Are the Knicks for Real?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Are the Knicks for Real?

Jeff Van Gundy says yes. IMO it's to early to tell. It could be just a hot streak. Kidd is playing out of his mind, and I doubt he can keep it up. They're doing this despite being without Stoudamire & Shumpert. Regardless, it appears to have been a good move to replace D'Antoni, especially considering how the Lakers are playing, even if they are a power on paper.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Are the Knicks for Real?

Will be interesting to see the inevitable "grill" thread 2morrow re lakers@knicks.Is there anyway both teams could lose?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will be interesting to see the inevitable "grill" thread 2morrow re lakers@knicks.Is there anyway both teams could lose?

[/QUOTE]

About as good a chance as both teams winning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I think they are for real. Yes, Kidd will not shoot that well all season. But: Kidd is having a strong effect on Carmelo who needed a bit more guidance on leadership etc. Carmelo is playing out of his mind, the coach has put in a better defensive scheme. Things are looking good in NYC. Someone said that Carmelo was even harder to guard than Lebron. 

The only thing I will say is that the Knicks seem to rely very heavily on the outside shot. And Stoudemire may be tough to integrate. In my mind the Nets may be an even more balanced team, but that said, I think both teams are for real and right now I would put both of them ahead of the Celtics in the east - but we'll see in a couple months...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to DFURY13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think they will put a for real beating on the Lakers tonight and I'm going to sit back and enjoy. I only wish I could see the trolls squirm lol.

[/QUOTE]
    I agree with you and expect the Knicks to win.  They are a very talented team and definitely one of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Knicks are for real.  Chandler has added defense and an attitude to their team.  They are fine without Amare, and may be scary good when he comes back.  Our streak of winning the Altantic Divsion is in serious jeopardy!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Knicks are for real.  Chandler has added defense and an attitude to their team.  They are fine without Amare, and may be scary good when he comes back.  Our streak of winning the Altantic Divsion is in serious jeopardy!

[/QUOTE]
    It will be interesting to see how the team performs when Amare is back.  The Knicks and Nets are both better than the Celtics at this point in the season.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Tyson Chandler was the biggest pickup of their last 10 years.  Also the best big man in the east, imo.  Knicks will win the east or take 2nd.

They've beaten Miami twice, in Miami, by more than 40 points combined.  Name another team that's done that...