Artests suspension history

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Artests suspension history

Not bad for someone that is insane I suppose.  I almost forgot about him beating his wife.

Feb. 21, 2001:
     As a Chicago Bull, one game for his role in an in-game altercation with the Milwaukee Bucks' Glenn Robinson

Jan. 4, 2003: As an Indiana Pacer, three games for throwing a television monitor and a cameraman's camera onto the floor following the conclusion of a game vs. the New York Knicks.

Jan. 29, 2003: With the Pacers, four games for confronting and making physical contact with Miami Heat coach Pat Riley, for taunting the Miami bench, for committing a flagrant foul-2 on Caron Butler (pushing him into the stands) and making an obscene gesture toward fans.

March 9, 2003: With the Pacers, one game for exceeding the maximum allowable flagrant foul points in a season.

March 13, 2003: With the Pacers, one game for again exceeding the maximum allowable flagrant foul points in a season.

March 20, 2003: With the Pacers, two games for again exceeding the maximum allowable flagrant foul points in a season.

March 19, 2004: With the Pacers, one game for hitting the Portland Trail Blazers' Derek Anderson in the head with a forearm.

April 19, 2004: With the Pacers, one game for leaving the immediate vicinity of his team's bench during an altercation.

Nov. 21, 2004: With the Pacers, 73 games (and 13 games during the team's playoff run) for his role in an in-game incident between Indiana and the Detroit Pistons.

April 24, 2006: With the Kings, one game for making contact with the head of San Antonio Spur Manu Ginobili with his forearm.

July 14, 2007: With the Kings, seven games for pleading "nolo contendre" to infliction of injury on a spouse.

May 5, 2011: With the Lakers, one game for swinging his arm and striking the face of the Dallas Mavericks' J.J. Barea.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Artests suspension history

Glenn Robinson
    Caron Butler
    Derek Anderson
    Manu Ginobli
    Spouse
    JJ Barea (must be contagious)
    and now James Harden.....  all noted "tough guys" in the NBA
    what? No Gerald Wallace?  No Noah?  No Perkins? No Shaq?

Thanks for the list........................tells me a lot!!!!    10 games min!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Clearly mentally ill.  Not someone who can be responsible for his behavior.  So the suspension must be harsh. What he can understand is his career is over if he does not behave.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history:
    Glenn Robinson Caron Butler Derek Anderson Manu Ginobli Spouse JJ Barea (must be contagious) and now James Harden.....  all noted "tough guys" in the NBA what? No Gerald Wallace?  No Noah?  No Perkins? No Shaq? Thanks for the list........................tells me a lot!!!!    10 games min!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Don't forget Pat Riley.  An old guy is kind of on the same level of Artest's wife I suppose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Oh and also my personal favorite was when Artest starved his dog.

Yay team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

And they wouldn't let him change his name until he paid all his parking tickets...lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Boston had no problems signing Rasheed Wallace to a multi year contract when he easily led the NBA in career technicals and ejections and had multiple suspensions on his record. Didn't Rasheed go looking for the referees after game 6 of the 2010 Finals? What would have happened if he wasn't stopped? Worse then what MWP did?

Also, Boston had no problem signing or trading for these players that all had at least 7 game suspensions in their career:

Jermaine O'Neal: 11/20/04 - 15 game suspension
    Nate Robinson: 12/20/06 - 10 game suspension
    Delonte West: 8/20/10 - 10 game suspension
    Rasheed Wallace: 7/15/07 - 7 game suspension.

Pot calling the kettle black...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Boston had no problems signing Rasheed Wallace to a multi year contract when he easily led the NBA in career technicals and ejections and had multiple suspensions on his record. Didn't Rasheed go looking for the referees after game 6 of the 2010 Finals? What would have happened if he wasn't stopped? Worse then what MWP did? Also, Boston had no problem signing or trading for these players that all had at least 7 game suspensions in their career: Jermaine O'Neal: 11/20/04 - 15 game suspension Nate Robinson: 12/20/06 - 10 game suspension Delonte West: 8/20/10 - 10 game suspension Rasheed Wallace: 7/15/07 - 7 game suspension. Pot calling the kettle black...
    Posted by Mark from Ct

According to multiple sources, including Wallace, Rasheed decided to retire after the game, and wanted to tell the refs his plan, and say he was sorry for being such a jerk.  That is documented - so you're wrong on that front.
    None of the others players you mentioned are currently members of the Boston Celtics, so they are irrelevant.  AND, NONE OF THEM have 12 previous suspensions for violence - just technical fouls!  Artest has missed over a year of his career from suspensions - find someone who's played for us who can make that dubious distinction.
    Not a pot and kettle "thing".   An Apples and oranges thing!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Boston had no problems signing Rasheed Wallace to a multi year contract when he easily led the NBA in career technicals and ejections and had multiple suspensions on his record. Didn't Rasheed go looking for the referees after game 6 of the 2010 Finals? What would have happened if he wasn't stopped? Worse then what MWP did? Also, Boston had no problem signing or trading for these players that all had at least 7 game suspensions in their career: Jermaine O'Neal: 11/20/04 - 15 game suspension Nate Robinson: 12/20/06 - 10 game suspension Delonte West: 8/20/10 - 10 game suspension Rasheed Wallace: 7/15/07 - 7 game suspension. Pot calling the kettle black...
    Posted by Mark from Ct

