Around the Horn-on the Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maverick685. Show maverick685's posts

Re: Around the Horn-on the Celtics

In Response to Re: Around the Horn-on the Celtics:
    [QUOTE]The only way winning a 7 game series is likely to be a fluke is if the losing teams star player was injured or couldn't play.  If Michael Jordan's flu-induced temperature of 102 had been 2 degrees higher, then Utah may have had a fluke championship. 
    Posted by thrombosis[/QUOTE]
    Except that was game 5, so even if the Jazz won that game they wouldn't have won the title; just the momentum.  But I agree, there really isn't a fluke in a 7 game series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

Re: Around the Horn-on the Celtics

In Response to Re: Around the Horn-on the Celtics:
    [QUOTE]\The arguiment was all about winning once vs winning twice or more. ok..then use this word in order: You win one you are "great" You win two or more, you are the "greatest" an adjective--highest in quality. Will this settle greatness?
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Well thanks (sincerely) for at least trying to nudge us toward consensus...

and now maybe I'm quibbling, but to me, a team's greatness can't be measured by a single statistic - even if the statistic is championships won.   I don't think all teams that win a championship are great teams.    Although I do think it is fair to say that winning at least one championship is a minimum ...  for any NBA team to be considered great.     BUt but but the point of the thread  wasn't to explore the fine points of defining greatness!! 

"did anyone ever foresee 4 years of greatness when the Big Three were put together?"  ......talk about a great run...and they are deeper (this year) than ever" 
    It was to step back, pause, and appreciate the the arc of four years of basketball at its best ... extraordinary athletes in dedicated pursuit of basketball perfection.    team first...   defense first....    Celtics Basketball.

Sections
Shortcuts