Arroya Needs More Time on the Floor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Arroya Needs More Time on the Floor

He convinced me last nite that he needs playing time.  He looked like he fit right in.  Made two good throws to team mates for assists, (one was blocked)  Didn't hesitate on his shot and made a couple.  Didn't hold on to the ball and dribble 20 seconds of the clock.  His defense definitely wasn't any worse than someone else I know.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Arroya Needs More Time on the Floor

but he won't get more minutes.  doc is using arroyo as ray allen's back up right now and not much else.  rondo should be on the pine healing up whatever is hurt now.  could be "MPH" from the perkins trade.  whatever it is.  give rondo 30 mins a night and arroyo 18.  straight up.  30+18=48. 

and then arroyo can play another 10 minutes a night spelling ray.  let's do it.  the guy has good fundamentals and doesn't make a lot of mistakes.

somehow krstic can fit right in, so can arroyo, he's an experienced vet, been around the block. 

something tells me we will never see 18 mins of arroyo a night at the point though....  he runs the risk of functioning better than someone you know.  and then what happens?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosToNFan-inLA. Show BosToNFan-inLA's posts

Arroyo did have a nice debut last night, but he won't see much playing time when Delonte comes back.  We really miss Delonte's presence running the point behind Rondo.  If he is running Arroyo behind Ray then maybe he will receive more time at that position, especially if Von doesn't come back anytime soon.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

agree. no reason he cant play 20 min.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I don't know that we can predict what Doc will do.  I bet he's still experimenting and after a good performance by Arroyo, he may be willing to give him some PG minutes with the starters.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I am not sure about the Delonte.  He has had about 1 good game this year, and we really missed his running the second team?   Arroya is a true PT Guard, Delonte isn't.   Delonte needs to play 2 guard and Arroya Pt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im just hoping DW can get back on the court without breaking something else

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4681524/arroyo-an-immediate-leader#more

interesting reinforcing point on arroyo!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxMan1520. Show BoSoxMan1520's posts

Heard Doc on WEEI this morning saying that Arroyo only knows how to run out of 3 offensive sets.  I assume the longer he's with the team, the more he will understand and the more minutes he will be able to contribute.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Doc won't play Arroyo enough. His history of distributing minutes confirms this.

Sad, really. This is an old team and it needs rest. I'm afraid Doc is running his starters into the ground. Look no further than last year. 

Play the heck out of these new guys: they're darn good, make this team much younger and aggressive, can slash to the paint and get fouled. I love seeing the speed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

There is a smell of desperation in these forums

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

I was impressed with him last night.  I am hoping it only gets better.  I need to see him in a couple more games to be 100% confident in him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In Response to Re: Arroya Needs More Time on the Floor:
    [QUOTE]There is a smell of desperation in these forums

JHC!!  Will you stop the whining!  Go outside and smell the roses through your glazed over glasses.  I for one enjoy the perspecives, analysis, debate and opinions on what we may be doing wrong and how we can improve. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Give him West minutes...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

i dont want to be too negative,but mo williams hit way too many threes. part of that falls on arroyo. he was solid offensively though. hopefully these new guys can pick up on the defensive portion of things soon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Arroya Needs More Time on the Floor:
    [QUOTE]i dont want to be too negative,but mo williams hit way too many threes. part of that falls on arroyo. he was solid offensively though. hopefully these new guys can pick up on the defensive portion of things soon.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

Rondo was guarding Mo Williams, not Arroyo. You didn't see Rondo foul Mo Will taking a 3pt shot?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

let's wait for sunday... west and baby should be back!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I dont think DW or BBD will be back Sunday according to the article on BDC today.

Sections
Shortcuts