Are the Magic scary??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Are the Magic scary??

Seems up until last night, most people thought the Magic should be written off this season..even after the trades. All of a sudden they blow out the Spurs and the talk is how great are the Magic lol

Its a rarity (prob never happened) that a team  cleans house in season and has a championship team to show for it. Cant think of one example this ever happened in the NBA.

So the Magic clobbered the Spurs last night...ooouuuu..scary.  Ok its the holiday season and we've heard Doc and others say how teams cant get focused with all the other stuff going on around them this  time of year. Even over rated Phil Jackson chimed in on the subject. But more telling about the Spurs/Magic game was the Magic FG%...I think was like 59.5.  Thats sick!  I can just about guarantee you thats not gonna happen again this season for Orlando... Same promise about the Spurs letting an opponent shoot that % against them again.

Final analysys:  It was just one of those games... like the Wizards blowing out the Celtics at TD last season.. An abberation that will never happen again.

Like many did with the HEat... lets not crown the Magic just yet.  No team in the NBA can stack up to the Celtics (when healthy) this season imo. If we can get them all back on the floor, we'll be watching one of the greatest teams in the last 20 years.. They are that good and deep

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Are the Magic scary??

I hope that you are right.  Orlando won last night by a huge margin and definitely looked very scary to me.   It will be very interesting to see how the Celtics play tomorrow.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Heat will be more scary if they beat the Lakers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoraG1. Show NoraG1's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Magic scary??:
    When the players start professing fear for another team then I'll be concerned. 
    Posted by jallen3531

It seems like all you have to do is have one good game and beat one good team to be at championship level according to the media anyways. So annoying.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

plus if you look at the box score, many of the spurs starters didn't play major minutes - duncan played only 20 minutes and his +/- was -1. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

If Howard gets in foul trouble the Magic could be in trouble. I think they're more versatile and more guys can create their shot but they traded defense for offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

I'm glad someone made a thread about this.

The Magic are HELLA scary. They have shooters/scorers all OVER the court. The Magic made the Spurs look like a very OLD team last night.

The Celtics better have their defensive gameplan on high alert, because what I saw last night could very well be disastrous for the Celtics on Christmas Day.

It remains to be seen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Not worried at all.  The Celtics will have the best scouting report available and will be ready to play.  If not, they lose.  Play one on one defense and dont double Howard and keep a man on the shooters and Orlando will faulter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

You're scared of the Magic after one good game?? LMAO! Talk about knee-jerk reactions.

Where is their size?? Where is their defense?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

It doesn't matter. The way they played last night, blowing out one of the NBA's best teams, they're just not to be taken lightly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Speaking of outlandish. You sound like you're ready to crown the Magic already. So what they blew out a good team...it happens. The Spurs don't have much size either so it was the Magic's athelticism that took over.

If you're scared get a dog. LOL!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Speaking of outlandish. You sound like you're ready to crown the Magic already. So what they blew out a good team...it happens. The Spurs don't have much size either so it was the Magic's athelticism that took over. If you're scared get a dog. LOL!
    Posted by BiasLewis

So says the guy who wanted to trade JON and Quis for James Posey!!

LMAO!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

So says the guy who is scared of the Magic after one good game. Please don't watch the game tomorrow with one eye open. We'll be ok I think the C's will show up. Don't worry we won't get beat by 40

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

So says the guy who is scared of the Magic after one good game. Please don't watch the game tomorrow with one eye open. We'll be ok I think the C's will show up. Don't worry we won't get beat by 40
    Posted by BiasLewis

I'm just glad you're not the "GM" of the Celtics, because we'd REALLY be in trouble.

That's something to be "worried" about. Thank god it's not reality.

*wipes brow*

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Thank goodness you're not playing for the C's...you probably wouldn't get on the flight to Orlando. LOL! Big bad Orlando!!

If I were GM I wouldn't draft a player who is scared of competition...ahem like yourself.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Thank goodness you're not playing for the C's...you probably wouldn't get on the flight to Orlando. LOL! Big bad Orlando!! If I were GM I wouldn't draft a player who is scared of competition...ahem like yourself.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I never said I was scared of competition, you love putting words in people's mouths don't you?

