Are Celtics Better Without Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Re: Are Celtics Better Without Rondo

We are not better off losing a All Star point guard but we can do other things like move the roatation around we may be better on D with Lee and Bradley leading the way. I like idea of Dooling coming back and giving us a handler when we need to bring the ball up late in games.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

For certain.

Especially is they sit Pierce.

A line up of KG, Sully, Green, Lee and Bradley is without a doubt one of the best in the NBA.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Oh my God that was funny.

That line up was the bomb today. When we had Lee,AB,PP,JG and KG we looked damn good. If we could get PP and Green to play together like they did today I'll take my chances with the combos and liineups if we can play as we did today absolutely!  Wilcox made a brief appearence today,if he can give us 10 15 by a week or two. Melo comes up at the end of D league and doesn't have to play much. We sign a giuy like Bibby,B Davis or get lucky with A Dleaguer Like Steamer last year. Gloat all you want, but he laughs last laughs best. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

For certain.

Especially is they sit Pierce.

A line up of KG, Sully, Green, Lee and Bradley is without a doubt one of the best in the NBA.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Oh my God that was funny.

That line up was the bomb today. When we had Lee,AB,PP,JG and KG we looked damn good. If we could get PP and Green to play together like they did today I'll take my chances with the combos and liineups if we can play as we did today absolutely!  Wilcox made a brief appearence today,if he can give us 10 15 by a week or two. Melo comes up at the end of D league and doesn't have to play much. We sign a giuy like Bibby,B Davis or get lucky with A Dleaguer Like Steamer last year. Gloat all you want, but he laughs last laughs best. 

I am not sure what you are talking about. what am I "gloating" about? I don't think you know what the word "gloat" means. I am not happy about anyone's misfortune.

I am in fact laughing at people that think that line up is a winning line up in the NBA.

Because it isn't. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

To all the Rondo haters and Rondo lovers, we will know for sure if the Celtics continue to win or this game is just an aberration.

However, if the Celtics continue to win without Rondo, we'd be in denial if we can't admit that the Celts are better without Rondo.

We'll know in the next 3 months.

We've lost a piece..Rondo..  The team plays better without  him... much MUCH better defense, its so obvious it should embarrass Rondo and Doc (for letting it go on for years)

Even though we have nobody to bring us value in the absence of Rondo, I think we're gonna do better than where our record was yesterday.  So far 1-0.... what about the other games Rondo missed??

I checked the last two years earlier this year and we were right at 66% wins when he doesn't play. That included playoffs.  PP was averaging 7 or 8 assists a game at that time. I am not saying were better without him but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't play better from here on out. I haven't looked but I would bet we got more fast break points than the heat today. We got back on defense pretty well.  You can deduct out of that whatever you want.

Thank you for looking it up.   IMO, we'll be better for a short while but it will eventually catch up to us, especially in the playoffs.

Many will disagree with me, but I believe that how well Green plays, how well Pierce stops his foolish play, and how well Terry shoots is more important than Rondo in the regular season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

We'll see slick,we'll see who's right. We can go back and forth but, only time will tell. I think we stay the course, either way we can make this work for us w/o blowing up the team and improving our future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Like I said, there must be something wrong with your brain. The discussion is about if the Celts are better off without Rondo. This thread is not about the Celtics having or not having a backup PG. Get it?

pierce, there is a concept known as 'ceteris paribus'.

you need to acquaint yourself with it.

it means "all things being equal"

obviously in this case you will not have someone necessarily of rondo's point guard skill level, and in some skills may be better than rondo (it's likely)

but you cannot begin a comparison of a starting five WITH a point guard and then a starting five WITHOUT a point guard AT ALL to determine if the "team is or is not better off with rondo"?  it's a NULL comparison.

why can't you understand that?  your brain must be starving for nutrients.  seriously- do you expect the c's to operate the rest of the season with NO POINT GUARD AT ALL and just pretend that position doesn't exist?

the COMPARISON BEGINS at the point we get a back up point guard, right?!  otherwise you can't make the comparison.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

We'll see slick,we'll see who's right. We can go back and forth but, only time will tell. I think we stay the course, either way we can make this work for us w/o blowing up the team and improving our future.

What does "make this work" mean?

What do you think this current team can accomplish?

I am talking about winning championships, not going for the 7th seed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Look, only one team gonna win a title.. so people need to lower expectations.. Ya never know once the playoffs start, anything is possible..

Lebron could pull a hamstring or we can just get hot at the right time..

THing is, we will play better defense and a more inclusive offense imo.. In turn, more players will be dialed in cause they will be more part of the offense and  all 5 on defense likely dialed in more often as well

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

we will be better defensively and moving the ball..but thats about it. Scoring points will be a problem, as will grabbing rebounds (weird to say bc of a PG's absence.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Losing Rondo is a big blow.

There is no way the team will be better without him.  That fact will become glaringly obvious to even the biggest rondo haters in the next couple weeks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

we will be better defensively and moving the ball..but thats about it. Scoring points will be a problem, as will grabbing rebounds (weird to say bc of a PG's absence.)

Anyone who thinks for a moment we are better is insane.  The team could play well because defense will be paramount.  I wonder if it is possible we could get a guy like Barea or someone like that to play in spurts.  I think Terry will play better if that is any consolation but we just lost our best player.   Dream all you want the truth rondo complainers this is the worst injury we have had since Garnett in Utah in Feb. 2009.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

If the Cs make no moves then I believe they will be better without Rondo. Doc is now forced to use his players on the bench. And the more these players get to play, the more comfortable they become in the lineup, the more trust they develope with themselves and teammates.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

This season will end sooner without Rondo, not later.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Season was going nowhere fast with Rondo.. sub 500 record with him and getting worse.

