Are we better without Rondo?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Are we better without Rondo?

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Probably not, but Terry is our best backup point guard.

Some dude is currently spreading this, but give the choice of Rondo or Gorat and an adequate/okay PG, who are you taking?

I'm starting to think Gortat and the adequate PG, but it's too early to judge. I want to see how we play tomorrow without Rondo and how this team plays against stronger competition w/o him. However, i'm starting to agree more with the idea of trading Rondo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Just one game.  We're not better without Rondo.   We just need Rondo to stop holding on to the ball so long, to check his ego, and to get the ball moving.   Doc, KG, etc, have created a monster by continuing to tell this kid its his team.   He already drove Ray away.   I hope he watched tonight and saw how good a team can play when the ball is shared (and yes, I know it was a tired and weak Portland team, but so was Detroit and we got blown out by them!).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Too small a sample................but maybe!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Just one game.  We're not better without Rondo.   We just need Rondo to stop holding on to the ball so long, to check his ego, and to get the ball moving.   Doc, KG, etc, have created a monster by continuing to tell this kid its his team.   He already drove Ray away.   I hope he watched tonight and saw how good a team can play when the ball is shared (and yes, I know it was a tired and weak Portland team, but so was Detroit and we got blown out by them!).

Good point and I guess this is what I want too. We need the ball to be in the hands of players besides Rondo more often...I say trade him only if he can't get this into his head (or if a trade that is too good to pass up comes around...but that probably won't happen).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Good point and I guess this is what I want too. We need the ball to be in the hands of players besides Rondo more often...I say trade him only if he can't get this into his head (or if a trade that is too good to pass up comes around...but that probably won't happen).

Like your posts.............hate your avatar.....LOL!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

No.  We're better when Jeff Green decides he wants to play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

U trying to curry favor w Pud & Darkman?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

no but we're better when Jeff Green finds his game and scores 20 points....

if Green averaged even 16 a game we'd be a whole different team

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

U trying to curry favor w Pud & Darkman?

Someone that is trying to be objective should always be commended. 

When Rondo doesn't play: The ball moves better, and more people are involved in the offense, which becomes less predictable and opens it up for more options.  I wish Rondo would have gotten suspended longer, so the Celts could gel and show how good they could be when the ball is shared.  

Trade Rondo for a half decent big man...let Terry run pg until the Celts can get someone better.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

no but we're better when Jeff Green finds his game and scores 20 points....

if Green averaged even 16 a game we'd be a whole different team

He might just do that if he gets the chance.. It's kind of hard to do that with 5FGA per. When Rondo is in the game the ball goes to Pierce or Garnett.. He hardly looks at anyone else. I didn't notice until I paid attention to Green's game. It's really a shame =\

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaiderPat. Show RaiderPat's posts

Rondo is a key player on this team and no way this team can roll on a first round playoff without him..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RaiderPat. Show RaiderPat's posts

Rondo is a key player on this team and no way this team can roll on a first round playoff without him..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

Too small a sample................but maybe!

Someone w/ more time on their hands should look up the C's record when RR is out(Fierce?). That should be a large enough sample to determine the question... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Quote of the evening from Courtney Lee..... "We all know Rondo's capabilities. He's a great playmaker. He's going to rack up assists. Today we just came out and played together."

Wrap your mind around Lee's notion of just coming out and playing together.

Sounds like winning basketball to me. Doesn't it to you too?

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

How can he not "rack up assists" when he has the ball 90% of the time, and won't shoot a wide open lay up?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

How can he not "rack up assists" when he has the ball 90% of the time, and won't shoot a wide open lay up?

+ 1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Quote of the evening from Courtney Lee..... "We all know Rondo's capabilities. He's a great playmaker. He's going to rack up assists. Today we just came out and played together."

Wrap your mind around Lee's notion of just coming out and playing together.

Sounds like winning basketball to me. Doesn't it to you too?

Pud

Now thats a + 1

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

But can Doc get him to play differently?

I want to see tonights game, but Rondo may be a case of "subtraction by addition" for this team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Doc cant do anything about it even if what many seem to be suggesting is true.. Doc has had his tail between his legs with this kid for years trying to force feed sweet thoughts and tender lullabies into his head...

Even after the "fight" Rondo started, Doc criticized Humphries and probaly cuddled up with Rondo into the night whispering repeatedly in his ear "it's not your fault, it's not your fault....."

He's a brat and a leader by appointment, not earned..  Just remember the hiatus  Rondo took on the court a couple years ago after Perk got traded.. He rubbed it in DOc & Dannys face and they both stood by and took it bending over... 

A respectable PG and Center would be a good exchange for our allstar hof PG imo

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Doc cant do anything about it even if what many seem to be suggesting is true.. Doc has had his tail between his legs with this kid for years trying to force feed sweet thoughts and tender lullabies into his head...

Even after the "fight" Rondo started, Doc criticized Humphries and probaly cuddled up with Rondo into the night whispering repeatedly in his ear "it's not your fault, it's not your fault....."

He's a brat and a leader by appointment, not earned..  Just remember the hiatus  Rondo took on the court a couple years ago after Perk got traded.. He rubbed it in DOc & Dannys face and they both stood by and took it bending over... 

You should be leading the charge to get rid of Doc.  If a coach can't control his players, particularly his key ones, as you're saying, what  business does he have  coaching the team?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

No, we're better with Rondo. Remember this happened last year  and the ball started moving when AB played. Rondo just needs to stop holding the ball and now that the streak is over I think we'll see Rondo really turn up his game.

Our defense is better overall because Rondo likes to gamble and it leaves our bigs to step up and then teams find open shots. We saw last night better team defense and hopefully Rondo becomes a better on the ball defender and not risk team defense.

Jeff Green has to keep th.at mentaility and boy do we need AB back to set the tone on our perimeter defense

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

You should be leading the charge to get rid of Doc.  If a coach can't control his players, particularly his key ones, as you're saying, what  business does he have  coaching the team?

It's systemic in all pro sports... why? Cause usually the star players make much more $$$ than the coach and make their league/team much more $$ than the coach... So when push comes to shove..goodbye coach... ownership wont back him.

My point was DOc needed to attempt nipping in the bud Rondos brat behavior early on.. before he got empowered.  No differrent than raising a kid and spoiling him for years.. ya think when hes 15 you're gonna change his ways??

Now its unlikely any coach can make much of a difference unless Rondo "brats" himself into oblivion and nobody wants him  (see Marbury and AI)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

It's systemic in all pro sports... why? Cause usually the star players make much more $$$ than the coach and make their league/team much more $$ than the coach... So when push comes to shove..goodbye coach... ownership wont back him.

My point was DOc needed to attempt nipping in the bud Rondos brat behavior early on.. before he got empowered.  No differrent than raising a kid and spoiling him for years.. ya think when hes 15 you're gonna change his ways??

Now its unlikely any coach can make much of a difference unless Rondo "brats" himself into oblivion and nobody wants him  (see Marbury and AI)

I don't think it can be done. Tubby Smith tried to change him at UK. He went as far as to bench him, it didn't work. Rondo came back and played just like he always did!!

Sections
Shortcuts