Are the C's now the favorite to win the east?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Are the C's now the favorite to win the east?

The injories to Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah pretty much put Boston on a collision course with Miami in the ECF but we have to take care of Philly first which i believe win will. That being said Chris Bosh has a strained abdominal muscle and is out indefinately, i think Boston can beat them with him in the lineup but without him the C's might be too much. It's possible that he returns but i jjust don't seee how you can get your rythm and effectiveness back so quickly after missing so any games, this plays right into our hands. It's unfortunate that players have to be injured but it is what it is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: Are the C's now the favorite to win the east?

Favorite is still Miami, but the C's have as good a shot as anyone. Don't sleep on Indy either.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

you're absolutely right, i think Indy can beat Miami especially now that Bosh is out for the series

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Celts never do themselves any favors when it comes to rest and homecourt.

If you can dump Philly in 4-5 and Indy takes a Miami team with a limited or missing Chris Bosh to 7 games... then I'd like out chances to get healthy with 3-4 days off between game 4/5 of the semi's and game 1 of the ECF, as long as they can continue to get this type of production from KG and Bosh remains less than 100%.

But knowing the way this team operates (Hawks shoulda gone down in 4 or 5 this year, and in '08, etc.) it would appear we are headed to a home game 7 vs. Philly at the Garden... just keep shooting yourselves in the foot guys!

(and i know its early and I'm beng sarcastic, but maybe its the more I say it the more likely I get pleasently surprised and we are out of the 2nd rd quickly)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Pacers are too undisiplined to beat the Heat unless they use their brains and feed Hibbert the ball. Granger is not a closer. He constantly settles for long jumpers in all games. Run the offense through David West and Hibbert and they have a shot. Heat are still the favorite. With Bosh I'd say the Celtics have a 60/40 chance. Without him it's a coin toss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I'm not even a big fan of going to hibbert a lot.  If I were the coach I'd ride West for all he was worth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Are the C's now the favorite to win the east?:
    [QUOTE]Pacers are too undisiplined to beat the Heat unless they use their brains and feed Hibbert the ball. Granger is not a closer. He constantly settles for long jumpers in all games. Run the offense through David West and Hibbert and they have a shot. Heat are still the favorite. With Bosh I'd say the Celtics have a 60/40 chance. Without him it's a coin toss.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

with Bosh, Heat 80-20

without Bosh, Heat 55-45

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the C's now the favorite to win the east? : with Bosh, Heat 80-20 without Bosh, Heat 55-45
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    WHAT?! Did you pay attention to the regular season games the C's and Heat played?  The C's were 3-1 against the Heat. The one time we lost to the Heat was in MIA and lost by 8pts. Then, we CRUSHED them all three times we played them just last month, twice at the Garden, once at MIA. The average margin of victory was 13-pts! Any of you with the "They were just coasting to the playoffs" line of BS, YOU DON'T COAST against the hated Celtics!  Teams don't get beat the way the C's have beat the Heat without a great formula. Our on the ball D stifles this type of team. And, FOR ONCE! our Bigs outman the other teams bigs. Of all the teams, MIA doesn't want to face the Boston Celtics. With KG, a solid Steamer, an ever improving and athletic Hollins, AB contstantly in Wade's face stealing time from what has been MIAs very poor helter-skelter half court execution, R9R dealing all over Chalmers, and with the weight of the world on King James if Bosch is out, CELTICS ROLL TO FINALS!!! No Bosch= Celtics 70-30, with Bosch= Celtics 55-45. We own them this year! Where have you been! Oh, and I almost forgot.........make no mistake about the fact that we will get past the 6'ers. FACT!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

How can Boston be favorite to win the EAST if Allen, Pietrus, Bradley and Pierce are playing less than 90% healthy?

No one is favorite!!!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

True...the East is a mess of injuries right now so it's wide open.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Are the C's now the favorite to win the east?:
    [QUOTE]The injories to Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah pretty much put Boston on a collision course with Miami in the ECF but we have to take care of Philly first which i believe win will. That being said Chris Bosh has a strained abdominal muscle and is out indefinately, i think Boston can beat them with him in the lineup but without him the C's might be too much. It's possible that he returns but i jjust don't seee how you can get your rythm and effectiveness back so quickly after missing so any games, this plays right into our hands. It's unfortunate that players have to be injured but it is what it is.
    Posted by GreenaboveGold[/QUOTE]

As you noted, Celtics would win with Chrissy Bosh healthy and would have won last year if not for DWade cheap shot that injured Rajon Rondo.  Injuries notwithstanding, Celtics will hang banner #18 in the Garden in June.

As Always,

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    If Celtics and Heat meet in ECF I'm afraid of DWade resorting to his dirty play mode when things don't go his way. Since he's one of the "untouchables" of the NBA, this can not only decide the outcome of the series but cripple (literally) one of his usual targets: RR, RA or PP. Therefore (plus many other reasons) I hope Indy will get ahead.

As for Celtics vs Heat in regular season, you know that playoffs is entirely different "beast". The only thing from that matchup I'd drag to ECF is "Celtics can beat them and, beat them good".

But first, let's dispatch Philly.