I am not calling anyone anything.  It is odd how you constantly make things into a Celtics-Lakers thing.  Go ahead and put up a post about Rasheed Wallace or Nate Robinson. I dont care.

I just published his suspension history and commented on how he beat his wife and starved his dog.  I for one find it interesting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : According to multiple sources, including Wallace, Rasheed decided to retire after the game, and wanted to tell the refs his plan, and say he was sorry for being such a jerk.  That is documented - so you're wrong on that front. None of the others players you mentioned are currently members of the Boston Celtics, so they are irrelevant.  AND, NONE OF THEM have 12 previous suspensions for violence - just technical fouls!  Artest has missed over a year of his career from suspensions - find someone who's played for us who can make that dubious distinction. Not a pot and kettle "thing".   An Apples and oranges thing!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

OMG, you think Rasheed was going to tell the referees he was retiring?
    He was out of his mind and the security offers almost had to call the police.

West had serious gun charges and Boston signed him knowing he was facing a suspension.

Kettle meet Pot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : I am not calling anyone anything.  It is odd how you constantly make things into a Celtics-Lakers thing.  Go ahead and put up a post about Rasheed Wallace or Nate Robinson. I dont care. I just published his suspension history and commented on how he beat his wife and starved his dog.  I for one find it interesting.
    Posted by snakeoil123

It is odd that he would go there when this is about Artest and the phony, hypocrit that he is.... its one thing to beat up on players in a game but to beat your wife and starve your dog?? Speak volumes as to who he is and if Mark from CT wants to defend that by deflecting it onto other players, then so be it..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : OMG, you think Rasheed was going to tell the referees he was retiring? He was out of his mind and the security offers almost had to call the police. West had serious gun charges and Boston signed him knowing he was facing a suspension. Kettle meet Pot.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

No one you mentioned plays for the Celtics - irrelevant.  And none have been suspended before for violent behavior........apple meet orange!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : No one you mentioned plays for the Celtics - irrelevant.  And none have been suspended before for violent behavior........apple meet orange!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Rasheed was suspended mutliple times for violent actions.

I guess you wouldn't count Delonte's FELONY conviction as violent behavior.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : OMG, you think Rasheed was going to tell the referees he was retiring? He was out of his mind and the security offers almost had to call the police. West had serious gun charges and Boston signed him knowing he was facing a suspension. Kettle meet Pot.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Ive liked your comments on many threads but you got to be kidding on this one. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : Rasheed was suspended mutliple times for violent actions. I guess you wouldn't count Delonte's FELONY conviction as violent behavior.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

You should play in the NHL  - you are great at deflections. 

Rasheed was never suspended for violent behavior as a member of the Boston Celtics.
    Delonte West was never suspended for violent ON COURT behavior as a member of the Boston Celtics.
    And, since neither one play for us anymore - I don't care.  This is about Artest!!

I was hoping that even your ridiculous claim to defend the lakers would stop here.  Did you see the play?  Does he deserve suspension?  In the LA Times yesterday a poll was taken, and over 60% of lakers fans felt a suspension was warranted.
    Tell you what- NEXT time a Celtics player does something like this, we can discuss the merits ad nauseum.  But this thread is about Artest, and his TWELVE previous suspensions.  Try to stay on topic, please!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : You should play in the NHL  - you are great at deflections.  Rasheed was never suspended for violent behavior as a member of the Boston Celtics. Delonte West was never suspended for violent ON COURT behavior as a member of the Boston Celtics. And, since neither one play for us anymore - I don't care.  This is about Artest!! I was hoping that even your ridiculous claim to defend the lakers would stop here.  Did you see the play?  Does he deserve suspension?  In the LA Times yesterday a poll was taken, and over 60% of lakers fans felt a suspension was warranted. Tell you what- NEXT time a Celtics player does something like this, we can discuss the merits ad nauseum.  But this thread is about Artest, and his TWELVE previous suspensions.  Try to stay on topic, please!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Artest deserves a 3-5 game suspension.

KG has been suspended for throwing elbows.
    Ray has been suspended for throwing punches.
    Rondo throws ball at referee.

