Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic?

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic?:
    In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Don't be mad at me because DA has been trying to shop R9R for  reasons that no doubt confuse and trouble you deeply. Be mad at DA. Few see that much value  in R9R to jump at the chance to trade for him. Not my doing. So he's still here. Using your metaphor, R9R is "the turd that won't flush"..... DA is no doubt still thinking about pulling the lever when he can get reasonable value. That's the hard part. But on an easier note, you can flush me by  putting me on IGNORE.  Its really that simple. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

so youve talked to Danny personally, and know that he in fact has shopped Rondo hard? you know for a fact, and can provide a link that shows DANNY AINGE's words claiming that he has shopped Rajon Rondo? oh..you cant? bc i can show you 2 or 3 links showing danny in his own words saying he hasnt shopped him, he has listened to offers. 

if u choose to listen to the same analysts that claimed in numerous posts that in 07 KG to the Lakers was a done deal, suit yourself. 

the fact that you think noone sees value in Rajon Rondo is baffling and laughable...youve seen in the links all the teams that have called asking about Rajon..yet Danny hasnt pulled the trigger. if he REALLY wanted to get rid of the guy, he would have already. the "equal value" argument is stupid. there are 3 pg better than Rondo..why would the bulls trade rose? why would the clippers trade cp3? why would the nets trade d will when they thought they were getting dwight?

you make no sense..your hatred shines deep..ur not much diff then Fierce was prior to the trade deadline.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : As HUGE as you believe R9R has ALWAYS BEEN in the PO's what are we going for in 2011-12.... a Five-Peat? Help my memory. Pud  
    Posted by puddinpuddin

so bc we didnt win a championship those years it means Rondo didnt play extraordinarily? really? oh ok.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i tell you what...you can tell how selfish this kid is..you can tell how little the Celtics and winning mean to him just by watching this video..disgraceful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRadja. Show DRadja's posts

i tell you what...you can tell how selfish this kid is..you can tell how little the Celtics and winning mean to him just by watching this video..disgraceful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNpHqqbZHXw
    Posted by JamezHill24

Thanks for posting this.  Rondo is a special player that makes everyone around him better.  He is too unselfish to a fault. His offensive game was getting better this year but now he accepts being the facilitator.  GO RONDO!  With the big three coming to an end, we should concentrate on getting a  big scorers and finishers to take advantage of his playmaking ability.  Rondo is a building block.  The smartest and truest point in the league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" 'm not saying I want Rondo traded - I'm just saying he has the most trade value right now. "

You're right, but he also have a very friendly contract to keep on the books as well. I can't see how anyone can predict what Ainge will do with Rondo until we find out if KG and Ray resign and at what price, etc. I would think Ainge's first move is to go after free agents he can surround Rondo with rather than trade him. 

At any rate, for the OP: Austin Rivers is a 2 guard. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" Few see that much value  in R9R to jump at the chance to trade for him."

See you have this all wrong. Ainge isn't willing to trade Rondo for anyone except a high caliber big man or a point guard better than Rondo (Paul, Williams, etc on that short list). 

The reason Rondo hasn't been moved is that Ainge isn't willing to conduct a fire sale on a really good player, albeit one with some flaws. 

But then you're pud and you hate Rondo so you forget that he is actually good value on his current contract. 

By the way your buddy Dudder, also on my ignore list, let out some views on the Trayvon thread that were not, shall we say, very culturally sensitive. nice buddy you have there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

I predict Rondo will play his entire career as a Celtic and that his number will rise to the rafters beside Paul Pierce's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : so youve talked to Danny personally, and know that he in fact has shopped Rondo hard? you know for a fact, and can provide a link that shows DANNY AINGE's words claiming that he has shopped Rajon Rondo? oh..you cant? bc i can show you 2 or 3 links showing danny in his own words saying he hasnt shopped him, he has listened to offers.  if u choose to listen to the same analysts that claimed in numerous posts that in 07 KG to the Lakers was a done deal, suit yourself.  the fact that you think noone sees value in Rajon Rondo is baffling and laughable...youve seen in the links all the teams that have called asking about Rajon..yet Danny hasnt pulled the trigger. if he REALLY wanted to get rid of the guy, he would have already. the "equal value" argument is stupid. there are 3 pg better than Rondo..why would the bulls trade rose? why would the clippers trade cp3? why would the nets trade d will when they thought they were getting dwight? you make no sense..your hatred shines deep..ur not much diff then Fierce was prior to the trade deadline.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Jamez....

I remember when I was 12 or so, my first sports hero got traded. I thought I would die. But the sun came up the next day. And I cried my guts out and recovered.

And so it will with you and with R9R.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Jamez.... I remember when I was 12 or so, my first sports hero got traded. I thought I would die. But the sun came up the next day. And I cried my guts out and recovered. And so it will with you and with R9R. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

I predict Rondo will play his entire career as a Celtic and that his number will rise to the rafters beside Paul Pierce's.
    Posted by clappy

And as the nnuber 9 gets hoisted up you will still be able to hear PuddinHead swearin' that R9R should be traded. 

....and Dudder muttering to himself about free throws....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Hi, Thank you very much, JamLock! I'm so sick and tired of this "trade Rondo" "Rondo is horrible" "Rondo for Gasol or ..." BS. As if all those people think DA is senile, crazy or hell bound to destroy Celtics organization. I kind of understand Pud and Dud but what about others who say "I love Rondo", "He's a great player but he must be traded" What's wrong with them. AK
    Posted by sinus007

Thanks for the props for Rondo, whom I proclaim is "the best point guard in the Association, bar none."  Bob Cousy, in a recent interview, essentially said as much and expressed that it was nonsense to consider trading Rondo.  I've been a Celtics fan most of my life and I always expect them to win.  Do they always win?  No.  Am I disappointed when they lose?  Yes.  Are they the favorite to win this year?  Absolutely not!  Are they my favorite to win this year?  Absolutely always!  Will they win this year?  I sure as heck hope so and will pull for that result with all my heart and soul.  Will it make any difference what I think?  I sure as heck hope so.  Will I pull for them if they don't win it all this year?  Absolutely always until the day I die.

As Always,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Well they certainly aren't stupid. Rondo must go because he is an utterly undisciplined, self-centered, one-trick-pony stat-hound who puts himself above the team, going for individual glory despite team needs. Right now he is chasing SNash and his dimes have gone sky high while his shooting has plummeted to kindergarten levels. Who is he kidding? This is where R9R was headed last year before Perk got traded and Rondo fell apart... trying to redefine the PG position into a non-shooting position. Well he's back at it. Last 10 games, 14 dimes, 6 points and shooting way under 40% getting to the FT line hardly ever... and when he does.... 55%. His game is more skewed than ever. I bet I know how this story ends. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

NBA Finals MVP from the championship team!  Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?"  How'd you like the stat-hound, one-trick-pony today?  You might want to add Mr. Triple Double to your name-calling vernacular since it would be entirely appropriate.  How'd you like today's game?  Classic, wasn't it?

As Always,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Thanks for posting this.  Rondo is a special player that makes everyone around him better.  He is too unselfish to a fault. His offensive game was getting better this year but now he accepts being the facilitator.  GO RONDO!  With the big three coming to an end, we should concentrate on getting a  big scorers and finishers to take advantage of his playmaking ability.  Rondo is a building block.  The smartest and truest point in the league.
    Posted by DRadja

You said that so well.  All that I can add is Rondo is "the best point guard in the Association, bar none."

As Always,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Posted by clappy

Agreed.  I'm with you.

As Always,

Sections
Shortcuts