Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic?

In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : I would be surprised if Rondo was traded.  He wasn't traded this season and I don't understand why everyone thinks he will be traded next season.  I believe the only way that Rondo gets traded is in exchange for another point guard or an impact player that can help the Celtics rebuilding process. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Relax, Rondo's not going anywhere.  He's the Celtic's future and Danny ain't no fool.  Outside of a trade for the combination of lesser talents such as Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan and 3 or 4 first round draft picks, what's the point of trading "the best point guard in the Association, bar none"?  Tonight's game was splendid, don't you think?  Loved every second of it.  Rondo again displayed his penchant for giving his teammates the ball exactly when and where they need it to score with 17 assists, his 12th straight double-digit effort.  In a few minutes I'll probably rewind the DVR and watch every single one of those 17 assists again; and likely the rest of the game too!  What a wonderfully unique talent that the Celtics have signed for pennies on the dollar.  The future is most certainly bright with Rondo running the show and the Celtics might even shock a few of those haters and prognosticators who proclaim they will be one and done in the playoffs this year!!!  It's happened before and despite the odds it's plausible it can happen again.  I'll pull for that outcome rather than the gloom and doom forecasts every day, with every breath I take as I have since the 1968-69 season.  Good, bad or otherwise, I will remain one of the many loyal Celtics fan who proclaims...

As Always,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Agreed, Jamez.  Well said. Rondo's days are numbered......at about 365 x 3 = 1095 (past the end of his current contract).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Concur.  Very astute observation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? :  Still think there is zero chance Austin is drafted by the Celtics?
    Posted by KyCelt2[/QUOTE]

no, as suprised as i am, it seems that its not a certainty they dont take him. i was wrong there. and i think that would be a ridiculous future backcourt, Rondo and Austin? Avery would start untill AR was ready, of course. Austin is NOT nba ready rite now, but his potential is ridiculous.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Yes.  I also think that Rondo is an excellent player and I am not asking to dump him.  The point is, there can be a winning formula that does not include Rondo.  After all, in all these years, the Celts have won only one championship with Rondo. So if Danny can get Tyreke Evans and Sacramento's 1st round draft pick for Rondo, would you make the trade?  I probably would.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Tyreke Evans, D. Cousins, Marcus Thornton, and 4 or 5 first round picks might be an offer for Danny to consider, although the Celtics would probably still be getting the short end of the stick!

As Always,

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Yes, I did.   And if you read the post again with getting upset, you will get my point. I am making the point that it is possible to create a winning formula without Rondo.  He is not indispensible.  So if Danny can get big returns from a team where he will fit perfectly, he should do it.  Sacramento may be the perfect trade partner of such nature. Let me ask you, woud you trade Rondo for Tyreke Evans and Sacramento's 1st rounder?

I wouldn't trade him for Evans, Cousins, Thornton and 5 first round picks, but that's just my humble opinion.

As Always,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Be prepared to be disappointed. No way Doc has the guts to replace Ray in the starting lineup, even though it's obvious he should.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Agree that if Ray is playing on Sunday he will start.  As mentioned by many on this board he probably shouldn't be starting.  The Celtics have been a better team and winning more games without him as a starter. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Relax, Rondo's not going anywhere.  He's the Celtic's future and Danny ain't no fool.  Outside of a trade for the combination of lesser talents such as Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan and 3 or 4 first round draft picks, what's the point of trading "the best point guard in the Association, bar none"?  Tonight's game was splendid, don't you think?  Loved every second of it.  Rondo again displayed his penchant for giving his teammates the ball exactly when and where they need it to score with 17 assists, his 12th straight double-digit effort.  In a few minutes I'll probably rewind the DVR and watch every single one of those 17 assists again; and likely the rest of the game too!  What a wonderfully unique talent that the Celtics have signed for pennies on the dollar.  The future is most certainly bright with Rondo running the show and the Celtics might even shock a few of those haters and prognosticators who proclaim they will be one and done in the playoffs this year!!!  It's happened before and despite the odds it's plausible it can happen again.  I'll pull for that outcome rather than the gloom and doom forecasts every day, with every breath I take as I have since the 1968-69 season.  Good, bad or otherwise, I will remain one of the many loyal Celtics fan who proclaims... As Always,
    Posted by JamLock[/QUOTE]

