Are We Stuck With Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Are We Stuck With Rondo?

29% FG;  25% 3PT;  and 40% FT (not counting tonights 3-13 shooting). Wasn't he practicing to improve his chot during this past year?   Who's going to give up any value to trade for that?  Even Wallace's PER is two times more efficient than Rondo.  Pathetic.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Are We Stuck With Rondo?

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

29% FG;  25% 3PT;  and 40% FT (not counting tonights 3-13 shooting). Wasn't he practicing to improve his chot during this past year?   Who's going to give up any value to trade for that?  Even Wallace's PER is two times more efficient than Rondo.  Pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

You called it - this guy is "pathetic"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, Mployee said Rondo was practicing to improve his chot during past year.

Guess that didn't pan out.

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE] Once a brick, always a brick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I will never doubt your superior ability to evaluate NBA talent again:

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

Teams don't defend Rondo the same way they defend Jordan Crawford when he was the starting PG.

[/QUOTE]  I hate to say this, but we were a better team when Jordan Crawford was the starting point guard. Also a lot more fun to watch.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brad suggested bravely  after the Nets game that things are right on schedule with Rondo... because "this is his preseason."

Fast forward to end of season: I can see Brad with straight face crowing on April 16 after losing pitifully to the Wiz... that Rondo's "right on schedule, still rounding into form!!!"

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Rajon Rondo Career Highlights - YouTube ► 5:50► 5:50 www.youtube.com/watch?v=go5T2_4dC_M Jul 5, 2013 - Uploaded by 10moneyball Rajon Rondo's best highlights of his career. ... 3:33Rajon Rondo Mix " Ready Aim

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Pretty dumb post. 

Rondo's FG percentage last year was pretty high. 

Guy is coming off an injury and will play better. 

And yes, he still has trade value. You're only stuck with him if the Celts re-sign him. 

The Celts will try pretty hard to re-sign him for two reasons: one, because Rondo cares greatly about winning (enough to be named captain), and two, because the owner loves him and sees something in him you don't. 

As for me I wouldn't want Rondo to sign a max contract. But I also don't judge a player coming off of knee surgery. Derrick Rose also struggled after his before he went down again. 

Knees affect shooting in case you haven't played ball yourself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Should we waive Rondo - take the loss and call it a day? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Pretty dumb post. 

And yes, he still has trade value. You're only stuck with him if the Celts re-sign him. 

The Celts will try pretty hard to re-sign him for two reasons: one, because Rondo cares greatly about winning (enough to be named captain), and two, because the owner loves him and sees something in him you don't. 

As for me I wouldn't want Rondo to sign a max contract. But I also don't judge a player coming off of knee surgery. Derrick Rose also struggled after his before he went down again. 

This is the clown who previously judged Rondo (coming off of ACL surgery) in very positive terms, claiming that Rondo would return in record time from his injury and excel... because he is "so competitive."

Backtrack much?

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Yip probablly stuck with him for 10 more years!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]

Pretty dumb post. 

[/QUOTE]

This is pretty logical. Won't carry much weight around here. The fact that he hasn't played in a whole year, that D-Rose had the exact same kind of struggless etc... won't make a difference with this crowd. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

[QUOTE]

Pretty dumb post. 

This is the clown who previously judged Rondo (coming off of ACL surgery) in very positive terms, claiming that Rondo would return in record time from his injury and excel... because he is "so competitive."

Backtrack much?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

And this is the clown who said the Captain was going to be traded for the last five years. How is that working for you Pud? There is always tommorow. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

Yes we are stuck with him. And like it or not, Rondo is being the Rondo that we all know. Playing it smart for the greater good of the Celtics.

Unlike Jordan Crawford who is trying to prove to everyone else that he belongs to this league, Rajon Rondo has nothing else to prove. He doesn't care if he'll look like a Rondo -1.0. 

Rondo's thinking like DANNY AINGE now, we need those lottery ping pong balls!

So shu t up and enjoy the tanking.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Rondo without layups is a louzyoffensive player, with layups he usually has one of the higher fg%  at the pg position.  See career 48% shooter.  over 50% twice.