Without him we have a great record.. why is that?? Oh right, just an abberation.

Now we move forward without anyone to replace Rondo... how horrible we're gonna be now losing the HOF and starting PG for the all-star team... yet, we just beat the NBA champs without him..

If we finish out the season without superman and wind up even at the same winning percentage as when Rondo was playing... well, wouldnt that tell some story,,,  how will you explain that????  I know, ignore the facts if they present themselves and just go with the Celtics are worse off without ROndo no matter what ..

I guess only winning an nba title will suffice... or will it

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to breaktime's comment:

I  guess we'll have to watch and learn.  This is going to be the rest of the season, not 4 or 5 games, that  Rondo is out.

Season was going nowhere fast with Rondo.. sub 500 record with him and getting worse.

Without him we have a great record.. why is that?? Oh right, just an abberation.

Now we move forward without anyone to replace Rondo... how horrible we're gonna be now losing the HOF and starting PG for the all-star team... yet, we just beat the NBA champs without him..

If we finish out the season without superman and wind up even at the same winning percentage as when Rondo was playing... well, wouldnt that tell some story,,,  how will you explain that????  I know, ignore the facts if they present themselves and just go with the Celtics are worse off without ROndo no matter what ..

I guess only winning an nba title will suffice... or will it

Rondo has only been out short stretches in the past, not as in this case, for the rest of the season.  Watch and learn as to whether the C's are better or worse when he is out for 40 consecutive games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

We are not better off losing a All Star point guard but we can do other things like move the roatation around we may be better on D with Lee and Bradley leading the way. I like idea of Dooling coming back and giving us a handler when we need to bring the ball up late in games.

Agree with you.  Anyone who thinks we will be better off without Rondo doesn't understand what he contributes to this team.  We may win a few games without him, but his contributions can't be replaced.  Definitely agree with you about maybe resigning Dooling.  He may be able to help this team for the remainder of the season.  Some have also mentioned Delonte West.  He may also be a short-term solution, despite his emotional/mental problems. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

In response to genaro008's comment:

Agree with you.  Anyone who thinks we will be better off without Rondo doesn't understand what he contributes to this team.  We may win a few games without him, but his contributions can't be replaced.  Definitely agree with you about maybe resigning Dooling.  He may be able to help this team for the remainder of the season.  Some have also mentioned Delonte West.  He may also be a short-term solution, despite his emotional/mental problems. 

Just what does Rondo contribute in your opinion?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to damfuno's comment:

History has shown that we have a better winning percentage when Rondo doesn't play by a  67% to 61% margin..........however that is only in short bursts (1 game to a week) absence........long term is yet to be seen..........however for the first time this year I really enjoyed watching the Celtics play yesterday........best game of the season for them as far as grit and grinding it out esp without our "AS PG"

I thoroughly enjoyed the game too. Win or lose, I enjoyed the game.

Celtic style tough-azz, grind it out, MANLY  basketball was back... against the reigning World Champs.

Like two heavy weights exchanging hay-makers.

What excitement. Only one would be standing at the end. And we were right there .... still on our feet, bloodied, proud and somehow vertical.

Best game of the year... win or lose. The outcome really didn't matter that much. (Oh hell yes it did. Who am I kidding?)

Shows that we can still compete when we put men on the court who have skin in the game and play fearlessly and unselfishly... because  it does matter how you play the game.

Who would have guessed?

This is the same roster that we were all excited about during the off-season... minus Darko and minus one other.  

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

History has shown that we have a better winning percentage when Rondo doesn't play by a  67% to 61% margin..........however that is only in short bursts (1 game to a week) absence........long term is yet to be seen..........however for the first time this year I really enjoyed watching the Celtics play yesterday........best game of the season for them as far as grit and grinding it out esp without our "AS PG"

Celtic style tough-azz, grind it out, MANLY  basketball was back... against the reigning World Champs.

What excitement. Only one would be standing at the end. And we were right there .... still on our feet, bloodied, proud and somehow vertical.

Best game of the year... win or lose. The outcome really didn't matter that much. (Oh hell yes it did. Who am I kidding?)

Shows that we can still compete when we put men on the court who have skin in the game and play fearlessly and unselfishly... because  it does matter how you play the game.

Who would have guessed?

This is the same roster that we were all excited about during the off-season... minus Darko and minus one other.  

Pud

So how do you think that team will do the rest of the year and in the playoffs?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Who would have guessed?

Pud

So how do you think that team will do the rest of the year and in the playoffs?

You know Snake,  I don't know how well we would fair, but all but one team is going to fail this year.  I personally enjoyed the ride last year when there were quite a few  bandwagon fans here who jumped ship, said we wouldn't make the playoffs.  I know you can't realistically expect this to happen every year but I think the next few games are important to see what we have.  I do believe or defense will be better.  Notice how few time the Heat got all the way to the rim yesterday, leaving us to contest their 3's?  If we put together a few good games who knows what DA will decide to do.  I hope he doesn't give players away for a marginal upgrade.  I would like to see a PG signed or traded for.  One guard I think would give us the opportunity to continue this year is Lowry.

I guess we can wait and see.  I for one am not ready to throw the towel yet, not to say you are. One thing we can't do now is panic and make a panic move.

Sections
Shortcuts