Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs

All he is ,Sterns heel. He's like the despicable wrestler who gets awauy with murder,

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DRadja. Show DRadja's posts

What he did was uncalled for.  The league should consider ending this guys career once and for all.  He's out of control.  Any player who threatens anothers livelihood shouldn't be allowed to play in the league....hopefully the league has the guts to hand it to this coward once and for all.  It's sick to see how many people actually condone this saying "Metta's back!".  We don't need another Tomjanovich incident.  Hopefully Harden is okay.  Maybe it's Metta's twisted way of keeping Harden from participating in the playoffs.  It's not the Lakers, they can win without this kind of crap.  It's Artest.  The league doesn't need this kind of play.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chief16OZ. Show Chief16OZ's posts

Check the slow motion replay: http://www.nba.tv/nbatv/video/games/lakers/2012/04/22/0021100952_okc_lal_play4.nba

Ron winds-up and lets fly at full force.  He easily could have knocked Harden unconscious.  That's disgusting.

Enough is enough, commissioner, please grab the stones and ban Ron Artest from the league.  Seriously, this guy clearly is unable to make any emotional progress, period, and probably should even be locked up somewhere. 

How many times is the NBA going to look the other way? With each reprieve his sense of impunity grows.

And I agree with SnakeOil123, happy he's not on our team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from green-mtn-boy. Show green-mtn-boy's posts

the thing that bothers me is if i hit someone like that in front of 1000's of people id be charged with assault.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs:
    He apologized, was contrite and it wasn't intentional. Ejection was enough. Let's move on.
    Posted by Lakerstroll

hahahaha

what a loser you have to be to live in such a Laker troll fantasy world that you believe something like this

Ron is scum

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : You must have just recently started watching the NBA.  I remember games in the 80's when players intentionally went for people knees and heads. Did you forget the McHale/Rambis clothesline? Oh no, that's right, you are not old enough to remember it. Get over it and move on. Nothing to see here. Harden got into World Peace's bubble and paid the price. I bet he wont do that again. Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

I see you've completely given up the masquerade.  Can you possibly think the mchale clothesline compares to that elbow?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

What I heard this morning on the LA radio station (ESPN) is that the league will be looking at the 10 seconds AFTER he decked Harden......when he squared off to fight Ibaka (then, of course, backed down).  Didn't look contrite to me, and since this is NOT his first offense, I'm afraid those who think he should get a slap on the wrist are in dream land...........
    I also heard one guy say it should be for the next game, then 25 games into next season (since it happened in the regular season).  That cannot happen.  It must be swift and just punishment..........and we all know the lakers are going to amnesty him at the end of the year anyway!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

What I heard this morning on the LA radio station (ESPN) is that the league will be looking at the 10 seconds AFTER he decked Harden......when he squared off to fight Ibaka (then, of course, backed down).  Didn't look contrite to me, and since this is NOT his first offense, I'm afraid those who think he should get a slap on the wrist are in dream land........... I also heard one guy say it should be for the next game, then 25 games into next season (since it happened in the regular season).  That cannot happen.  It must be swift and just punishment..........and we all know the lakers are going to amnesty him at the end of the year anyway!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

MWP would have been more then willing to take on Ibaka.
    I don't think anyone wants to challenge MWP to a fight.

He will probably get 5 games at most.

With the resurgence of MWP's game, I am not so sure they will amnesty him.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the amnesty option open in case they need to amnesty Kobe or Pau before the 2013-14 season due to an injury.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : MWP would have been more then willing to take on Ibaka. I don't think anyone wants to challenge MWP to a fight. He will probably get 5 games at most. With the resurgence of MWP's game, I am not so sure they will amnesty him. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the amnesty option open in case they need to amnesty Kobe or Pau before the 2013-14 season due to an injury.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

I would guess 5 but he really wound up with that elbow.  It was SO blatant that it was unreal.  It is going to be tough for stern because everyone is looking at it, It was a big game on national TV and it was Artest.  He might go 10 games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

While Artest should be out for the entire playoffs,  I predict the league always so helpful to the Lakers will make it lenient.  If he got one game Laker trolls would say it is was a stiff penalty.

Artest is responsible for the single most humiliating episode in league history a few years back causing a riot.  He should be treated as a criminal.

I always remember the Detroit and Indiana game and how it started Ben Wallace went over and shoved Artest so hard he almost quivered in fear not wanting any part of him. Then showing his true cowardice took it to the fans.

He is clearly mentally ill.  He can't help himself.  The Lakers may actually play better without him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

This jerk is just one in a clan of many thugs on that team: Bynum - thug who likes to forearm small players in the ribs Barnes - wife beater Kobe - elbow throwing rapist Artest - 'nuf said

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : MWP would have been more then willing to take on Ibaka. I don't think anyone wants to challenge MWP to a fight. He will probably get 5 games at most. With the resurgence of MWP's game, I am not so sure they will amnesty him. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the amnesty option open in case they need to amnesty Kobe or Pau before the 2013-14 season due to an injury.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Ben Wallace sure looked willing at the palace. I think plenty of players would take him on, I just think most would rather not get suspended. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