Hi,
    Thank you very much, JamLock!
    I'm so sick and tired of this "trade Rondo" "Rondo is horrible" "Rondo for Gasol or ..." BS. As if all those people think DA is senile, crazy or hell bound to destroy Celtics organization.
    I kind of understand Pud and Dud but what about others who say "I love Rondo", "He's a great player but he must be traded" What's wrong with them.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Rondo might get traded in the off season.  Not for Austin Rivers though.  If Danny can net a lottery pick for him, he will do it.  Danny may try to work a deal with Sacramento.  They may be an ideal team to drop Rondo in the mix.  But then, it takes two to tango.
    Rondo for a lottery pick? I doubt it. Don't think I would do that, at least. I mean, even the #1 pick could turn out to be something like Greg Oden.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Hi, Thank you very much, JamLock! I'm so sick and tired of this "trade Rondo" "Rondo is horrible" "Rondo for Gasol or ..." BS. As if all those people think DA is senile, crazy or hell bound to destroy Celtics organization. I kind of understand Pud and Dud but what about others who say "I love Rondo", "He's a great player but he must be traded" What's wrong with them. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

Well they certainly aren't stupid.

Rondo must go because he is an utterly undisciplined, self-centered, one-trick-pony stat-hound who puts himself above the team, going for individual glory despite team needs.

Right now he is chasing SNash and his dimes have gone sky high while his shooting has plummeted to kindergarten levels. Who is he kidding?

This is where R9R was headed last year before Perk got traded and Rondo fell apart... trying to redefine the PG position into a non-shooting position.

Well he's back at it. Last 10 games, 14 dimes, 6 points and shooting way under 40% getting to the FT line hardly ever... and when he does.... 55%.

His game is more skewed than ever. I bet I know how this story ends.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Well they certainly aren't stupid. Rondo must go because he is an utterly undisciplined, self-centered, one-trick-pony stat-hound who puts himself above the team, going for individual glory despite team needs. Right now he is chasing SNash and his dimes have gone sky high while his shooting has plummeted to kindergarten levels. Who is he kidding? This is where R9R was headed last year before Perk got traded and Rondo fell apart... trying to redefine the PG position into a non-shooting position. Well he's back at it. Last 10 games, 14 dimes, 6 points and shooting way under 40% getting to the FT line hardly ever... and when he does.... 55%. His game is more skewed than ever. I bet I know how this story ends. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

self centered? yet he passes up shots all the time to get his teammates better ones. 

one trick pony? yet he leads the league BY FAR in triple-doubles.

puts himself above the team- its been documented all too many times that all Rondo cares about is winning, and after some of his biggest games he has been angry if he lost.

chasing steve nash...this is pathetic. i mean he is finding the guys open looks and they are connecting and hes having high assist counts. so what? would you rather him stop after a certain number bc they are getting too high? 

listen to urself..u said 14 apg like its no big deal and thats done every day..just bc he doesnst score alot u dont like his game. since he has started this high assist streak, we are 13-5. in most of the games that he has huge point games, it ends in a loss..so you prefer losses just bc the pg scores more?

