Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic?

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7754950/2012-nba-draft-austin-rivers-says-love-play-doc-rivers-boston-celtics

That would be awesome news for the Celtics!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic?

In Response to Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic?:

Austin is going to be drafted as a 2.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic?:
    In Response to Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Austin is going to be drafted as a 2.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Then it is Bradley that should be worried?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Well, I still think they will trade him this summer!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Then it is Bradley that should be worried?
    Posted by concord27

why? we know Docs philosophy, he doesnt start rookies and Austin Rivers isnt ready to start in the NBA yet anyways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Rondo might get traded in the off season.  Not for Austin Rivers though.  If Danny can net a lottery pick for him, he will do it.  Danny may try to work a deal with Sacramento.  They may be an ideal team to drop Rondo in the mix.  But then, it takes two to tango.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Rondo's days are not numbered. Austin Rivers will likely go in the top 10 which means the Celtics will not likely be drafting him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Rondo might get traded in the off season.  Not for Austin Rivers though.  If Danny can net a lottery pick for him, he will do it.  Danny may try to work a deal with Sacramento.  They may be an ideal team to drop Rondo in the mix.  But then, it takes two to tango.
    Posted by prakash

im not sure i understand peoples desire to dump players after this season..we are going to have plenty of cap space, wont need anymore of that. Danny could trade anyone on the roster, technically. Pierce, Rondo, Bass, Bradley, Pietrus, even Stiemsma, they all have value. but it would be kind of pointless to clean house when you can start over with a good young nucleus like them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : im not sure i understand peoples desire to dump players after this season..we are going to have plenty of cap space, wont need anymore of that. Danny could trade anyone on the roster, technically. Pierce, Rondo, Bass, Bradley, Pietrus, even Stiemsma, they all have value. but it would be kind of pointless to clean house when you can start over with a good young nucleus like them.
    Posted by JamezHill24

I would be surprised if Rondo was traded.  He wasn't traded this season and I don't understand why everyone thinks he will be traded next season.  I believe the only way that Rondo gets traded is in exchange for another point guard or an impact player that can help the Celtics rebuilding process. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : im not sure i understand peoples desire to dump players after this season..we are going to have plenty of cap space, wont need anymore of that. Danny could trade anyone on the roster, technically. Pierce, Rondo, Bass, Bradley, Pietrus, even Stiemsma, they all have value. but it would be kind of pointless to clean house when you can start over with a good young nucleus like them.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Agreed, Jamez.  Well said.

Rondo's days are numbered......at about 365 x 3 = 1095 (past the end of his current contract).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I'm not saying I want Rondo traded - I'm just saying he has the most trade value right now.  We have about 21 million in cap space, and two first round picks (actually FOUR of the first 47 picks!!)

For example - IF SAC offers Tyreke Evans and Cousins for Rondo (10% chance, I know), Danny would be foolish to not do that!!

I just think we need big - and if we need cap space..................then he CAN be traded.  Just my opinion!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

I'm not saying I want Rondo traded - I'm just saying he has the most trade value right now.  We have about 21 million in cap space, and two first round picks (actually FOUR of the first 47 picks!!) For example - IF SAC offers Tyreke Evans and Cousins for Rondo (10% chance, I know), Danny would be foolish to not do that!! I just think we need big - and if we need cap space..................then he CAN be traded.  Just my opinion!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Yes.  I also think that Rondo is an excellent player and I am not asking to dump him.  The point is, there can be a winning formula that does not include Rondo.  After all, in all these years, the Celts have won only one championship with Rondo.

So if Danny can get Tyreke Evans and Sacramento's 1st round draft pick for Rondo, would you make the trade?  I probably would.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo might get traded in the off season.  Not for Austin Rivers though.  If Danny can net a lottery pick for him, he will do it.  Danny may try to work a deal with Sacramento.  They may be an ideal team to drop Rondo in the mix.  But then, it takes two to tango.
    Posted by prakash[/                                                                                    Are you suggesting that Ainge would trade Rondo for a 10th or 11th pick?No way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Agreed, Jamez.  Well said. Rondo's days are numbered......at about 365 x 3 = 1095 (past the end of his current contract).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

As someone who thought half heartedly Rondo should be traded, any fair observer has to say Rondo is worth keeping.  We have to upgrade the team with other players. Bradley and Rondo appear to be a backcourt  that will be one of the best and most unique in the NBA. We need to bring some free agents and draft well.

