone.  we have done this time and again over the years.  livingston has been pretty healthy since his come back and has some skills.  danny has been throwing the dice year after year that rondo can play 40 minutes and nothing will happen to him.  and now he's caught with his pants down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

You have no idea what you are talking about. 

how so qui queg?  name me some great point guards who couldn't shoot the free throw and therefore avoided all dribble drives to draw fouls?  in the regular season that is.  you know, the time where players hone their craft for the playoffs?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

You have no idea what you are talking about. 

how so qui queg?  name me some great point guards who couldn't shoot the free throw and therefore avoided all dribble drives to draw fouls?  in the regular season that is.  you know, the time where players hone their craft for the playoffs?

Rondo. That's one. You see their are other ways to impact the game. There is a thing called rebounding which he does very well. Their is a thing called passing, which he does better than anyone in the league. There is a thing called scoring which he does third best on this team. 

Don't worry, I don't expect logic or reason to persuade you. 

Celtics without Rondo in the playoffs against heat two years ago done in 5

Celtics with Rondo last year Lost in last quarter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AaronWE. Show AaronWE's posts

Maybe we can trade Bass fro someone like Aaron Brooks or mid level point guard.  Bass is owed somewhere around 15 million bucks for this season and two more after that.  As for Brooks he is owed somewhere around 4.5 million for the rest of this season and next.  Just a thought I'm not saying it has to be Brooks but Bass is the best option to sell because Sullinger needs to play over Bass.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

We've lost a piece..Rondo..  The team plays better without  him... much MUCH better defense, its so obvious it should embarrass Rondo and Doc (for letting it go on for years)

Even though we have nobody to bring us value in the absence of Rondo, I think we're gonna do better than where our record was yesterday.  So far 1-0.... what about the other games Rondo missed??

I checked the last two years earlier this year and we were right at 66% wins when he doesn't play. That included playoffs.  PP was averaging 7 or 8 assists a game at that time. I am not saying were better without him but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't play better from here on out. I haven't looked but I would bet we got more fast break points than the heat today. We got back on defense pretty well.  You can deduct out of that whatever you want.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Just how good are the Celtics this season WITH Rondo??? You people act like we're 40-10 and the roof is caving in...

News Bulletin.. we've STUNK with ROndo playing for the Celtics... so now we should be concerned hes gone?? Wheres the downside??

I bet Rondo isnt even out all season... prob just a minor tear

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

thanks for the 20 IQ analysis fierce.  the DIFFERENCE between the celtics and most teams in the league, is that we have RARELY EVER carried a backup TRUE POINTGUARD.  including right now.

watch for the c's to pick up a true quasi decent backup pointguard.  pierce doing it with mirrors will not carry us far.  he's already tired from being played too many minutes, but the doc-beat goes on.

That is an insult to people with a 20 IQ. Clueless34 AKA Bandwagon34 AKA DebbieDowner34 only can wish to have a 20 IQ.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

I checked the last two years earlier this year and we were right at 66% wins when he doesn't play. That included playoffs.  PP was averaging 7 or 8 assists a game at that time. I am not saying were better without him but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't play better from here on out. I haven't looked but I would bet we got more fast break points than the heat today. We got back on defense pretty well.  You can deduct out of that whatever you want.

What other measure would you use to determine of the team is better/worse without Rondo???

Wins/loses sounds pretty good to me

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

BIG BIG Win against Miami...........Best game I have seen the Celtics play.......and it was without Rondo.........so the question is...........Are the Celtics better without Rondo?????

It is the best and the worst thing to happen to the Cs. Best because now it forces Doc to play players.  Worst because the Cs lost their best dribbler. This Cs team will do no worse without Rondo. We may actually see some players step up now cause they will be given a chance to perform nightly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

better or worse w/o rondo is up in the air, but I guarantee you that there are at least several players on the team who don't mind he's out. more touches, less being directed, just more fun playing the game....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

we are going to play better regardless bc we were underachieving. We still have guys that can win games for us.

But it doesnt matter, we are gunna blow it up. Danny is going to get pieces for the future now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

we are going to play better regardless bc we were underachieving. We still have guys that can win games for us.

But it doesnt matter, we are gunna blow it up. Danny is going to get pieces for the future now.

Already getting his excuses lined up LOL

Sections
Shortcuts