come on man.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Well they certainly aren't stupid. Rondo must go because he is an utterly undisciplined, self-centered, one-trick-pony stat-hound who puts himself above the team, going for individual glory despite team needs. Right now he is chasing SNash and his dimes have gone sky high while his shooting has plummeted to kindergarten levels. Who is he kidding? This is where R9R was headed last year before Perk got traded and Rondo fell apart... trying to redefine the PG position into a non-shooting position. Well he's back at it. Last 10 games, 14 dimes, 6 points and shooting way under 40% getting to the FT line hardly ever... and when he does.... 55%. His game is more skewed than ever. I bet I know how this story ends. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]   This is truly a "Bizarro world" view of our all star PG...   Where Rondo's "stat-hound" behavior of pumping up his assists (of all things)  has led to the grievous sin of the Celts winning 7 of the last 10 games - thereby claiming the top spot in the Atlantic division (and a fourth seed in the playoffs if they can keep it up)  -  and wasting the "opportunity" to lose out the final 17 games to skip the playoffs and snag the all important 14th  pick of the upcoming draft.  Everyone knows a real "Bizarro Celtic" would willingly lay down and lose every game if the opportunity arose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Jingling Jack enough with the RR trade rumors. I all so would like to see Doc start RR and AB for defense for the first 6 minutes and get a  good tempo to start the game. RA would be nice for scoring for the second unit when he comes in. Do players really care if they are starters or not? I hope not. If you wear the uniform you do what ever it takes to help the team. Starter or non-starter. Tough schedule coming up and good D is going to be a must in the next 10 games and in the play-offs. Might as will start now Doc. in setting the 8 man rotation with GS, RA and MP off the bench (if healthy, the eighth will be tough w/o MP) now cause play-offs really start Sun.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Jingling Jack enough with the RR trade rumors. I all so would like to see Doc start RR and AB for defense for the first 6 minutes and get a  good tempo to start the game. RA would be nice for scoring for the second unit when he comes in. Do players really care if they are starters or not? I hope not. If you wear the uniform you do what ever it takes to help the team. Starter or non-starter. Tough schedule coming up and good D is going to be a must in the next 10 games and in the play-offs. Might as will start now Doc. in setting the 8 man rotation with GS, RA and MP off the bench (if healthy, the eighth will be tough w/o MP) now cause play-offs really start Sun.
    Posted by vertmont[/QUOTE]

players do care if they start, but they care even more if they are on the court at the end of the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? :   This is truly a "Bizarro world" view of our all star PG...   Where Rondo's "stat-hound" behavior of pumping up his assists (of all things)  has led to the grievous sin of the Celts winning 7 of the last 10 games - thereby claiming the top spot in the Atlantic division (and a fourth seed in the playoffs if they can keep it up)  -  and wasting the "opportunity" to lose out the final 17 games to skip the playoffs and snag the all important 14th  pick of the upcoming draft.  Everyone knows a real "Bizarro Celtic" would willingly lay down and lose every game if the opportunity arose.  
    Posted by videoburns[/QUOTE]

Wait until the PO's and R9R's outrageously skewed game comes back to haunt the team as it typically does.

That's why he must go... pumped up dime stats... aka Fool's gold.

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I think it s Rondo's make or break year. He needs to step up and show what he can do as the leader of this team.Especially in the play-offs, I think KG has been whispering in his ear lots of jewels of information. If it sticks, we have someone to build around for years to come. No need to trade the best guard tandem in NBA.
    You build around that with complimentary players that suit the system. I think he will step up and take it to another level. IF that jumper becomes steady, then there is no stopping this guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

[QUOTE]Did someone seriously write, "in all these years he's only won one championship." You must be teenager and grown up in the midst of Boston teams winning everything to make that statement.  After all how many rings do Dwight Howard, Lebron James, Steve Nash, Chris Paul, Deron Williams have...thats right.  ZERO.  That list could also include Charles Barkley, Karl Malone, John Stockton, Allen Iverson but whatever...everyone is entitled to an opinion. Rondo is one quarter of basketball away from 2 rings and if the C's weren't out shot at the FT line by 20 shots in the 3 and 4 quarter it would be his.  No bias just truth.
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]

As I've already posted, Boston's Ancient 3 and Rhondo are one and done. Don't believe it? Check out why that's the real truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_zTrgWkqcI

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]I think it s Rondo's make or break year. He needs to step up and show what he can do as the leader of this team.Especially in the play-offs, I think KG has been whispering in his ear lots of jewels of information. If it sticks, we have someone to build around for years to come. No need to trade the best guard tandem in NBA. You build around that with complimentary players that suit the system. I think he will step up and take it to another level. IF that jumper becomes steady, then there is no stopping this guy.
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Smile....best guard tandem in the NBA?   And this guard tandem has accomplished what?  They lost to Philly, beat the Bobcats, Wizards, Utah on the second night of a back to back on the road, and beat Minnesota without 3 of their top 4 players.  Now THAT makes them the best tandem in the nBA, huh? 