Giving Oden a chance sounds wise as well.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : As someone who thought half heartedly Rondo should be traded, any fair observer has to say Rondo is worth keeping.  We have to upgrade the team with other players. Bradley and Rondo appear to be a backcourt  that will be one of the best and most unique in the NBA. We need to bring some free agents and draft well. Giving Oden a chance sounds wise as well.
    Posted by concord27

All this is based on the fact Rondo will keep his head on right and play consistently.  If he does not then we have to trade him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Did someone seriously write, "in all these years he's only won one championship." You must be teenager and grown up in the midst of Boston teams winning everything to make that statement.  After all how many rings do Dwight Howard, Lebron James, Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Deron Williams have...thats right.  ZERO.  That list could also include Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Allen Iverson but whatever...everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Rondo is one quarter of basketball away from 2 rings and if the C's weren't out shot at the FT line by 20 shots in the 3 and 4 quarter it would be his.  No bias just truth.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Signing D. Williams this summer gives the C's a shot a D. Howard (if he does not sign an extension). Danny still has an eye on the grand prize (D. Howard).

I am guessing Rondo is traded this summer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

His days are numbered just like any other player on the team!!! Oh, Austin want be wearing Cwltics green no time soon.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

people generally don't much care for things outside the norm. our pg is way outside the norm.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Did someone seriously write, "in all these years he's only won one championship." You must be teenager and grown up in the midst of Boston teams winning everything to make that statement.  After all how many rings do Dwight Howard, Lebron James, Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Deron Williams have...thats right.  ZERO.  That list could also include Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Allen Iverson but whatever...everyone is entitled to an opinion. Rondo is one quarter of basketball away from 2 rings and if the C's weren't out shot at the FT line by 20 shots in the 3 and 4 quarter it would be his.  No bias just truth.
    Posted by TuukkainNet

Yes, I did.   And if you read the post again with getting upset, you will get my point.

I am making the point that it is possible to create a winning formula without Rondo.  He is not indispensible.  So if Danny can get big returns from a team where he will fit perfectly, he should do it.  Sacramento may be the perfect trade partner of such nature.

Let me ask you, woud you trade Rondo for Tyreke Evans and Sacramento's 1st rounder?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Posted by JamezHill24

As well as AB has played with Rondo out and now Ray, imagine if we had traded Ray at the deadline and either got a high draft pick or a decent player now.  There is no denying our defense has gotten stronger and AB has learned how to play to his skill set.   No he isn't Ray but he gets a lot more layups than Ray and there is not comparison on defense.  Man Doc better bring Ray off the bench when he comes back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : As well as AB has played with Rondo out and now Ray, imagine if we had traded Ray at the deadline and either got a high draft pick or a decent player now.  There is no denying our defense has gotten stronger and AB has learned how to play to his skill set.   No he isn't Ray but he gets a lot more layups than Ray and there is not comparison on defense.  Man Doc better bring Ray off the bench when he comes back.
    Posted by OneOnOne

ive supported Doc throughout his tenure, but if Ray is in the starting lineup on Sunday i am going to be seriously, seriously dissapointing. its sad, but i pumped my fist wen i saw the tweet that Ray was out tonight. its not that i dont want him on the team, im just scared Doc is gunna mess up and put him back in the starting lineup.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Austin is going to be drafted as a 2.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Still think there is zero chance Austin is drafted by the Celtics?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : As well as AB has played with Rondo out and now Ray, imagine if we had traded Ray at the deadline and either got a high draft pick or a decent player now.  There is no denying our defense has gotten stronger and AB has learned how to play to his skill set.   No he isn't Ray but he gets a lot more layups than Ray and there is not comparison on defense.  Man Doc better bring Ray off the bench when he comes back.
    Posted by OneOnOne

AB will get better and better, he's not close to his Skill set yet!!

Sections
Shortcuts