AK

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

Chris Tomasson: Interesting comment from Chris Bosh: “This season has to be extended for me to play again. So that’s what’s on my mind.’’ - Hoopshype

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the C's now the favorite to win the east? : WHAT?! Did you pay attention to the regular season games the C's and Heat played?  The C's were 3-1 against the Heat. The one time we lost to the Heat was in MIA and lost by 8pts. Then, we CRUSHED them all three times we played them just last month, twice at the Garden, once at MIA. The average margin of victory was 13-pts! Any of you with the "They were just coasting to the playoffs" line of BS, YOU DON'T COAST against the hated Celtics!  Teams don't get beat the way the C's have beat the Heat without a great formula. Our on the ball D stifles this type of team. And, FOR ONCE! our Bigs outman the other teams bigs. Of all the teams, MIA doesn't want to face the Boston Celtics. With KG, a solid Steamer, an ever improving and athletic Hollins, AB contstantly in Wade's face stealing time from what has been MIAs very poor helter-skelter half court execution, R9R dealing all over Chalmers, and with the weight of the world on King James if Bosch is out, CELTICS ROLL TO FINALS!!! No Bosch= Celtics 70-30, with Bosch= Celtics 55-45. We own them this year! Where have you been! Oh, and I almost forgot.........make no mistake about the fact that we will get past the 6'ers. FACT!
    Posted by RallyC[/QUOTE]

We had less injuries than, and as said, it was the regular season, We beat them up nice last season too and then Perk was traded and we were crushed.

The refs are a constant concern in my opinion, you see LeBron and Wade charge to the rim, throw their bodies it people, barely get touched, and go to the line over and over

If you can tell me that (knock on wood) we make it to the ECF, that Pierce, Avery and Ray are all healthier than they are now, KG hasn't run out of gas AND Bosh is limited... then I'll change the odds

For now I see Bosh's injury not beign as big a factor as those of our own guys

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Hi, If Celtics and Heat meet in ECF I'm afraid of DWade resorting to his dirty play mode when things don't go his way. Since he's one of the "untouchables" of the NBA, this can not only decide the outcome of the series but cripple (literally) one of his usual targets: RR, RA or PP. Therefore (plus many other reasons) I hope Indy will get ahead. As for Celtics vs Heat in regular season, you know that playoffs is entirely different "beast". The only thing from that matchup I'd drag to ECF is "Celtics can beat them and, beat them good". But first, let's dispatch Philly. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the C's now the favorite to win the east? : We had less injuries than, and as said, it was the regular season, We beat them up nice last season too and then Perk was traded and we were crushed. The refs are a constant concern in my opinion, you see LeBron and Wade charge to the rim, throw their bodies it people, barely get touched, and go to the line over and over If you can tell me that (knock on wood) we make it to the ECF, that Pierce, Avery and Ray are all healthier than they are now, KG hasn't run out of gas AND Bosh is limited... then I'll change the odds For now I see Bosh's injury not beign as big a factor as those of our own guys

True that.  And refs need to watch Dwade, the cheap shot artist extraordinaire.

As Always,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

On another discussion a poster seemed delighted Bosh was hurt & maybe out for the entire playoffs. I do not believe that any true NBA fan, irrespective of their bias for one team, should want to win a game/championship because another team has lost a key player to injury. In short, I do not wish an injury on opposing teams' players. 

I will wish harm on people who would harm us, the Taliban, Al Qaeda, Terrorists, Drug lords in Latin America etc. etc.

Now, if someone wants to take a poke at that thug, Artest "World Peace" and he's hurt, my eyes would stay dry !!! Same goes for D. Wade as poster above mentions. Our team is not free from injury either so another discussion says we should be favorite now in the East and other than KG---and we can't Xerox him---and Rondo, no one is playing exceptional in last game vs Hawks & in 1st game vs Philly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

In response to the OP, I don't think the C's are favorites. The 76ers series is far from being an eventual C's win. Bradley is diminished, Ray is day-to-day, Steamer looks limited because of his feet and Pierce is not PP and that knee isn't going to get better until next year.

If the C's can get by Philly, are the Heat less ominous without Bosh? Sure...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]How can Boston be favorite to win the EAST if Allen, Pietrus, Bradley and Pierce are playing less than 90% healthy? No one is favorite!!!  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I agree with you.  We have to win this series first.  The Celtics have a lot of injuries and may not even win this series, although, I am optimstic and believe that we probably will.  Beating the Heat won't be easy without a healthy Pierce, Ray, Pietrus and Bradley.  Not one of them is even close to 100% and won't be for the rest of the playoffs.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

Are you guys kidding me? Bosh going down just gave our Celts a free pass to the Finals. The only way that doesn't happen is if the refs screw us. The East is all but wrapped up for the Celts. Guaranteed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Are you guys kidding me? Bosh going down just gave our Celts a free pass to the Finals. The only way that doesn't happen is if the refs screw us. The East is all but wrapped up for the Celts. Guaranteed.
    Posted by BostonIrishGuy[/QUOTE]
    Another idiot chowda head. You will not get past the Sixers. Too many issues.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the C's now the favorite to win the east? : We had less injuries than, and as said, it was the regular season, We beat them up nice last season too and then Perk was traded and we were crushed. The refs are a constant concern in my opinion, you see LeBron and Wade charge to the rim, throw their bodies it people, barely get touched, and go to the line over and over If you can tell me that (knock on wood) we make it to the ECF, that Pierce, Avery and Ray are all healthier than they are now, KG hasn't run out of gas AND Bosh is limited... then I'll change the odds For now I see Bosh's injury not beign as big a factor as those of our own guys

Rame, you can't just say BS to me without me calling BS on you! The C's were not even close to being healthier when we trampled the Heat last month. As a matter of fact, during those three games that we beat them in April, the following players were all hurt and didn't play during at least one, some two games:

Allen, missed two MIA games in April
    Pietrus, missed two MIA games in April
    KG, missed one MIA game in April
    Rondo, missed one MIA game in April
    Stiemsma, missed one MIA game in April

Regular season or not, when eite teams meet on national TV, ITS ON! Now, go read Home and Garden because you aren't a real sports fan! Good try though! You've got JAMLOCK pumping you up! Jam, I am surprised!