Are Celtics Better Without Rondo

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Are Celtics Better Without Rondo

If we start winning again and play with this intensity its possible there is only a minor trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to antiqueman1's comment:

In response to damfuno's comment:

BIG BIG Win against Miami...........Best game I have seen the Celtics play.......and it was without Rondo.........so the question is...........Are the Celtics better without Rondo?????

It is the best and the worst thing to happen to the Cs. Best because now it forces Doc to play players.  Worst because the Cs lost their best dribbler. This Cs team will do no worse without Rondo. We may actually see some players step up now cause they will be given a chance to perform nightly.

Now that I think about it, losing their best dribbler is a plus. Rondo perhaps dribbled too much.  Now the ball will be moved around more. More passing. Less indecisiveness. More distribution. More playing time for the bench guys. The only negative really is now he is not trade material.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Just how good are the Celtics this season WITH Rondo??? You people act like we're 40-10 and the roof is caving in...

News Bulletin.. we've STUNK with ROndo playing for the Celtics... so now we should be concerned hes gone?? Wheres the downside??

I bet Rondo isnt even out all season... prob just a minor tear

We stunk with Pierce playing for the Celtics. We've stunk with Garnett playing for the Celtics this year. We've stunk with Green playing for the Celtics this year. Seriously think before you speak. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Just how good are the Celtics this season WITH Rondo??? You people act like we're 40-10 and the roof is caving in...

News Bulletin.. we've STUNK with ROndo playing for the Celtics... so now we should be concerned hes gone?? Wheres the downside??

We stunk with Pierce playing for the Celtics. We've stunk with Garnett playing for the Celtics this year. We've stunk with Green playing for the Celtics this year. Seriously think before you speak. 

Thats my point...  we've stunk period so why the concern we lost Rondo??? Means it might be harder to inch over 500?  I think we're gonna play better, like today and all the other games on avg that Rondo has missed...

According to one poster here, we've won 66% of the games Rondo has missed... Guess thats not as good as sub 500..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Thats my point...  we've stunk period so why the concern we lost Rondo??? Means it might be harder to inch over 500?  I think we're gonna play better, like today and all the other games on avg that Rondo has missed...

According to one poster here, we've won 66% of the games Rondo has missed... Guess thats not as good as sub 500..

okay, that's fair. Sorry for the rudeness.. Our defense played better today, but lee and Bradley are excellent defenders. 

I think we are better with Rondo, but sometimes when an injury happpens other guys step up collectively. It can also be a rallying cry and we need something like that this season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I guess we are about to test that theory once and for all.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In the long run, we are better off w/o Rondo.

We play better team ball w/o Rondo.

Other players will have the opportunity to step forward and show what they can do. And they will.

We know what Rondo can do and it is not enough to get us above mediocrity. Others stepping forward may give us a better chance to compete on a high level... as we did today.

My regret is that as a franchise asset,  Rondo's trade value just took a serious hit. And when he comes back, likely a step slower, his game may very well suffer markedly since it depends so much on athleticism rather than skill.

Which gets us back to trade value.

Pud 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

For certain.

Especially is they sit Pierce.

A line up of KG, Sully, Green, Lee and Bradley is without a doubt one of the best in the NBA.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Oh my God that was funny.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

For certain.

A line up of KG, Sully, Green, Lee and Bradley is without a doubt one of the best in the NBA.

well, defensively i think that lineup is pretty good.

putting the ball in the net, on the other hand.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Are we a better team without Rondo?

No.

But we can still be good, if we play like we did today.

We ain't blowing it up,watch. Losing Rondo is horrible no doubt,but I think we crossed a big boundary today as far team trust with each other. I'm thinking that DA will give up tothe break before he tries to shut it down. Panicing and making deal right away is the worst thing we can do. Waiting and seeing who steps up and who doesn't and how things shake now would make sense long term even if we can't make the playoffs this year.