Choir boys, I know, I know...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : Artest deserves a 3-5 game suspension. KG has been suspended for throwing elbows. Ray has been suspended for throwing punches. Rondo throws ball at referee. Choir boys, I know, I know...
    Posted by Mark from Ct

5 - 10 games since this is his 13 th offense!!

At least you agree he should be suspended.  Let's just see who's more accurate when Stern makes his decision.  I say 5-10, you say 3-5.  I won't bet with you since you are not an honorable person to begin with!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : Artest deserves a 3-5 game suspension. KG has been suspended for throwing elbows. Ray has been suspended for throwing punches. Rondo throws ball at referee. Choir boys, I know, I know...
    Posted by Mark from Ct

The league has not handed down a ruling yet.  What is taking so much time?  I speculate that they will be examining what if the elbow had landed a couple of inches off, i.e. in front of the ear.  How devastating that would have been!

It is obvious that Artest (one alphabet away from arrest) was swinging with full force to make contact.  Whether intentional or reflexive, the action could have led to a disastrous outcome.  Given Artest's history of the inability to control his aggression, I fully expect a very harsh suspension.

BTW, these parallels that you are drawing, they are just lame.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : The league has not handed down a ruling yet.  What is taking so much time?  I speculate that they will be examining what if the elbow had landed a couple of inches off, i.e. in front of the ear.  How devastating that would have been! It is obvious that Artest (one alphabet away from arrest) was swinging with full force to make contact.  Whether intentional or reflexive, the action could have led to a disastrous outcome.  Given Artest's history of the inability to control his aggression, I fully expect a very harsh suspension. BTW, these parallels that you are drawing, they are just lame.
    Posted by prakash

The reason it is taking so much time, according to the LA radio guys, is they are waiting until the regular season ends so that his entire suspension will be in the playoffs.  NOT good news for lakers fans if true!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bob5050540. Show bob5050540's posts

Mark if you don't like what people have to say then leave!!!! He just stated a fact about Ron Artest or whatever his name is these days. His elbow was deliberate and he should be suspended for the rest of the season and playoffs. This is multiple incidents and he has not learned his lesson at all. Not because he is a Laker but because he has issues that need to be taken care of and sometimes that means doing time for the crime. I mean you bring up Rasheed and yes he had issues and he was also suspended but you were not there to see him go after the ref. so slow your role. Rajon Rondo was suspended and so were those other Celtics that did something wrong but you do not see this happening all the time with the same people. Meta World Peace has not lived up to his name and he needs to be punished end of story!!!!!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Mark if you don't like what people have to say then leave!!!! He just stated a fact about Ron Artest or whatever his name is these days. His elbow was deliberate and he should be suspended for the rest of the season and playoffs. This is multiple incidents and he has not learned his lesson at all. Not because he is a Laker but because he has issues that need to be taken care of and sometimes that means doing time for the crime. I mean you bring up Rasheed and yes he had issues and he was also suspended but you were not there to see him go after the ref. so slow your role. Rajon Rondo was suspended and so were those other Celtics that did something wrong but you do not see this happening all the time with the same people. Meta World Peace has not lived up to his name and he needs to be punished end of story!!!!!! 
    Posted by bob5050540

bob with 7 posts,

We all know he should be suspended.
    In the other Artest thread Boston fans act like the Celtics are immune from these type of players. They are not.

Before this incident, MWP had been suspended 1 game in almost the last 5 years.

The other players in the league all stick up for MWP and know he is a good guy but he did something wrong.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Posted by Mark from Ct

Just for the record - it's ON the record - read it for yourself:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=5300375

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : The reason it is taking so much time, according to the LA radio guys, is they are waiting until the regular season ends so that his entire suspension will be in the playoffs.  NOT good news for lakers fans if true!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

The Lakers don't need Artest against Denver.
    They need him against OKC.

Red's new supposed source: LA radio guys.
    They must be bff's with David Stern...oy vey...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : The Lakers don't need Artest against Denver. They need him against OKC. Red's new supposed source: LA radio guys. They must be bff's with David Stern...oy vey...
    Posted by Mark from Ct

Look up Mason and Ireland.....and look up the Kamenetsky Brothers!!  I refuse to do your homework for you, son!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Artests suspension history : bob with 7 posts, We all know he should be suspended. In the other Artest thread Boston fans act like the Celtics are immune from these type of players. They are not. Before this incident, MWP had been suspended 1 game in almost the last 5 years. The other players in the league all stick up for MWP and know he is a good guy but he did something wrong.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

No team is "immune" from them.  Howard throws a ton of elbows.  KG is no saint...........but this is the guy's 13th offense, and he wound up!!  It is inexcusable, and whatever credibility you had here should now  be over!!  What he did is NOT defensible, and trying to assess similar blame to other players makes you look foolish............let's see what lakers-loving Stern has to say..:)

Sections
Shortcuts