It was no more than an accident. Metta was merely celebrating his great play that predeeded that incident and didn't know Harden was there when he moved his elbow. All players celebrate after a great play. Metta said he was sorry. We all can cause accidents and good people always apologize even when it was an accident. He's been gettiing psychotherapy and has to be given support for that. And he helps those in need, he even auctioned off his one ring to help the unfortunates. How many Celtics would do that. What did McHale do when he viciously did that thing years ago, was he contrite? Did he get into therapy? Did he help the needy? NO! The ejection of Metta was enough. We must learn to forgive. Let's move on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

All of you guys are wrong. He wound up his arm, yes. He coiled it for the elbow blow, yes. But none of you are mentioning that, at that moment, he also raised his elbow to make sure the blow was delivered above the shoulders and , therefore intentionally hit his target which was the head. raising the elevation of the elbow shows INTENT. Criminal attorneys would easily get a jury to agree with THIS movement as premeditated intent. Stern should, but won't, throw him out of the game forever. But we all know who his Favorite team is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainMugford. Show CaptainMugford's posts

You can usually tell if someone's apology is sincere. It's pretty obvious that Artest doesn't actually think he did something wrong:

"During that play I just dunked on [Kevin] Durant and [Serge] Ibaka and I got really emotional, really excited. It was unfortunate that James had to get hit with an unintentional elbow. I hope he's OK. The Thunder, they are playing for a championship this year, so I really hope that he's OK. I apologize to the Thunder and to James Harden. It was such a great game. It was unfortunate that so much emotion was going on at that time. That's it for today."

In other words, it's too bad the other team let me dunk on them and made me get so emotional, and it's too bad James made himself get hit with that elbow that was coincidentally attached to my totally innocent arm.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

You can usually tell if someone's apology is sincere. It's pretty obvious that Artest doesn't actually think he did something wrong: "During that play I just dunked on [Kevin] Durant and [Serge] Ibaka and I got really emotional, really excited. It was unfortunate that James had to get hit with an unintentional elbow. I hope he's OK. The Thunder, they are playing for a championship this year, so I really hope that he's OK. I apologize to the Thunder and to James Harden. It was such a great game. It was unfortunate that so much emotion was going on at that time. That's it for today." In other words, it's too bad the other team let me dunk on them and made me get so emotional, and it's too bad James made himself get hit with that elbow that was coincidentally attached to my totally innocent arm.
    Posted by CaptainMugford

You need to find God and learn to forgive. Metta is extremely, eventhough it was an obvious accident.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I guess we should all just wait and see how Stern feels about it!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

I think World Peace was fouled on the dunk and just frustrated about a no call. He did not see who was on his side clearly when dislodging the elbow. Harden probably learned to get of the way next time. Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

SHUT UP!!! HE HIT HIM CLEARLY, LIKE IF IT WAS THE MMA.....THIS IS THE NBA.
    WITH HIS HISTORY, HE SHOULD BE THROWN OUT THE REST OF THE SEASON AND TILL AFTER NEXT YEARS ALL STAR GAME. 

WHAT HE DID HERE IS WORST THAN WHAT HAPPENED WHEN HE WAS WITH THE PACERS....PERIOD, ITS A WRAP!!!! POINT BLANK, HE DIDNT EVEN COME BACK TO CHECK ON HIM, IF IT WAS A MISTAKE.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

It was no more than an accident. Metta was merely celebrating his great play that predeeded that incident and didn't know Harden was there when he moved his elbow. All players celebrate after a great play. Metta said he was sorry. We all can cause accidents and good people always apologize even when it was an accident. He's been gettiing psychotherapy and has to be given support for that. And he helps those in need, he even auctioned off his one ring to help the unfortunates. How many Celtics would do that. What did McHale do when he viciously did that thing years ago, was he contrite? Did he get into therapy? Did he help the needy? NO! The ejection of Metta was enough. We must learn to forgive. Let's move on.
    Posted by Lakerstroll

WITH HIS HISTORY, HE SHOULD BE THROWN OUT THE REST OF THE SEASON AND TILL AFTER NEXT YEARS ALL STAR GAME. 

WHAT HE DID HERE IS WORST THAN WHAT HAPPENED WHEN HE WAS WITH THE PACERS....PERIOD, ITS A WRAP!!!! POINT BLANK, HE DIDNT EVEN COME BACK TO CHECK ON HIM, IF IT WAS A MISTAKE.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : You need to find God and learn to forgive. Metta is extremely, eventhough it was an obvious accident.
    Posted by Lakerstroll

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

he NEEDS 2 take WORLD PEACE off his back and put INSANE RIOTS

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Artest should get booted for seaon & playoffs : Well notice has been served to "the truth" if the C's and Lakers make it to the Finals. 
    Posted by kobedaman

Notice has been served to the world that the Lakers is an organization cluttered with feces throwing troglodytes.  The Celtics on the other hand are warrior poets and Rondo will be writing sonnets with his triple doubles while ally-ooping it to himself off Artest's coconut for a head.

This is the way you're going out two years straight.  Congratulations, your team is the poster child for the things that are disgraceful about the culture of our society.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I hope MWP gets some help so he can overcome his Pogonophobia.
    That was an ugly incident for the NBA.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

There go the laker fans again, defending their band of thugs. I guess thats why they cheered him as he left the floor. Your love for these thugs and defense of their despicable acts speak volumes.

Sections
Shortcuts