Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs:
    What he did was uncalled for.  The league should consider ending this guys career once and for all.  He's out of control.  Any player who threatens anothers livelihood shouldn't be allowed to play in the league....hopefully the league has the guts to hand it to this coward once and for all.  It's sick to see how many people actually condone this saying "Metta's back!".  We don't need another Tomjanovich incident.  Hopefully Harden is okay.  Maybe it's Metta's twisted way of keeping Harden from participating in the playoffs.  It's not the Lakers, they can win without this kind of crap.  It's Artest.  The league doesn't need this kind of play.
    Posted by DRadja

And 1!  Totally agree.

As Always,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

This jerk is just one in a clan of many thugs on that team: Bynum - thug who likes to forearm small players in the ribs Barnes - wife beater Kobe - elbow throwing rapist Artest - 'nuf said
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan

Very true.  Great post!

As Always,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

For the "delusional".  This is from today's LA Times - a LAKERS journalist: http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-la-metta-world-peace-deserves-lengthy-suspension-20120423,0,4732703.story?track=rss Want to know one thing I learned from reading this article?  This man has had FOURTEEN previous suspensions!!!  14!  He has been given more chances than Steve Howe!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

There are some in LA that recognize the severity of the offense that Artest committed.  The article is commendable and makes no excuses for the viciousness of the act.  Even the poll at the end of the article shows there are some in LA that recognize just how egregious Artest's actions were.  Good post!

As Always,

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Artest is and always has been a thug.  A guy like this never really learns his lesson and only backs down when force is met by force.
    Back in the day I'd like to see him pull that against the Blazers with Maurice Lucas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

This guy needs to go.....the NBA is no place for a thug like him!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerTaylor. Show RogerTaylor's posts

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : not enough.....5 is minimum imo......no place for that stuff in this league.....this was similar to bynum's classless elbowing of barea's ribcage in last years playoffs.
    Posted by redsoxfan94

The NBA needs to send a strong message to prevent this stuff from going on in the future............5 games? not enough....hit him in the wallet, hit the team in the wallet.....community service, anger mgt??????? 

Yell

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rumor is spreading in LA that it will be a minimum of 5 games - similar to Bynum's  - and could be as high as 10, which would take him out of most of the second round!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : **************************** The NBA needs to send a strong message to prevent this stuff from going on in the future............5 games? not enough....hit him in the wallet, hit the team in the wallet.....community service, anger mgt??????? 
    Posted by RogerTaylor

This most likely will not cost MWP too much money.
    He will probably lose the salary for only 1 game.

The money they make from the playoffs is very small in comparison to their regular season salaries.

The NBA cannot dictate or demand any type of community service.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : Made up rumor. No credibility.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

You think it wont be more than 5? that was pretty nasty man.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs":
    Rumor is spreading in LA that it will be a minimum of 5 games - similar to Bynum's  - and could be as high as 10, which would take him out of most of the second round!! Posted by Red-16Russ-11
    He'll be lucky if it's only 5 games. I think it's gonna be at least 5-10 games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : Made up rumor. No credibility.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Kamenetsky Bros - 710 ESPN - 2-4 show - eat it!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

All-Time top NBA Cheap Shots and Fights:
    Any surprise the top 4 belong to Lakers players?
    1 - Kermit Washington
    2 - Ron Artest
    3 - Andrew Bynum
    4 - Ron Artest

Give the lakers credit for sniffing out the thugs of world.

http://www.bnd.com/2012/04/23/2152051/a-top-10-hit-list-in-nba-history.html

Model Laker citizens I'd say.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Some of the rhetoric on the Celtic board reflects just how strong the animous is toward the Lakers. Look, Harden got into Ron's space and was tapping him with a clenched fist before Ron reacted. It was an effort to try & interfere with Artest's celebration for dunking on 3 Thunder players.

If Harden doesn't try to interfere with Ron's celebration, there would be no discussion. If it would have been Durant getting into Ron's space, the elbow would have been to the chest rather than the neck. But rationality goes out the window.

Kobe gets clocked at the All-Star game, ends up with a broken nose & concussion. Where was the screams for Wade to be executed then? If anything, Wade made it a point to say that he was sorry for what happened but added, I will not apologize beyond this one time.

The game was physical & the refs were calling it in favor of the Thunder, especially those 2 phantom fouls called against Blake at the end.

Love stepping on Scola's face & the recent Blake Griffin neck injury--no suspensions. But it's Metta so he'll be the fall guy. Buy the way, I thought the league overreated against Bynum as well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I like the fact that so far, the NBA hasnt given a punishment out yet...

The sooner the regular season ends, the better ..removing meaningless reg season games  as a means to punish him.

Perhaps they are waiting to see the result of Hardens injury.. 

IF the Lakers had a brain they'd suspend Artest themselves, pendinf the NBA punishment, thereby forcing these meaningless reg season games to maybe be counted  as punishment.