Derrick Rose  played 10 regular season games this year and35%fg 3pt34% with the benefit of playing in the preseason. He also had a PER of 10.1.

Ive heard several commentators say that we wont see the real rondo until probably next season. 

We obv are not stuck with rondo, after this season he has 1 left, da has every option available to him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I guarantee you all of the Gms are going to wait another month before judging the guy. He just missed a year and is coming off a career threatening injury.

Yes he is playing badly, and yes it is too soon to assess him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to KenDNP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes we are stuck with him. And like it or not, Rondo is being the Rondo that we all know. Playing it smart for the greater good of the Celtics.

Unlike Jordan Crawford who is trying to prove to everyone else that he belongs to this league, Rajon Rondo has nothing else to prove. He doesn't care if he'll look like a Rondo -1.0. 

[/QUOTE]

I had originally predicted 19-63 w/Rondo and 26-56 w/o Rondo for the season, believing that the Cs were a "better" team w/o Rondo, just like last season.

Now that our "nothing else to prove" ASPG is back, I'm "up-grading" my w/Rondo prediction to 15-67.

We may never win again... so long as our "playing it smart" superstar continues to shine.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to KenDNP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I had originally predicted 19-63 w/Rondo and 26-56 w/o Rondo for the season, believing that the Cs were a "better" team w/o Rondo, just like last season.

Now that our "nothing else to prove" ASPG is back, I'm "up-grading" my w/Rondo prediction to 15-67.

We may never win again... so long as our "playing it smart" superstar continues to shine.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

you sir, are obviously a genius.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Of course we're stuck with him. Why? Because nobody else wants him for more than a ham sandwich....and that was when he was healthy.

Oh yea, Im also sure his knee has something to do with his FT%..with a healthy knee Im confident his FT% would zoom up from 50% to at least 52%

Ask yourself, if youre the GM of another NBA team, what would you give up for Rondo? Right!! Not very much... in fact, I wouldnt take him for free.... disruptive, moody, takes nights off all the time, cant s  h  o  o  t unless its a layup, is the give-a-foul to guy in the final 2 mins and usually crumbles in crunch time.

Theres a good reason Coach K booted him off the Olympic team... he had Rondo for free and didnt want him.

Wow BDC banned the word  s  h  o  o t and s  h  o  t

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Yep we have been stuck with him quiet a while, get three allstars that can still play and put with him or weep.   He actually plays better in big games but he will be exposed for what he is now.  Bayless looks like our best choice at point.  Johnson looks like a poor man's John H.  The little guard needs to go to the center and play pick up ball.  Bradlely and Rondo will bleed off a lot of $$$$$$$$ if we keep them.  Bayless, Johnson, Sullinger, and Fav are only four I would keep.  Yes Fav, if you play him at center 30 minutes a night he will develop into a good roll player, he is rusted up.  The rest including the little point and Avery are tooooooo smalllllllll.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

I had to laugh..... quite an enticing story in the Globe today... for subscribers only!

Rusty Rajon Rondo easing his way back Guard doubtful to play vs. 76ers

NEW YORK — The Celtics need work. “A lot of work,” Rajon Rondosaid Tuesday night.

That much was obvious after the Celtics were blown out, 114-88, by the Knicks at Madison Square Garden.

But Rondo, who is easing his way back into the lineup after missing nearly a year following a knee injury, also needs a lot of work, a point he, his coach, and his teammates are quick to admit.

“He’s still in the rehab stage, but he’s getting better and closer,” coach Brad Stevenssaid. “He’s getting used to playing with these guys.”

However, Rondo, who had 5 assists and 7 points on 3-for-13 shooting in 27 minutes, doesn’t exactly see this time as his exhibition season, as Stevens has called it. Full story for BostonGlobe.com subscribers

Somebody PLEASE subscribe to the Globe and tell me how this "better and closer" story ends.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Teams don't defend Rondo the same way they defend Jordan Crawford when he was the starting PG.

[/QUOTE]  I hate to say this, but we were a better team when Jordan Crawford was the starting point guard. Also a lot more fun to watch.

[/QUOTE]

And better still with Pressey.

Sections
Shortcuts