I sure hope we win tomorrow but wow, the hype around AB and Rondo has really gotten out of control.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Wait until the PO's and R9R's outrageously skewed game comes back to haunt the team as it typically does. That's why he must go... pumped up dime stats... aka Fool's gold. Pud

...your kidding right? Rondo has ALWAYS showed up big during the playoffs..dont u remember how we got to the finals in 2010? his series against the bulls in 09? his series against the Cavs and the Magic in 10? his series last yr against the Knicks?? 

i hope your memory isnt starting to fail you already..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : ...your kidding right? Rondo has ALWAYS showed up big during the playoffs..dont u remember how we got to the finals in 2010? his series against the bulls in 09? his series against the Cavs and the Magic in 10? his series last yr against the Knicks??  i hope your memory isnt starting to fail you already..
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

As HUGE as you believe R9R has ALWAYS BEEN in the PO's what are we going for in 2011-12.... a Five-Peat?

Help my memory.

Pud

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : Smile....best guard tandem in the NBA?   And this guard tandem has accomplished what?  They lost to Philly, beat the Bobcats, Wizards, Utah on the second night of a back to back on the road, and beat Minnesota without 3 of their top 4 players.  Now THAT makes them the best tandem in the nBA, huh?  I sure hope we win tomorrow but wow, the hype around AB and Rondo has really gotten out of control.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    When you consider that we still have Ray allen, Petrius coming back, yes, we have the best backcourt combination...defense, shooting, playmaking, its going to take all of it to deal with wade and co. and Bradley is still a pup, but growing by leaps and bounds..i don't think thats exagerating one bit. Rondo has already faced some of the best guards and looked superior to them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : As HUGE as you believe R9R has ALWAYS BEEN in the PO's what are we going for in 2011-12.... a Five-Peat? Help my memory. Pud  

pretty close to a four-peat actually...     

How many all star pick and finals appearances will it takes before you give up your inanene position on him and admit he's a top flight PG?   6 - 8- 10   or doesn't it matter.   When he is elected to the hall of fame will you still be deriding his talents?      I'm serious,    I expect even a hall of fame induction would fail to convince you... your opinion is that immune to fact.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? :     pretty close to a four-peat actually...            How many all star pick and finals appearances will it takes before you give up your inanene position on him and admit he's a top flight PG?   6 - 8- 10   or doesn't it matter.   When he is elected to the hall of fame will you still be deriding his talents?      I'm serious,    I expect even a hall of fame induction would fail to convince you... your opinion is that immune to fact.  

I'm sticking with my position... and I suspect that DA would agree with me too considering how hard he has tried to shop R9R.... and found no takers.

And that's a fact.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? : I'm sticking with my position... and I suspect that DA would agree with me too considering how hard he has tried to shop R9R.... and found no takers. And that's a fact. Pud
      Yes its a fact that you will stick with your position regardless of what happens on the court.    DA will keep Rondo now and not trade him away because of the extrordinary play he has seen...    If he does trade him for one of your preferable run of the mill PGs I will be forced ...  by the evidence to reevaluate my opinion...   But if Danny keeps Rondo you will simply heap derision on DA...   so arrogant you are that you think you know more about Bball and can make better decisions than DA....     and that attitude of yours ...  though not quite as obnoxious as in your comrad  "the turd that refuses to flush"   ..   is what I find so annoying about your posts.        

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are Rondo's day numbered as a Celtic? :   Yes its a fact that you will stick with your position regardless of what happens on the court.    DA will keep Rondo now and not trade him away because of the extrordinary play he has seen...    If he does trade him for one of your preferable run of the mill PGs I will be forced ...  by the evidence to reevaluate my opinion...   But if Danny keeps Rondo you will simply heap derision on DA...   so arrogant you are that you think you know more about Bball and can make better decisions than DA....     and that attitude of yours ...  though not quite as obnoxious as in your comrad  "the turd that refuses to flush"   ..   is what I find so annoying about your posts.        

Don't be mad at me because DA has been trying to shop R9R for  reasons that no doubt confuse and trouble you deeply.

Be mad at DA.

Few see that much value  in R9R to jump at the chance to trade for him.

Not my doing. So he's still here.

Using your metaphor, R9R is "the turd that won't flush".....

DA is no doubt still thinking about pulling the lever when he can get reasonable value. That's the hard part.

But on an easier note, you can flush me by  putting me on IGNORE.  Its really that simple.

Pud