are you aware that BIRD has a far higher defensive career rating than MJ, KOBE, BRON+PIPPEN? what does this mean?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: are you aware that BIRD has a far higher defensive career rating than MJ, KOBE, BRON+PIPPEN? what does this mean?

I guess stats are great only when they support your own personal opinions. Defense is more than what your opponent scored, assisted on etc, its team ball and a lot goes into that.

Watch how many times KG and others switched off their man to cover the opposing PG that blows by Rondo effortlessly... then dishes off to KGs guy... if the rotation isnt there, KGs guy gets a layup or an easier rebound/put-back... Statistically it hurts KG but who was the weak link?? Who's guy didnt score or even get an assist but was responsible for the  play... Rondos guy.. .yet Rondos stat line doesnt punish him for the breakdown...

Watching enough games blows away statistics every time..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: are you aware that BIRD has a far higher defensive career rating than MJ, KOBE, BRON+PIPPEN? what does this mean?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/def_rtg_career.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Just by looking at the data it looks like:

1. Size (rebounding) has an significant impact, therefore perimeter players have a disadvantage.    Bird was a great rebounder which obviously helps his case.

2. Seems that it doesn't take into account if you are the primary defender. I always heard that Bird was a great team defender but an average individual defender at best (I was to young to understand that when he played). So Bird was NOT defending the primary scorer of the oponent, but e.g. Pippen did. That also helps Birds case statistically.

5. This post has been removed.