Are the Magic scary??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Are the Magic scary??

Hard to tell when you dont know how the pieces will fit together. Adding one or two players to your lineup and many can project how much better a team might be.. Adding 3 major pieces and subtracting 3 major pieces is another story.

I chalked up last nights Magic blowout over the Spurs as "one of those games" but naturally it got attention in the basketball world.

Cant see any reasonable person watching that game and reaching a conclusion the Magic are great.  Its just silly.  Can prob find several games this season from every team to watch and come away like ..what a great team.

Like last years Wizards blowout of the Celts in TD. They really went on to dominate the NBA from there..lol

Jury still out on the Magic...has to be, no other way.. and considering they havent had a training camp together and need to build this team on the fly during the season...Id say the odds are stacked against them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Actually with the amount of offensive firepower brought in the answer is yes the Magic can be considered scary.

I was just amazed at the glut of gutless players involved in that megatrade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The Magic are not scary.  They have no defense.  The "older" Spurs had just come off of a tough game the night before against the Nuggets and were obviously affected by the 2nd of the back-to-back.  When the Magic sensed they were tired, the Magic began to push the ball.

The Magic caught the Spurs at the perfect time for a blowout like that.  The Magic "put it all together" last night and San Antonio was just not ready to play on the 2nd game of the back-to-back.

I think when you see some real defense played against the Magic, you'll see a different result.  In addition, they have NO defensive stopper other than Howard.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Peitrus was their worst loss of the trades for sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from townie68. Show townie68's posts

You never know what you'll get when you play a team that lives and dies on the 3 ball. If Orlando isn't hitting 3's, they wouldn't scare the Nets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOMAA99999. Show TOMAA99999's posts

Its one game.  The Magic did play very well vs the Spurs last night.  They might play well again on Christmas.  Lets see if the Magic can put together a streak.  Till then just play the game.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

it will come down to the over and under on fouls.  I would say that if the c's shoot within 10 freethrows of the magic they should win handilly.  Approach a disparity of 20 and things get pretty tough.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Magic scary??:
    In Response to Re: Are the Magic scary?? : You never had credibility in my eyes. You should be banned from the board for even thinking we can land Prince or Granger. You jumped on board of those stupid trades.
    Posted by BiasLewis

You really need to stay off the bong. I NEVER said anything or even mentioned anything about a trade for Granger or Prince. And don't put up some comment with my name pasted to it either, just to make your lame point.

You got that BIASEDLewis? Also known as BDC's #1 Flip Flopper.

My 5 year old nephew knows more about basketball than you do, and that's a cryin' shame.

Undecided

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

Actually with the amount of offensive firepower brought in the answer is yes the Magic can be considered scary. I was just amazed at the glut of gutless players involved in that megatrade.
    Posted by spewey

Too bad for them that DEFENSE win championships. Run and Gun Pheonix of the East type team. Does not work if they want a championship

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

C's will have to play strong defense tomorrow and stay in Reddick
    face pleassseee. I think the C's will be ok, but they cannot let up,
    they have some scorers. C's can handle the Magic!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Heat and Magic are for real, get over it, The Celtics are better but not by much.  The Celtics without West or Rondo will be hard pressed to beat either of the above teams.   Tom's team is the darkshorse.  Western condference Dallas, Spurs, Lakers are for real and Utah is the darkshorse.  Nate has demonstrated that he is not a consistent threat as a point guard, I hate that, I thought he had a chance to play the position at one time, but lately he has had a hard time with the ball in his hands and has lost confidence.  Daniles is hot and cold, but he defens well and makes fairly good decisions with the ball.  The #1 selection looks lost,  Luke coudl help us but he rotts on the bench.  Semi needs to heal, but he has flashes that makes you think he is worthy of keeping.  Shack has done well, and we are waiting to see JO and Perk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I heard the Magic are trying to move Redick in the hopes it brings back some size...maybe Battie. That may be tough but at some point they are going to need something coming off the bench. It seems like they took on the look of the Heat. Lose size for athleticism and perimeter scoring.

I don't even think the C's or Lakers blinked at this deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Are the Magic scary??:
    Seems up until last night, most people thought the Magic should be written off this season..even after the trades. All of a sudden they blow out the Spurs and the talk is how great are the Magic lol Its a rarity (prob never happened) that a team  cleans house in season and has a championship team to show for it. Cant think of one example this ever happened in the NBA. So the Magic clobbered the Spurs last night...ooouuuu..scary.  Ok its the holiday season and we've heard Doc and others say how teams cant get focused with all the other stuff going on around them this  time of year. Even over rated Phil Jackson chimed in on the subject. But more telling about the Spurs/Magic game was the Magic FG%...I think was like 59.5.  Thats sick!  I can just about guarantee you thats not gonna happen again this season for Orlando... Same promise about the Spurs letting an opponent shoot that % against them again. Final analysys:  It was just one of those games... like the Wizards blowing out the Celtics at TD last season.. An abberation that will never happen again. Like many did with the HEat... lets not crown the Magic just yet.  No team in the NBA can stack up to the Celtics (when healthy) this season imo. If we can get them all back on the floor, we'll be watching one of the greatest teams in the last 20 years.. They are that good and deep
    Posted by Karllost

Yea the goofball Jackson doesn't even know whats going on during Christmas games.  Here is his quote today.

It will be Jackson's 26th Christmas Day game. He played in eight as a player with New York, coached seven with Chicago and Saturday will mark his 11th on the sidelines for the Lakers.

"The one I always remember that's interesting is that the 9-73 Philadelphia 76ers beat the future championship Knicks on their court on Christmas Day one time," Jackson said.

The Sixers actually beat the Knicks on Christmas in the 1976-77 season when Philadelphia went 50-32, not in 1972-73 when the Sixers set the all-time futility mark for the league.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Magic scary?? : So says the guy who wanted to trade JON and Quis for James Posey!! LMAO!!!
    Posted by Waynestarr

No it was Jon, Quis, Bradley and a number one pick..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Magic scary?? : No it was Jon, Quis, Bradley and a number one pick..
    Posted by OneOnOne

That's even worse. HA!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Everyone's scary if we aren't healthy 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

If D12 is allowed to flail his elbows and knock out teeth and senses as in last year's Conference Finals; that's scary. My disdain for NBA reffing really peaked in that series as this guy was allowed to truly injure the Celtics without impunity and literally soften them up as they were advancing to the Finals. I used to respect Dwight, now I just want to see him dazed on the floor after Shaq or JON lays some (well deserved) lumber on his azx.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

If D12 is allowed to flail his elbows and knock out teeth and senses as in last year's Conference Finals; that's scary. My disdain for NBA reffing really peaked in that series as this guy was allowed to truly injure the Celtics without impunity and literally soften them up as they were advancing to the Finals. I used to respect Dwight, now I just want to see him dazed on the floor after Shaq or JON lays some (well deserved) lumber on his azx.
    Posted by futbal

Dwight does receive preferential treatment most of the time.   Agree with you about the finals last year and thinking how he would injure someone before this series was over. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

has any team with an offense just based on the 3 point shot ever won anything - you have to play tired and deep into playoff series - and teams need to be more dynamic that that to really win.

Sections
Shortcuts