If it was up to me, I'd boot Artest for all the playoffs at a minimum and fine him huge.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I like the fact that so far, the NBA hasnt given a punishment out yet... The sooner the regular season ends, the better ..removing meaningless reg season games  as a means to punish him. Perhaps they are waiting to see the result of Hardens injury..  IF the Lakers had a brain they'd suspend Artest themselves, pendinf the NBA punishment, thereby forcing these meaningless reg season games to maybe be counted  as punishment. If it was up to me, I'd boot Artest for all the playoffs at a minimum and fine him huge.
    Posted by Karllost

Yeah that would be a good idea to let Celtics fans decide how long his suspension is...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Artest, Bynum, Odum.  Do the Lakers teach this stuff?  If they can't win they hurt as many people as possible; if they can win, they hurt as many people as possible.  It's a not-so-wonderful game philosophy that probably starts with the most oft' elbower: the rapist (not to mention his former sidekick Fisher).  All in all, some of the all-time dirtiest players (requires multiple offenses) in NBA history.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

In response to "Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs":
    Some of the rhetoric on the Celtic board reflects just how strong the animous is toward the Lakers. Look, Harden got into Ron's space and was tapping him with a clenched fist before Ron reacted. It was an effort to try & interfere with Artest's celebration for dunking on 3 Thunder players. If Harden doesn't try to interfere with Ron's celebration, there would be no discussion. If it would have been Durant getting into Ron's space, the elbow would have been to the chest rather than the neck. But rationality goes out the window. Kobe gets clocked at the All-Star game, ends up with a broken nose & concussion. Where was the screams for Wade to be executed then? If anything, Wade made it a point to say that he was sorry for what happened but added, I will not apologize beyond this one time. The game was physical & the refs were calling it in favor of the Thunder, especially those 2 phantom fouls called against Blake at the end. Love stepping on Scola's face & the recent Blake Griffin neck injury--no suspensions. But it's Metta so he'll be the fall guy. Buy the way, I thought the league overreated against Bynum as well. Posted by LakerFan67
    So if you were at the game you would've been one of those fans cheering him as he left

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

"Harden got into Ron's space and was tapping him with a clenched fist before Ron reacted. It was an effort to try & interfere with Artest's celebration for dunking on 3 Thunder players."

I don't see it that way at all.  The thunder player (was it durant) had the ball under the basket ready to start the play quickly after the made basket.  Hardin was trying to get around him to get to the ball...that's how I saw it.

What hypocracy...to accuse this board of seeing the play with anti-lakers bias when you're clearly the one denying the obvious. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I like Artest.  I don't agree with the brawl, the closeline, or the elbow, but do you guys realize where he came from?  That man pulled himself up out of one of the most notorious housing projects in America, and became one of the best defenders in the NBA.  It's rare that you grow up in the streets like he did and make something of yourself. 

With that being said, I think he should be suspended for 5-10 games.  He is a repeat offender, so the punishment should be harsher for him, even if it was accidental. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Some of the rhetoric on the Celtic board reflects just how strong the animous is toward the Lakers. Look, Harden got into Ron's space and was tapping him with a clenched fist before Ron reacted. It was an effort to try & interfere with Artest's celebration for dunking on 3 Thunder players. If Harden doesn't try to interfere with Ron's celebration, there would be no discussion. If it would have been Durant getting into Ron's space, the elbow would have been to the chest rather than the neck. But rationality goes out the window. Kobe gets clocked at the All-Star game, ends up with a broken nose & concussion. Where was the screams for Wade to be executed then? If anything, Wade made it a point to say that he was sorry for what happened but added, I will not apologize beyond this one time. The game was physical & the refs were calling it in favor of the Thunder, especially those 2 phantom fouls called against Blake at the end. Love stepping on Scola's face & the recent Blake Griffin neck injury--no suspensions. But it's Metta so he'll be the fall guy. Buy the way, I thought the league overreated against Bynum as well.
    Posted by LakerFan67

On this Laker planet you live on are they aware Artest was suspended 13 times previous and Love was never suspended.  Have you ever seen film of Artest's past behavior?  Your argument makes no sense. You should hope for a suspension for a year as the Lakers are actually better off without him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Harden was trying to interfere with his celebration?
    Are you guys for real???
    It must be tough to have no brain.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

That's really grasping at straws.  He was trying to get around to recieve the inbounds under the basket.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Harden was trying to interfere with his celebration? Are you guys for real??? It must be tough to have no brain.
    Posted by basketbert

I agree - Harden was getting back late on defense,and was running to either take the ball out of bounds, or receive the outlet pass.  AND, even if he did "invade his space", that is NO cause for that type of elbow- at least look him in the face before you slug him..........I still say 5-10 games  - up to the second round!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

Harden flopped. Fouls are part of the game. Ejection was enough. Metta was contrite and he apologized for the accident. Let's move on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Some of these Celtic fans just sound bitter about Metta hitting that game clinching 3 in game 7 of the 2010 Finals. Let it go already. Just sayin'. As the "unbiased" die hard Celtic fan that I am, I understand the NBA much better than these bandwagon hoppers and realize that it was all about emotion at that point in that game. Things like that happen. Harden I hope learned his lesson about getting into another man's space.

Go Green!

Go CELTICS!!

Sections
Shortcuts