Are the Heat for Real Yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5990. Show bosoxfan5990's posts

Are the Heat for Real Yet?

They've gone on a 5 game tear. However, they only played one legit team in that span. Prior to that, they went 1-4 when playing 3 playoff teams...

Are the Heat for Real?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet?

In Response to Are the Heat for Real Yet?:
    [QUOTE]They've gone on a 5 game tear. However, they only played one legit team in that span. Prior to that, they went 1-4 when playing 3 playoff teams... Are the Heat for Real?
    Posted by bosoxfan5990[/QUOTE]

They definitely are playing better.  If they can start winning games against the teams with the best records, I would say that they are improving. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I agree with susan250.  They are putting it together against the not-so-good teams but, honestly, that's what they are supposed to do.  They had a good win against Atlanta but without Joe Johnson.

Let's reconvene on this subject after tomorrow's game against Utah.  That will be good test of the Heat but they are looking good against the bad teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Just a week ago, you guys trashing the heat.

I said, they will adjust, learn little by little and it will be our nightmare come May-June.

Don't get scared....still December....but it will come.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

There has never been any doubt in my mind that they are for real. They are a legitimate team capable of beating anyone on any given night.  They will be better once they get Miller and Haslem back.  However, their lack of depth at both PG and Center, in my opinion, makes them a year away from being contenders for the title.  They will be good, a high seed, but in a seven game series, I just think they are not quite good enough yet.
    Feel free to disagree, but I think they will continue to struggle against really good teams like BOS, LAL, ORL and all others with outstanding PG's.
    Depending upon who they pick up/draft this off-season, they will probably be ready to wreck havoc on the league...............next year.  And, yes, I think Spoeltra will still be the coach!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

yes, they are for real...and will still probably struggle to beat the elite teams...but honestly...i figured that they would struggle more against the bad teams in the NBA but they have gone through them like a hot knife through butter

i agree with hedley that depth at PG would be more of an issue had carlos arroyo not been playing so well...and chalmers is getting healthy for the first time this season after having a gimpy ankle all off-season

the center position definitely has hurt the heat this year but i look at the problem this way...all the big bodies are new except for magloire, who hasnt seen a whole lot of playing time thus far this year...so the big guys are still learning to play with the big 3 and role players who also havent been around before...so i think they are adjusting on the fly as well and as the regular season continues...finding passing lanes between lebron, wade and bosh + xyz big guy is going to be mighty difficult come march-april...and they already lead the league in defensive efficiency

god i wish dampier had anything left in the tank...he is a lump on a log...and thats when he is playing and not riding the pine

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

they are putting it together against awful teams. when they can beat dallas, spurs, celtics, and lakers in a 3/4 game trip, then i will say they are for real.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet?:
    [QUOTE]they are putting it together against awful teams. when they can beat dallas, spurs, celtics, and lakers in a 3/4 game trip, then i will say they are for real.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

I seem to recall in 2008 the Celtics adding Posey, House, Rondo, Cassell, Brown, Allen and Garnett "on the fly" and doing okay!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]they are putting it together against awful teams. when they can beat dallas, spurs, celtics, and lakers in a 3/4 game trip, then i will say they are for real.
    Posted by PierceIsTheTruth[/QUOTE]

Fierce---they will...give them time. Does not happen overnight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

No bench, I say they will always have a hard time beating the elite.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The Heat are beating up teams they should beat up. Wade and LeBron are rebounding more because they have too. That's not going to fly against the top tier teams.

They will be good but unless they get to the Finals this year they will continue to be scrutinized.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

Yeah, Heat are the super team of the future.  I could see in a few year's time them dominating so much they don't even snicker at these early struggles.  However, right now, the great teams of this decade are not yet ready to fade away and will be dominant for at least this year and the next, maybe even a bit longer.  In that time the Heat will develop.  It will be a gradual changing of the guard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I still believe that if Orlando can somehow land Melo for Carter and Lewis I still like the Melo/Howard/Nelson hook up better than the Heat.

Then there is the chance that Paul and Melo go to NY to join Amare.

It's not a given that the Heat will even win a title in the next 3 years.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : Fierce---they will...give them time. Does not happen overnight.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

He's not Fierce34, I am.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

They worry me a bit but 1 through 10 the Celtics are stronger.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

I think they s^ck.  They are cooked as they lost their most consistent player, Udonnis Haslem.  Chris Bosh looks shellshocked.  Is he on something?  Wade looks like he is mourning the death of his team.  LeBron is great and all that but he a lousy teammate and player.  LeBron needs to play in Utah where Jerry Sloan will bench him for playing stupid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

[QUOTE]I think they s^ck.  They are cooked as they lost their most consistent player, Udonnis Haslem.  Chris Bosh looks shellshocked.  Is he on something?  Wade looks like he is mourning the death of his team.  LeBron is great and all that but he a lousy teammate and player.  LeBron needs to play in Utah where Jerry Sloan will bench him for playing stupid.
    Posted by shines01[/QUOTE]

i agree. utah is a good team. call thsi payback for the beating in miami i guess.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : JJ - read the bold face - I KNOW what I wrote, you don't apparently.  And YES I've heard of Spoelstra before this year.  Pat Riley's hand-picked replacement...started as the videographer....yeah, that guy! Good win over Utah - but we are still 4 up in HCA!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    congrats, so you do know something about the heat

now if you can be cordial and not a grammar nazi and we will get along fine

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]I think they s^ck.  They are cooked as they lost their most consistent player, Udonnis Haslem.  Chris Bosh looks shellshocked.  Is he on something?  Wade looks like he is mourning the death of his team.  LeBron is great and all that but he a lousy teammate and player.  LeBron needs to play in Utah where Jerry Sloan will bench him for playing stupid.
    you dont watch much basketball do ya?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? : the heat's bench is better than 98% of other teams...sorry to break it to you

Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

I am so sure that is not right. Haslem better than Baby Davis? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  Haslem is between the line of NBDL and NBA!!!  Arroyo is a starter and he would be bench anywhere in the league. Who else do you have in the bench? spit it out... Oh and let me remind you, Bosh is not one of the Big Three. Guy gets ripped by even Big Baby!!! which in your opinion is no better than Haslem.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]LeBron is great and all that but he a lousy teammate and player.  LeBron needs to play in Utah where Jerry Sloan will bench him for playing stupid.

I agree. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schleprechaun. Show Schleprechaun's posts

I disagree. Haslem is a good, solid player. Not a star, but a starter on many teams..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Are the Heat for Real Yet? :   I am so sure that is not right. Haslem better than Baby Davis? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  Haslem is between the line of NBDL and NBA!!!  Arroyo is a starter and he would be bench anywhere in the league. Who else do you have in the bench? spit it out... Oh and let me remind you, Bosh is not one of the Big Three. Guy gets ripped by even Big Baby!!! which in your opinion is no better than Haslem.
    Posted by cabutan[/QUOTE]
    stop listening to bill simmons and watch some actual basketball

haslem gets more respect for his game and how he carries himself as a man than big baby could ever dream of

big baby? you got that right