Just give it up, you lost all credibility with the JON,Quis for Posey trade, got called out on it, and now you're sour.

Cheer up! It's Christmas time! Take it like a man. You don't know much about basketball like you "think" you do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The trade will make Orlando better, but they'll be the same team they were last year (although Howard does have better offensive moves around the basket than he did last year).   In the end, if you defend their shooters at the 3 point line and make Howard go one on one, they have very little other offense.   On top of that, if you get Howard in foul trouble, they will become very small and will really struggle.

Spurs just had one of those nights last night where they couldn't throw it in the ocean while the Magic were hot.  Happens to all teams.  That made the Magic look great.   One game doesn't prove anything, however.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Are the Magic scary?? : I never said I was scared of competition, you love putting words in people's mouths don't you? Just give it up, you lost all credibility with the JON,Quis for Posey trade, got called out on it, and now you're sour. Cheer up! It's Christmas time! Take it like a man. You don't know much about basketball like you "think" you do.
    Posted by Waynestarr

You never had credibility in my eyes. You should be banned from the board for even thinking we can land Prince or Granger. You jumped on board of those stupid trades.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The trade will make Orlando better, but they'll be the same team they were last year (although Howard does have better offensive moves around the basket than he did last year).   In the end, if you defend their shooters at the 3 point line and make Howard go one on one, they have very little other offense.   On top of that, if you get Howard in foul trouble, they will become very small and will really struggle. Spurs just had one of those nights last night where they couldn't throw it in the ocean while the Magic were hot.  Happens to all teams.  That made the Magic look great.   One game doesn't prove anything, however.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Exactly! Here's a guy that knows basketball. Great post! Good trade but they traded one problem for another. They could put Pietrus on guys to play defense and Gortat was a solid backup C and now they don't have good perimeter defense and NO backup C.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    Short answer is NO.
    As others noted, they are loaded on offense.
    The only 5 they have is D12.
    BTW, ask Mavs that question.
    As for the tomorrow's game - it will be tough: huge load on Nate and RA, even if JON is in he'll be very rusty. Hopefully KG and PP will get out of shooting funk.

AK

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

the orlando game is one that i think the celtics will show up for. last year they didnt have a kg and who would have thought they win it, i didn't. i think the celtics will show up. not expecting a blow out win, but hoping for one. Magic shot very well last night from 3 and fg%. lets hope the celtics play some better defense on them.  even if the magic beat us i'm not to worried. they beat us 3 out of 4 last year in the regular season. look what happened in the playoffs.

did anyone else hear they got a trade exception when they traded marcin gortat? if thats true, that is truely B.S.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Scary. Naaaaaah.  They got flaws in their armor if you bother to look.
    Keys to beating them:
    1. Rebounding
    2. Stopping their transition game
    3. Good D on 3pt shots

BTW, I was hoping there would be another episode of "The Association," before the game.  Stupid me, they run it on ESPN and tomorrows game is on ABC.

I did find the schedule for it, thought.

You might want to make a note of it.

Episode 1 - Friday, Dec. 3 - 7 p.m. (30 minutes)
    Episode 2 - Friday, Jan. 21 - 7 p.m. (30 minutes)
    Episode 3 - Friday, Feb. 25 - 7 p.m. (30 minutes)
    Episode 4 - Wednesday, March 16 - 7 p.m. (30 minutes)
    Episode 5 - Friday, April 15 - 8 p.m. (60 minutes)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I was wondering when the 2nd episode would be showing. I keep tuning in and they show the same one over and over. Thanks

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

That was a landmark trade in that it involved 5 of the softest players in the league-Vince Carter, Rashard Lewis, Hedo Turkoglu, Jason Richardson and Gilbert Arenas.  Not sure if there is a testicle among them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Tomorrow is one game, don't get crazy analyzing.  The Magic are definitely not better with this trade.  Beating the Spurs was overdue after getting beaten game after game. They may even extend it on Christmas..  Big Picture they are worse than last year. We are better.

Sections
Shortcuts