We have a month almost before the deadline,we have both PP and KG next year a year older but if it looks like we're not going anywhere in a month we can showcase them if they want to go and try to go to a contender they can if not they basically sit for the rest of the year and give it another go next. If the first happens we get 10 - 20 mil in cap room depending on who we take in and maybe even a 2nd lottery pick if we don't make the playoffs. If the latter happens we get a long look at all the players we have now that are in plans for the future and since we can't pay more than the minimum, we might find a diamond in the rough  or  like Gerald Green who screwed up his 1st shot but is a good role player for the Pacers.

I'm not going make a knee jerk painic move now ,no way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

For certain.

Celts are better off if they can get something for Pierce in a trade.

I agree 100 percent. this is the perfect time to trade pierce and hit the lotto.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Are we a better team without Rondo?

No.

But we can still be good, if we play like we did today.

We ain't blowing it up,watch. Losing Rondo is horrible no doubt,but I think we crossed a big boundary today as far team trust with each other. I'm thinking that DA will give up tothe break before he tries to shut it down. Panicing and making deal right away is the worst thing we can do. Waiting and seeing who steps up and who doesn't and how things shake now would make sense long term even if we can't make the playoffs this year.

We have a month almost before the deadline,we have both PP and KG next year a year older but if it looks like we're not going anywhere in a month we can showcase them if they want to go and try to go to a contender they can if not they basically sit for the rest of the year and give it another go next. If the first happens we get 10 - 20 mil in cap room depending on who we take in and maybe even a 2nd lottery pick if we don't make the playoffs. If the latter happens we get a long look at all the players we have now that are in plans for the future and since we can't pay more than the minimum, we might find a diamond in the rough  or  like Gerald Green who screwed up his 1st shot but is a good role player for the Pacers.

I'm not going make a knee jerk painic move now ,no way.

Why would it be panicking to try and build a strong team next year?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

acie

Why did you include the backup PG in the conversation?

The thread is about if the team is better off without Rondo. I'm just answering the question of the thread.

It seems that your brain is the total opposite of your hands. 

because most teams HAVE a backup point guard to go to when things like this happen.  we don't!!!  so saying that with NO BACKUP POINT GUARD AT ALL that "the fans will see" is ridiculous!!!

the only backup PG's of any consequence, lacking that it was, that we have had were playoff roster patches marbury and cassell.  did i miss one other?  what regular season backup PG's have we had?  dooling's PER assist rate was.. not really that of a point guard.

so it's not a comparison of "we shall see" it's a WE SHOULD GET SOME SORT OF A POINT GUARD ON THE ROSTER and then "we shall see".  right?  how can this be so elusive?  or do you think terry and bradley are point guard compatible?  i don't.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Like I said, if the Celts continue their winning ways without Rondo then it's very obvious the Celts are better off without him.

The best indicator is the win-loss record.

so you don't think we should have any sort of true point guard in rondo's stead to make your measurement of whether we are "better off without him"?

what team or sport ever measured "better off" like that??!! 

if a quarterback goes down, there's a back up quarterback, right?  you're saying we should just ignore that there is no quarterback and make a comparison of "with quarterback" and "without quarterback" as IF there was some sort of....  invisible (???!@##@#$#) quarterback there in the absence of the former starting one?

wowsers

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I like to see us get a ball handler for pressure situations

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

"Like I said, there must be something wrong with your brain"

Watch out, this svcker will f^ck-up a good thread.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

BIG BIG Win against Miami...........Best game I have seen the Celtics play.......and it was without Rondo.........so the question is...........Are the Celtics better without Rondo?????

It is the best and the worst thing to happen to the Cs. Best because now it forces Doc to play players.  Worst because the Cs lost their best dribbler. This Cs team will do no worse without Rondo. We may actually see some players step up now cause they will be given a chance to perform nightly.

Now that I think about it, losing their best dribbler is a plus. Rondo perhaps dribbled too much.  Now the ball will be moved around more. More passing. Less indecisiveness. More distribution. More playing time for the bench guys. The only negative really is now he is not trade material.

Best dribbler?? Really??

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

remains to be seen

time for the team  to up thier intensisty

FAB win today.

dirty wade  has foul called on him

WOW!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts