Arrogant

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Arrogant

In Response to Re: Arrogant:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : Impressive. But you have to bring all that against ONE private university...and USC still holds their own against them academically AND athletically.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Are you a graduate of USC Q?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : Impressive. But you have to bring all that against ONE private university...and USC still holds their own against them academically AND athletically.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

You really think USC is in the same league as Harvard and MIT?

Get educated man.  Seriously.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Harvard  Number 1
    MIT Number 7

USC  Number 23  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : I guess I was generalising a bit with that comment in regards to student/athletes. Actors and entertainers are one thing. Was looking at the Alumni who have graduated from USC. Some impressive names there. LA schools have had some good student/athletes who have really earned that title. Kareem and Bill Walton come immediately to mind. The main basis for me is a school is doing well is how many students are actually graduating and where they end up after graduation. Was more thinking of the player that goes to UNC or any other BIG sports college/university and plays basketball for 1 or two years and then jumps to the NBA. Not saying that they're not a good student. But they're not really there to earn a degree.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Yes, USC has a very impressive list of alumni and they're not just in the entertainment industry. They've had a few who came there as a stepping stone to the pro's (O.J. Mayo quickly comes to mind), but many of the athlete's DO come back and finish their degree.

I'm proud to say that my daughter received her degree from USC in Biomedical Engineering and she is doing very well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]HAHAHA!!! Re: Hornets PUNCH Laker Trolls in Grill!!! posted at 4/17/2011 9:08 PM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=a35d18f4bdecd0a829f1c37f39e8912a&plckUserId=a35d18f4bdecd0a829f1c37f39e8912a " /> Qdaddy Posts: 589 First: 1/15/2010 Last: 5/5/2011 In Response to  Hornets PUNCH Laker Trolls in Grill!!! : HAHAHA!!! Posted by Fiercest34 Why am I not surprised that the first poster on the Lakers loss is Sybil. I'm sure that some of you think we're crying about this loss. We're not.  Like last year, we stumbled in the early rounds. So, how did the Lakers fare in the end? As all of you are painfully aware, the Lakers beat down the C's in 7 and brought home that 16th banner. (I always enjoy reminding all of you about that.) The only thing that this loss does is give a little fodder to this (and others) forum about the Laker's demise...how their reign is over. The Lakers played like crap and deserved this loss. They'll be back in the film room tomorrow and come back more determined to close this series out. Need I remind all of you that the Lakers SWEPT the season series against the Hornets.  So, enjoy it while you can, get all your pot shots in...and then reality will set in for all of you and the Hornets. I'm gonna have another margarita.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Nice try Sybil. Unlike you, I have a WIDE variety of likes and margarita's with Mexican food is one of them. I don't apologize to you or anyone for that fact.

If you ever come out to the west coast, you might try it. I don't doubt that your expereience with Mexican food is limited to Taco Bell. Too bad...you don't know what you're missing. BTW, margaritas are made with Tequila...the Devil's drink! That's probably a little too strong for you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]I think USC is a great School but REALLY?
    Posted by genaro008[/QUOTE]

It seems pretty good from what I've just been reading about it. UCLA and USC seem to compliment one another well.

Still, if I lived in SoCal I'd have driven up the highway and attended Stanford. My brother attended Stanford (and UBC) and just kept on raving about how good it was. I would probably have more fun at USC or UCLA though!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : Are you a graduate of USC Q?

No, my undergraduate is from Southern Illinois (Carbondale). My graduate degree is from a small college in St. Louis. I consider myself a pretty intelligent guy, but my daughter is 10 times smarter than me. She had a full adacemic scholarship and finished her degree in 4 years.

But I grew up in LA and have followed all the area teams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE] I'm proud to say that my daughter received her degree from USC in Biomedical Engineering and she is doing very well.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

That's so cool! I'd be proud as well if I were you. My major is Biology at Sydney University. Hard work but worth it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : Nice try Sybil. Unlike you, I have a WIDE variety of likes and margarita's with Mexican food is one of them. I don't apologize to you or anyone for that fact. If you ever come out to the west coast, you might try it. I don't doubt that your expereience with Mexican food is limited to Taco Bell. Too bad...you don't know what you're missing. BTW, margaritas are made with Tequila...the Devil's drink! That's probably a little too strong for you.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Tequila sunrise isn't bad as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]1. John Adams 2. John Quincy Adams 3. Rutherford B. Hayes 4. Theodore Roosevelt 5. Franklin Delano Roosevelt 6. John F. Kennedy  7. George Walker Bush 8. Barack Obama Harvard Grads

genaro, I didn't know Obama was a Harvard grad. Impressiv list. Here's ours:

Neil Armstrong (astronaut)
    Wally Schirra (astronaut)
    Tex Winter (Hall of fame inductee, developed Triangle offense)
    Dr. Jerry Buss (owner of the Lakers)
    Barron Hilton (chairman of Hilton Hotel chain)
    John Carpenter (movie director)
    Ron Howard (Opie, and Oscar winning Director)
    Herb Alpert (musician, co-founder of A&M Records)
    Lionel Hampton (world renowned jazz musician)
    John Wayne (Oscar winning actor)
    Warren Christopher (U.S. Secretary of State)
    General Norman Schwarzkopf (4 star general)

This is just a SMALL list. I didn't list the many athlete's and gold medal winning Olympian's, but you'd know most of the names.

Anyway, while we don't have any President's, USC's alumni are well known throughout the world of sports, entertainment, business, politics, academia and the military.

We could debate this all day, but I think I've made my point. USC is able to combine superior academics with excellence in sports. That's why we take great pride in their accomplishments along with the professional sporting teams.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : No, my undergraduate is from Southern Illinois (Carbondale). My graduate degree is from a small college in St. Louis. I consider myself a pretty intelligent guy, but my daughter is 10 times smarter than me. She had a full adacemic scholarship and finished her degree in 4 years. But I grew up in LA and have followed all the area teams.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

Smile she'd probably think of you as being the smart one though! I still see my dad as being a lot wiser to the world than what I am. I guess I had better academic performance than he did. I hope I wisen up more each year. I need it!

LA is a nice enough place, I don't get why people put it down all the time. It has it's downside but I've always enjoyed myself everytime I've been there. Santa Monica is beautiful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : You really think USC is in the same league as Harvard and MIT? Get educated man.  Seriously.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

You're right, neither Harvard nor MIT hold a candle to USC when it comes to academics and athletics. USC graduates are world renowned. Nobody disputes Harvard's or MIT's academics. But since this is a "sports forum", both of those schools are third tier when it comes to academics and sports.

Remind me...how many gold medal winning athlete's have Harvard or MIT produced?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Harvard  Number 1 MIT Number 7 USC  Number 23  

I challenge you to name any of those schools ahead of USC who have won more Olympic gold medals or have more NFL Hall of Famer's.

While USC may not be #1 or even #7, they combine academics AND athletics. They're #23 in academics and #2 in NCAA championships.

I think you just lost this argument.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : It seems pretty good from what I've just been reading about it. UCLA and USC seem to compliment one another well. Still, if I lived in SoCal I'd have driven up the highway and attended Stanford. My brother attended Stanford (and UBC) and just kept on raving about how good it was. I would probably have more fun at USC or UCLA though!

genaro just doesn't know...he, like other easterners look "down their nose" at USC and other schools.  USC is one of the great private universities right up there with the Ivy League schools and MIT. Stanford is another great university and they actually rank higher than USC academically. They're another school that combines academics and athletics. In fact, they're the #3 winningest program in the NCAA. (It pains me to say this, but UCLA is #1.)

All 3 are very good schools and their students all seem to have a really good time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : That's so cool! I'd be proud as well if I were you. My major is Biology at Sydney University. Hard work but worth it.

Yes it is. You'll never regret your decision to put in that extra effort to get your degree. Me and my children (one son and one daughter) have completed our degrees, but I'm most proud of my wife. She was a high school drop out...and she finished her undergraduate degree. She was afraid to tell my children, but when they heard that, they were just as proud of her as I was. THAT's an accomplishment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : she'd probably think of you as being the smart one though! I still see my dad as being a lot wiser to the world than what I am. I guess I had better academic performance than he did. I hope I wisen up more each year. I need it! LA is a nice enough place, I don't get why people put it down all the time. It has it's downside but I've always enjoyed myself everytime I've been there. Santa Monica is beautiful.

I think she thinks I'm wiser because of my life's experiences. I, like your dad, try to impart that knowledge to my children so they don't make the same stupid mistakes I've made in life. My daughter sees that, my son...he's another story.

A lot of people put down LA because they don't have a good "come back" to valid points that are made. You see it all the time...rapists, smog, traffic jams, crime...that's the type of response you get when they don't have a solid argument. I take it all with a grain of salt. Like Sybil...he doesn't ususally have a good argument, so he'll post about Kobe being a rapist, or the area being crime ridden. The type of stuff you see from adolescents.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Good fight back Qdaddy.  Impressive.  You are way better than that stupid Fakers-Nation guy.

However, you need to include the cheating and sanctions along with your NCAA championship arguments regarding USC. I appreciate your fervor regarding USC but I agree with many posters that it falls a little short of a place where I would send my kids as a first preference.

Having said that, please accept my good wishes for the Lakers pulling this series out.  There is nothing like a Lakers and Celtics finals to bring fans and audience to basketball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportingGoods. Show SportingGoods's posts

omg this is such a long thread and i cant believe
    no one mentioned that LA is like in mexico by now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : I think she thinks I'm wiser because of my life's experiences. I, like your dad, try to impart that knowledge to my children so they don't make the same stupid mistakes I've made in life. My daughter sees that, my son...he's another story. A lot of people put down LA because they don't have a good "come back" to valid points that are made. You see it all the time...rapists, smog, traffic jams, crime...that's the type of response you get when they don't have a solid argument. I take it all with a grain of salt. Like Sybil...he doesn't ususally have a good argument, so he'll post about Kobe being a rapist, or the area being crime ridden. The type of stuff you see from adolescents.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

You said it yourself, LA has rapists, smog, traffic jams, crime, etc. So why is it that when people call Kobe a rapist you say it's not a good argument? 

Kobe is from LA and like you said LA has its share of rapists. Don't tell me Kobe is exempted because he plays for the Lakers?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

And the devil's drink is tequila, not margarita. Just like the Minneapolis Lakers is not the LA Lakers. 

You don't see a group of guys in a bar drinking margaritas. It's a ladies drink for crying out loud! LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : genaro just doesn't know...he, like other easterners look "down their nose" at USC and other schools.  USC is one of the great private universities right up there with the Ivy League schools and MIT. Stanford is another great university and they actually rank higher than USC academically. They're another school that combines academics and athletics. In fact, they're the #3 winningest program in the NCAA. (It pains me to say this, but UCLA is #1.) All 3 are very good schools and their students all seem to have a really good time.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

How is that inferiority complex working for you? I look down at you and the west coast?  Dude check what forum you are in this is a Boston forum. You are the one who comes here with your obnoxious comments about our city. I feel bad you must have penal envy and live vicariously through him Kobe explanation I can come up with.  Rape anyone you want and all is forgiven just get a ring.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

Qdaddy, your "life's security is more important than sports" is unbelievably transparent. It typifies the insecurity that comes with folks who brag about "going on a Boston site to harrass the green" and completely make a fool out of themselves. Nobody asked or invited you to come here to harrass folks, nor do most folks buy into your peace over competition comments. In fact, if you had any loyalty to the Lakers you would not be waving the white flag until the last win by Dallas. I'm an avid Celtics fan who would never go into a Laker fans home to humilate them, nor do I think the Lakers are out of the competition. However, your quick switch to the humanitarian role after the insults you have thrown around is not going to fool the majority. If you really want to teach your children a great lesson in life, offer your apologies for entering a known home of the majority with venom, and then pack your bags and head back home the LA Times site. The good Celtics fans and good Lakers fans deserve that respect.

By the way, your conduct here is also not a credit to the fine school you claim to have attended.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Arrogant : genaro just doesn't know...he, like other easterners look "down their nose" at USC and other schools.  USC is one of the great private universities right up there with the Ivy League schools and MIT. Stanford is another great university and they actually rank higher than USC academically. They're another school that combines academics and athletics. In fact, they're the #3 winningest program in the NCAA. (It pains me to say this, but UCLA is #1.) All 3 are very good schools and their students all seem to have a really good time.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]
    Being a Notre Dame fan we refer to the Trojans as the University of Spoiled Children.

Sections
Shortcuts