Arrogant

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Re: Arrogant

In Response to Arrogant:
    Hmmm...I prefer "arrogant". We can be "arrogant". But we've earned it with the success of our pro and college sports teams. Re: Leastern conference playoffs-what a joke! posted at 4/23/2011 7:16 PM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=a35d18f4bdecd0a829f1c37f39e8912a&plckUserId=a35d18f4bdecd0a829f1c37f39e8912a " /> Qdaddy Posts: 517 First: 1/15/2010 Last: 4/23/2011 In Response to  Re: Leastern conference playoffs-what a joke! : Leastern conference.... You pitiful smug LA fan... wait all LA people are smug and pifitiful.... my bad.. continue.... Posted by Getzo Hmmm...I prefer "arrogant". We can be "arrogant". But we've earned it with the success of our pro and college sports teams.
    Posted by Fiercest34

And your point is....?

Yeah, I said it. Name another city with the championships that L.A. has?

The Lakers, Dodgers, Angels and Raiders all won championships in our city.

The UCLA Bruins and USC Trojans are the #1 and #2 winningest schools in NCAA history. BTW another Pac-12 school, Stanford is #3. I didn't even mention Pepperdine or Cal State Fullerton...oh wait, I just did.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Dodgers 6                               Red Sox 7
    Lakers 11                                Celtics 17
    Angels 1                                 Braves 1 
    Eaiders 1                                Bruins 5
    Rams 1                                  Patriots 3

LA 20                                    Boston 33

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Now we went from Basketball to Pro sports now college I guess we will be adding blue ribbons in Science fairs next.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Arrogant:
    Now we went from Basketball to Pro sports now college I guess we will be adding blue ribbons in Science fairs next.
    Posted by genaro008

LOL, that was funny. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I posted this in another thread but here it is 'qdaddy'

Dude are you serious????? No one gives a crap about college sports, and all your football teams keep leaving.  Your baseball team cannot pay their bills, and the other baseball team is going no where.

You have three hockey teams, the Kings being the closest I presume are also not going anywhere. 

That leaves Lakers who have had success, but that's about it.  Arrogant and earned it????... you earned the the label smug, because LA is a downfall of America and represents why people outside of America hate us. 

We have 2 World Series Titles(Possible more to come), 3 Superbowls(Possible more to come), The Bruins are up 3-2 vs Montreal and are favorites and are buil;t for a long run, our old timer C's are making a case this year and have won a chmapionshhip which I amk sure you know about.....  We earned it.....

You have been owned sir..... the very only thing you can talk about is the lakjers are that's it.  We have 4 playoff teams year in and out. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Arrogant : Name another city where sports stars get away with murder and rape.
    Posted by Kirk6

It sickens me how Kobe, an obvious homophobe and admitted adulterer, who says the act of ejaculating on the faces of the women he takes advantage of and cheats on his wife with is 'kinda my thing' gets to parade his daughters around press confrences and be treated like NBA royalty instead of the piece of trash human being he 100% is. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Arrogant : It sickens me how Kobe, an obvious homophobe and admitted adulterer, who says the act of ejaculating on the faces of the women he takes advantage of and cheats on his wife with is 'kinda my thing' gets to parade his daughters around press confrences and be treated like NBA royalty instead of the piece of trash human being he 100% is. 
    Posted by rameakap

What goes around comes around.... he'll have to deal with his demons sometime.  I would not be surprsied.... I won't even go there... but God knows when your acting, and he knows your true intentions....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Consider also in that list of championships. Los Angeles is a far bigger with many more franchises that have never won anything.  Two basketball teams (Lakers and Clippers).
    Two baseball teams(Dodgers and Angels).  They had two pro football teams(Rams and Raiders) and two hockey teams(KIngs and Mighty Ducks).  Even with several more pro franchises they cannot even come close to competing.

You bring these things up Q and really dig yourself deeper and deeper.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Hey, here's an idea. Lets do a tally on the number of Nobel Prizes earned by people in LA compared to Boston.

Maybe that will settle this childish accounting game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Dodgers 6                               Red Sox 7 Lakers 11                                Celtics 17 Angels 1                                 Braves 1  Eaiders 1                                Bruins 5 Rams 1                                  Patriots 3 LA 20                                    Boston 33                                 
    Posted by genaro008

The Dodgers won 5 in La. One in Brooklyn(1955)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

LA likes to take credit for another towns titles.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Tj,
    There is nothing wrong with setting obnoxious Los Angeles boosters straight about the truth regarding sports teams.  This is after all a sports forum and it is a Celtics BB.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I hear a collective thud in Laker nation and none of them have the balls to show up after a loss

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

A fan has no real right to be arrogant due to a team that they support has a lot of success. I don't get why it would be the case.

The arrogrance belongs to the players who have played a part in the success, not the fans.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Dodgers 6                               Red Sox 7 Lakers 11                                Celtics 17 Angels 1                                 Braves 1  Eaiders 1                                Bruins 5 Rams 1                                  Patriots 3 LA 20                                    Boston 33                                 
    Posted by genaro008

I guess that eastern education isn't worth much. Your math is off. The Lakers, as has been pointed out so often, own 16 titles. The Raiders 2. And of course you didn't want to include any college championships because your city has nothing more than a few Hockey titles.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

In Response to Re: Arrogant : Name another city where sports stars get away with murder and rape.
    Posted by Kirk6

Easy Sydney Australia.

Particularly our Rugby League 'stars'. Rape, Assault (a fair bit of this is on women I have to add), Buggery, theft, gambling on games, drunk driving, drug possession and trafficking, use of 'recreational' drugs and rampant PED use.

One guy in particular named Greg Bird is a serial offender when it comes to violence against women. And it will be only a matter of time I feel until he permanently maims or kills a woman. Really, he is nothing but scum. And he keeps on getting away with the assaults. Sends a great message to the community.

And more often than not they get away with it as well. As these guys are treated like gods.

Usually they're just twats who can't string a couple of simple sentences together, or if they can they're full of cliche.

Been no murder/s yet.

Players from Rugby League and to a lesser extent Australian Rules Football are always creating controversy with their actions and turning a lot of fans away from the game, mainly league fans.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

I posted this in another thread but here it is 'qdaddy' Dude are you serious????? No one gives a crap about college sports, and all your football teams keep leaving.  Your baseball team cannot pay their bills, and the other baseball team is going no where. You have three hockey teams, the Kings being the closest I presume are also not going anywhere.  That leaves Lakers who have had success, but that's about it.  Arrogant and earned it????... you earned the the label smug, because LA is a downfall of America and represents why people outside of America hate us.  We have 2 World Series Titles(Possible more to come), 3 Superbowls(Possible more to come), The Bruins are up 3-2 vs Montreal and are favorites and are buil;t for a long run, our old timer C's are making a case this year and have won a chmapionshhip which I amk sure you know about.....  We earned it..... You have been owned sir..... the very only thing you can talk about is the lakjers are that's it.  We have 4 playoff teams year in and out. 
    Posted by Getzo

You don't care about college sports because, basically the city of Boston SUCKS at college athletics. We, on the other hand, excel at both pro AND college sports. As far as football, you guys should worry. When and if they build a stadium, they'll bring a team in...and you never know, the Pat's  might want a better deal.

Don't worry about our teams...Boston is a second tier city when it comes to sports. The C's best day are clearly in the past and the Lakers will pass them in total championships...if not this year, soon.

Sections
Shortcuts