Are the Celtics better without Ray and JO?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Are the Celtics better without Ray and JO?

No. Pierce and KG are playing better and if they play like this with Ray and Rondo, this team will be dynamite.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

JO plays great D, and he will be needed throughout the season (unless an upgrade can be found). I think it's addition by subraction with Ray. Without Ray the C's are getting a lot more activity from the 2 spot on defense and rebounds. Also, they are not making the careless turnovers that Ray has become known for

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ray's turnovers look bad because they are lazy or stupid passes. But, they don't really hurt the C's because he averages 2.0 turnovers per game.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Are the Celtics better without Ray and JO?":
    Celts better off without Ray.  Pietrus had 8 rebounds tonight. When was the last time Ray had that many rebounds? Ainge needs to upgrade the frontcourt using Ray, JO, and if need be, Rondo as trade bait. The Celtics are playing well because they're keeping it simple. And Pietrus at SG makes the Celts bigger, faster, and stronger at that position.  Posted by Fiercest34
    Absolutely! Either in separate trades or as a package, those 3 could bring back very good players. If rondo is traded, the C's need to get back a PG in that deal or subsequent deal. Maybe a minor deal could be made to bring in a Luke Ridnour, Shaun Livingston, or a Mo Williams type

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I won't say the Celts are definitely better this season without Ray Allen. I think Doc should play him less though and in a reserve capacity. He's better suited for the second unit. The starting lineup has to be a healthy mixture of veteran leadership and young talent. However, I'm not opposed to the idea of trading RA if there's a good deal to be made.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

The only real downside of trading Ray is the possibility of it adversely effecting the teams morale like the Perkins trade. My guess is that it won't at least not as much. Trading Rondo may be a killer though. Hopefully, before they make any deal like that they will at least consult Pierce and Garnett

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

HAIL  NO.......

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Celtics better without Ray and JO? : Luke Ridnour would be a good a addition. Posted by Fiercest34
    Can't believe what I'm reading. Get rid of Ray and Rondo and have Luke Ridnour. Yup, that's how we win a championship. Ray for a rebounder might make sense, but Bradley, Ridnour, and Moore will equal having a point guard situation like the Knicks.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

No.. C's are deeper team with Ray and JO

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Celtics still need Rondo. Anyone watching the games sees Bradley has all the energy in the world but is clueless in running the team. PP will drop dead before the season with all he has to do with Bradley in there. This has been a courageous showing the last three games and the Celtics need Rondo to come back and help keep it going.

Doc is going to have to have Bradley, Moore, Dooling, and Wilcox in a fixed rotation from now on.  The season could been on the verge of a major change. The defense and rebounding have looked like this is another team is out there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Are the Celtics better without Ray and JO?": Can't believe what I'm reading. Get rid of Ray and Rondo and have Luke Ridnour. Yup, that's how we win a championship. Ray for a rebounder might make sense, but Bradley, Ridnour, and Moore will equal having a point guard situation like the Knicks. Posted by Celtsfan4life
    Ridnour was a suggestion if Rondo was traded for a package that did not bring back a PG to the C's. Maybe in a deal for Amare, Gasol, Cousins, or a really talented wing player with size. Those deals are more likely to happen than a PG for PG deal with Rondo. The only PG for PG deal I could see the C's make is Rondo for Williams. That deal is highly unlikely unless NJ realizes they can't get Howard. Any one of the non PG's mentioned would upgrade the C's significantly, but the the C's would then lack a proven PG. My thought was make a minor deal involving maybe Moore, Johnson, or a 2nd rounder for Ridnour to fill that need. Ridnour is veteran player that is a very good shooter. He could excel playing with a front court of Pierce, Garnett, and Gasol. If ray and rondo are traded this year, I hope it is in a deal that brings back a big and a young athletic wing player

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They are winning with Defense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

PP is back to being the Captain again  and is luvin leading this team of energy players..

Winning on a day of late arrival and limited sleep...ENERGIZED

and the pacers were waiting  thinking how easy it was to beat the Celtics.. 

the refs sold out in the end  but PP played on with his gang

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Celtics better without Ray and JO?:
    No. Pierce and KG are playing better and if they play like this with Ray and Rondo, this team will be dynamite.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I am not so sure.  Our defense has been better the last 4 games in a row than i remember in a long time.  Its hard to argue with the results.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Celtics better without Ray and JO? : Luke Ridnour would be a good a addition.
    Posted by Fiercest34

U hit a very good player right there.  I have thought about him for a couple years.  You would think he wouldn't be that expensive.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Celtics better without Ray and JO? : We're playing great defense because KG and the bigs don't have to help out Ray every time Ray's man gets by Ray.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Or Rondos

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts