Arroyo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Arroyo?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6171168

Now that Arroyo will be released - is he worth a look?  It would be nice to add a point guard, especially with Delonte's ongoing health problems. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: Arroyo?

he loves to shoot..I say no...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I say stick with going after Brewer and Kapono.

Arroyo would be a short term fix. Sign some guys that we can keep around for 2-3 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

If the Celtics can't land TJ Ford, Jason Kapono, or Corey Brewer, then Carlos Arroyo isn't a bad choice as a third string guard. He's fast, he shoots 43% from the field, and he knows the Miami system. This could help the Celtics gain a strategic advantage if the teams meet in the playoffs. Never discount the revenge factor either. I bet he'd light the Heat up for releasing him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

bring him in. he can get the ball up the court. he may not be the best all around player, but the celtics have a very specific need.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

I like Brewer for sure, but wouldnt a backup PG be more important than a no defense - shooter like Kupono? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Ray has a rough handle. I love him, like maybe too much. I agree that Pierce can handle the role, but it is not ideal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

with Fs PP, KG, BBD, green, murphy and JON on the roster, i'd say the biggest need right now is a backup for rondo. if for some reason he went down, we'd be screwed. regardless of shooting ability, we need a PG who can bring the ball up and distribute to all the scorers on this team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Carlos Arroyo is an 80% free throw shooter. He might be a better choice than Rondo during the desperation foul phase of a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

In Response to Re: Arroyo?:
    Carlos Arroyo is an 80% free throw shooter. He might be a better choice than Rondo during the desperation foul phase of a game.
    Posted by davidap

A great point. I trust him handling the ball and shooting free throws.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

On offensive-defensive switches at the end of quarters, Rivers could put in a lineup of Murphy, Green, Pierce, Arroyo and Allen. Maybe Wafer and West could be in that mix as well.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of adding Arroyo. Kaktug makes a salient point. The Celtics really don't have a classic backup 1. West is more of a 2 and can't seem to stay healthy. As much as I like Bradley, he's not ready to be a starting or backup PG for a title team. Arroyo would be good insurance, if the Celtics cannot sign Ford instead.

Keep in mind that signing Arroyo doesn't mean the Celtics can't also sign Brewer or Kapono. Once the Celtics have all their bigs healthy, they won't need Chris Johnson. Between Shaquille O'Neal, Jermaine O'Neal, Nenad Krstic and Troy Murphy, where would Johnson get any minutes? Brewer would be of greater value because the Celtics could insert him into the second unit when they need to contain a scorer like LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, or Luol Deng. I love Von Wafer's effort on defense, but he's more of an offensive player.

Kapono is a sharp shooter who could be this year's 2008 version of Eddie House. He'd help get Ray Allen some more rest. Then again, this Celtics team might be giving up too much on the defensive end and it's defense that wins championships.

I'll be satisfied if the Celtics sign any two out of the following four: Brewer, Kapono, Ford, Arroyo. All of them would help in different ways.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Arroyo?:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6171168 Now that Arroyo will be released - is he worth a look?  It would be nice to add a point guard, especially with Delonte's ongoing health problems. 
    Posted by rbrock911

We don't have any use for a point guard that can run, shoot from the floor, shoot from 3, shoot from the line, rebound, and pass.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Arroyo?:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6171168 Now that Arroyo will be released - is he worth a look?  It would be nice to add a point guard, especially with Delonte's ongoing health problems. 
    Posted by rbrock911

p.s. one of the things that most are not even considering is that Danny has to make sure he adds no long term payroll so that there is at least even a remote possibility that he can replace the BIG 3 and not leave the Cs as the Cavs in a couple of years when he says "later vaqueros time to go play golf"....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports/2011/03/01/carlos-arroyo-dumped-miami-heat/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In Response to Re: Arroyo?:
    In Response to Arroyo? : We don't have any use for a point guard that can run, shoot from the floor, shoot from 3, shoot from the line, rebound, and pass.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Who while playing with 3 hall of famers only managed 2 assists and 5 points a game. Must have been pacing himself unlike Rondo, right? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'd rather Arroyo than Bibby. I'd rather have Arroyo over Curry too,who I heard the Celts were looking at. Curry would have to guarantee he had his head surgically removed from his a s s before I would have anything to do with him I'm rooting for a Powe return though it's looking to be not likely. I don't they'll pick up three because they have to have roster space for the ONeals and only have one more guy Bradley,to leave off the PO roster. It,s good to have options.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Heat dumped Arroyo, he has an ax to grind. I'm sure he wants to get back at the Heat. Not a bad idea to sign someone highly motivated to beat the Heat.

Sections
Shortcuts