Arroyo Honeymoon Over?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Arroyo Honeymoon Over?

Good for a couple nights...but now he just a jump off...lol

I love how everybody thought he was the savior and wanted him to start over Rondo.  Lets hope R.R. can continue his good shooting from last game.

I think we've seen the last of him.  He was either just a fill-in until West got back or he regressed too much from his first 2 games,...but I noticed it and I guess Doc did too.  No big deal.  I like West playing pg anyway.  He is tem times better than Arroyo. Shortening the rotation got us a win, but I would like to see some more of Murphy tonight just to spell K.G.....dont miss Arroyo too much..  If?when Wafer gets back, he will backup Ray, Sash for Pierce and West for Rondo...Bench is very verstatile

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Arroyo Honeymoon Over?

Arroyo is a fill in player..hes pretty steady and can contribute here and there. It seems clear DOc wants West integrated asap.. he's the backup PG and Arroyo is still valuable insurance but thats about it. 

We picked up Arroyo when DW was still out and Rondo was playing like garbage. So he definitely filled a need. With West back and hopefully Rondo getting his game together, Arroyo prob the odd man out.... lets see what unfolds

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I think Doc is going to start shortening the rotation. In close games I think he only uses Green, BBD and West off the bench.

The dilemma is how and when to play Green and/or BBD.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think a lot of that depends on who we have available on the bench.  If we can come in with shaq, davis, green, and west, then we could probably run that group with either Pierce or more likely Ray at the 2.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Guys like Paul and Ray can play more minutes as long as they arent being asked to do much.  Sometimes just having them on the floor is valuable.  J.Green is a thoroughbred.  Guy runs like a deer.  He is like a walking matchup problem.  I have now seen him overpower SF's, and outquick pf's, but when he can post up centers..(abliet it was B.Miller)  you know you are a problem.  Shortened rotation means...No Wafe or Sash, and West backing up Ray and Rondo, and having Green come in for K.G., after a few minutes he moves to SF, as P goes to the bench, while West moves from 1 to 2.  SO many options...now if we can just get our frontcourt people healthy....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Arroyo is not done.  it wa just a shortened rotation against the Hornets.  Look to see more Arroyo tonight.  Rondo/RA need the rest anyways.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

In Response to Arroyo Honeymoon Over?:
    [QUOTE]Good for a couple nights...but now he just a jump off...lol I love how everybody thought he was the savior and wanted him to start over Rondo.  Lets hope R.R. can continue his good shooting from last game. I think we've seen the last of him.  He was either just a fill-in until West got back or he regressed too much from his first 2 games,...but I noticed it and I guess Doc did too.  No big deal.  I like West playing pg anyway.  He is tem times better than Arroyo. Shortening the rotation got us a win, but I would like to see some more of Murphy tonight just to spell K.G.....dont miss Arroyo too much..  If?when Wafer gets back, he will backup Ray, Sash for Pierce and West for Rondo...Bench is very verstatile
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    Sasha is gone once the playoffs come off the bench itll  be West, Wafer, Green, BBD, Nenad

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I think if enough players are available when the playoffs begin that Doc will increase the number of players in the rotation as compared to last season during the playoffs. J.O'neal is expected back anytime and hopefully he won't go back on the injury list. You can bet Doc will work him into the rotation. Baby, Green and Delonte are obviously no brainers for the rotation. I'm curious how J.O and Krystic can both be in the rotation. They're both too good to sit, however they're both centers. One has to sit if both are healthy.
        Wafer deserves to be on the playoff roster. Doc may not see it that way. Who else does Doc keep for the playoff roster? Murphy, Sasha, Bradley, Wafer, Arroyo? Only 2 can make it. I assume that Bradley is out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I think out of those 5 , you gotta go with Murphy and Wafer.  I give the nod to Wafe because he is really a 2, and Green is really Paul's backup 1st and Kevins 2nd.

K.G. is not really effective if playing more than 24-28 minutes.  I see him getting tired quicker these days...so keeping Murph is imperative IMO...so although I like Sasha'a exp and size, he may be odd man out...if West gets hurt in playoffs, then you can add Arroyo, but I dont think he is in the rotation with a healthy Delonte most likely giving you 20 -25 minutes at the 1 and 2.  Wafer only comes in if Ray is in foul trouble and West is at the 1.

I think if we DID have a healthy Shaq, Fishsticks and JON, then you just have to be happy to have that problem....their health(which will vary every night) will determine who plays when and all that...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Arroyo Honeymoon Over?:

[QUOTE]I think if enough players are available when the playoffs begin that Doc will increase the number of players in the rotation as compared to last season during the playoffs. J.O'neal is expected back anytime and hopefully he won't go back on the injury list. You can bet Doc will work him into the rotation. Baby, Green and Delonte are obviously no brainers for the rotation. I'm curious how J.O and Krystic can both be in the rotation. They're both too good to sit, however they're both centers. One has to sit if both are healthy.     Wafer deserves to be on the playoff roster. Doc may not see it that way. Who else does Doc keep for the playoff roster? Murphy, Sasha, Bradley, Wafer, Arroyo? Only 2 can make it. I assume that Bradley is out.

Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

-

Uh huh, that's what I'm talking about.  Good points.

I disagree with the premises of this thread that Arroyo is gone, no good, etc. etc.  because it is obviously written by an Arroyo hater, but since he is new to me, and I've liked his play so far since joining the team, I prefer to keep an open mind.  Everyone is capable of change and of stepping up when called upon and the Celtic culture has often had a positive impact on players.  So, on Arroyo, I say, let's wait and see.

But Mem has raised an interesting question with regards to the roster.

Out of the five named above, I'd go with Murph and Arroyo and cut the others.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

shortened rotation? Not until the payoffs. these final games are meaningless other than get healthy and everyone on the same page.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Re: Arroyo Honeymoon Over?:
    [QUOTE]Murphy is one of the worst players I have ever seen. He mades me wish for Greg Kite.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Really? probably you have not watched many games.Murphy is a very good player,he will help the celtics.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]Good for a couple nights...but now he just a jump off...lol I love how everybody thought he was the savior and wanted him to start over Rondo.  Lets hope R.R. can continue his good shooting from last game. I think we've seen the last of him.  He was either just a fill-in until West got back or he regressed too much from his first 2 games,...but I noticed it and I guess Doc did too.  No big deal.  I like West playing pg anyway.  He is tem times better than Arroyo. Shortening the rotation got us a win, but I would like to see some more of Murphy tonight just to spell K.G.....dont miss Arroyo too much..  If?when Wafer gets back, he will backup Ray, Sash for Pierce and West for Rondo...Bench is very verstatile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

I think that Arroyo was brought in as a insurance in case West goes down again I,m sure that he undestand that.He looked good every time he came in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Arroyo is #3 at the point. Insurance only.

The play-off rotation will not be set until Doc gets to see JO and Shaq play some minutes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from richardkc. Show richardkc's posts

troy is a good player..a little rusty .....he will help the celtics once playoff starts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

how many times i told you
      Arroyo-Murphy-Shasha are rejects!!!

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts