AS CAPITALISM KEEPS BEING DUNKED ON, GROUSBECK +OWNERS AVERAGE ONLY 16M PER YEAR SINCE BUYING CELTS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: AS CAPITALISM KEEPS BEING DUNKED ON, GROUSBECK +OWNERS AVERAGE ONLY 16M PER YEAR SINCE BUYING CELTS

Im confused where everyone is getting their information from but the housing meltdown is traced to none other than Bill Clinton and his repeal of Glass-Steagall.

Sandy Weil, who formed Citgroup lobbied Clinton to break the deadlock and pass the repeal. Just days after the repeal of Glass-Steagall,  Robert Rubin (Goldman Sach co-chairman and later Clinton admin) joins Citigroup.

Also, Andrew Cuomo was  the Housing and Urban Development secretary took actions that helped plunge Fannie and Freddie into the subprime markets without putting in place the means to monitor them at all.

And if you really want to see the under belly of rotten politicians, like Barney Frank , go find on youtube his testimony of how financially strong Freddie/Fannie were  just months before the collaps. Telling committees there was no issues while he picked up his fees from the agencies.

Clinton's repeal of Glass-Steagall was #1 on the hit parade for deregulating loans and allowing the giant brokerages into the lending market, along with their derivatives.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

Re: AS CAPITALISM KEEPS BEING DUNKED ON, GROUSBECK +OWNERS AVERAGE ONLY 16M PER YEAR SINCE BUYING CELTS

In Response to Re: AS CAPITALISM KEEPS BEING DUNKED ON, GROUSBECK +OWNERS AVERAGE ONLY 16M PER YEAR SINCE BUYING CELTS:
    [QUOTE]Don't get me started on this one..I just made a presentation in my Finance class..getting a Masters...First off, recessions, depressions, are common cycles every 60 years...recessions being more common...At the same time, government intervention is deep in trying to massage the economy and make every thing equal..which is an impossibility..the more they intervene, the more chaos they create, when the bubble bursts, they can blame corprate america for the greed..justify taxing the rich, all the while not taking any responsibility at all. As early as 2005, the heads of FNMA (Government structured corp) were being asked to divulge their accounting practices, something they refused to do.look it up on  utube..making all these rotten loans to people  who could not afford them, and requesting little or no verification and documentation .They received more bail out money and AIG..400 Billion.. Surprisingly, these loans defaulted and ended up in the market, being sold to investors all over the world as securities, and the banks hedging their investments with derivatives. But these investments would not have caused the harm they did to the markets, if they had been undeerwritten with half decent guidelines.  As far as the small % having the majority of wealth, it has been like that since the beginning of time.look it up...There are people out there, making it happen while the rest of us spend a majority of the time watching tv, or online with our favorite teams...and when they are super successfull. we hate them for it..Do we take the A students and make them B students so the c students won't feel bad?? Thats why we watch the finals, we want to see the very best excell at what they do. And when they fail, we castrate them..for being lazy or whatever faults they may have.  I think it was estimated that Mrs. Kraft has given over 150 million to charities.. that' probably a little more than all of us on this site combined.. Just a hunch...
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Ortiz, you are definately winning this argument with Start. You are posting numbers to back up your points, while he is providning narrative opinion. Your opinions seem based on research and his on emotion. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Government and Federal Regulatory Policies

Some economists have suggested that government policy encouraged the development of the subprime meltdown through legislation like the Community Reinvestment Act, which

they claim forces banks to lend to uncreditworthy consumers.
    Economist Robert Kuttner
    criticized the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act as contributing to the mortgage crisis.

Others have noted that a taxpayer-funded government bailout related to mortgages during the Savings and Loan crisis may have created the above-mentioned moral hazard and acted as encouragement to lenders to make similar higher-risk loans

The repeal of provisions of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933 by the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act effectively removed the separation that previously existed between
    investment banking which issued securities and commercial banks which accepted deposits. The deregulation also removed conflict of interest prohibitions between investment bankers serving as officers of commercial banks. Some experts believe that this repeal directly contributed to the severity of the Financial crisis of 2007–2011 by allowing Wall Street investment banking firms to gamble with their depositors' money that was held in commercial banks owned or created by the investment firms.[4][5][6][7][8] Others argue that repealing the provisions had little impact on the financial system and even helped restore stability during the financial crisis. [9][

I think each one of these factor contributed to continued speculations and encouraged the development of risky loans, lesser qulifyin standards for the sake of increasing equality and fairness of lending guidelines and profits. One in the 70's, 80's, and 90's...by the 2000's, with Fnma and Freddie Mac given full reign to back all these loans from banks and morgtgae companies, all was in place for the perfect bubble. PS.  
    There are still many foreclosures that will hit the market in the next six months that will drop prices anothe 20-30%.in some areas.
    ..So if you've been waiting to buy, i would wait a little more and make a killer deal..that is if your's still employed....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: AS CAPITALISM KEEPS BEING DUNKED ON, GROUSBECK +OWNERS AVERAGE ONLY 16M PER YEAR SINCE BUYING CELTS:
    [.  All of the problems were having now are a direct result of his pres. Not opinion, fact. It was him and his crowd that pushed for deregulation since the 80's. Not my opinion, fact. Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]

George W. Bush's first term as president of the United States began on January 20, 2001 and continued until his second term commenced on January 20, 2005
    Was he President since the 80's??? That would make him President for over 20 years...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Anyway, back to basketball??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

Really not that hard to follow lol. Financial deregulation was absolutely rooted in the 80's and yes his crowd ( not sure if you've been paying attention ) that he surronded himself with all were players in the 80's. Ill make this simple considering you get you evidence , facts if you want to call it that from fukin YOUTUBE LOL! The idea that were not suffering from a direct result of 2 UNFUNDED WARS , TAX CUTS that didnt work or create any real jobs at all and the spending that STARTED WITH HIM. The guy did absolutely noting about the fruad behing crap mortgage's and absolutely enabled the derivative gaming that led to a 7 trillion dollar black hole in our economy ... for who to pick up , us the taxpayers! The fact that you think this started on and is Obama and the Dem's fault proves you have no idea what your talking about. Where were you when people like me were predicting this exact situation 8 -10 years ago. You act like people havent been predicting this for years. Go ahead and bring out your fukin youtube videos and try and blame this on Barney fukin Frank. They have a spot open @ 5pm on Fox News waiting for you. This most mis-informed news watchers in the world!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Anyway, back to basketball??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Yes, this is a basketbal forum...agreed..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

LOL I think this thread ran its coarse. Points were made , sides taken etc. Basketball would be great ... even 50 games? At this point i think thats the best case scenario. I think the fact that guys like Kobe are even thinking about going overseas speaks volumes. I remember having this convo. back in Dec with a friend and he couldnt believe or take me serious that the NBA was in this bad of shape.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Good point start....we may not agree on a lot of things..but we both agree its pretty bad out there...but were still both Celtic Fans...

Heres something for the poster from Phoenix..wow..had no idea it was that bad..things like this will affect the sports world no doubt..I think the NBA better get it together quick, because right now fans will have no pity..especially when they can barely keep food on the table...who has money to go to games..

I passed on some free tickets to a baseball  game just because i dont' want to spend the money for parking, food, and everything else...

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/113212/phoenix-epicenter-housing-crisis-marketwatch?mod=realestate-sell

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

It's really disgusting what the right (which includes the religious fanatics) have done to this country. The political system is indeed corrupt & a tool of the economic power brokers. & it began with Reagan who tripled the debt before he left office. & he along with Greenspan quadrupled payroll taxes on the middle-class and the working poor. This "supply-side" theory doesn't work & the system we have is about short-term profits at the expense of long-term investments.

Obama inherited a $12 trillion debt, $9 trillion created by his 3 Republican predecessors. & now he's the fall guy. Cutting taxes for corporations & the wealthy has marginalized over 80% of the workforce. That's what supply-side economic policies has gotten us. In the meantime we get these idiots who continue to blame "union bosses" & the poor for the catastrophic mess by the Bush tax cuts. 2/3rds of the debt generated by Bush, Jr. were the result of his 3 tax cuts and his additional trillion dollar War in Iraq & drug program for seniors. & now the very people who got the country in this mess want to continue the failed policies by not allowing for a balanced approach to get our fiscal house in order.

Obama has failed in leadership. He has no backbone, no strong convictions & is afraid of the power brokers. We need a president who has a clear idea of what needs to get done, is willing to challenge the status quo, and not care about getting re-elected. The key issues are--get the U.S. military home & downsize it, means test both social security & medicare, & start effectively regulating financial institutions to prevent the abuses in the sub-prime markets & invest in education, research & development. Realize that there are certain sectors of the economy that need greater, not less regulation. Our political system needs to be tweeked as well to make politicians accountable to the people & not financial benefactors. These are just starters!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]It's really disgusting what the right (which includes the religious fanatics) have done to this country. The political system is indeed corrupt & a tool of the economic power brokers. & it began with Reagan who tripled the debt before he left office. & he along with Greenspan quadrupled payroll taxes on the middle-class and the working poor. This "supply-side" theory doesn't work & the system we have is about short-term profits at the expense of long-term investments.   Obama inherited a $12 trillion debt, $9 trillion created by his 3 Republican predecessors. & now he's the fall guy. Cutting taxes for corporations & the wealthy has marginalized over 80% of the workforce. That's what supply-side economic policies has gotten us. In the meantime we get these idiots who continue to blame "union bosses" & the poor for the catastrophic mess by the Bush tax cuts. 2/3rds of the debt generated by Bush, Jr. were the result of his 3 tax cuts and his additional trillion dollar War in Iraq & drug program for seniors. & now the very people who got the country in this mess want to continue the failed policies by not allowing for a balanced approach to get our fiscal house in order. Obama has failed in leadership. He has no backbone, no strong convictions & is afraid of the power brokers. We need a president who has a clear idea of what needs to get done, is willing to challenge the status quo, and not care about getting re-elected. The key issues are--get the U.S. military home & downsize it, means test both social security & medicare, & start effectively regulating financial institutions to prevent the abuses in the sub-prime markets & invest in education, research & development. Realize that there are certain sectors of the economy that need greater, not less regulation. Our political system needs to be tweeked as well to make politicians accountable to the people & not financial benefactors. These are just starters!
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

Didn't Obama order them Seal Team 6 to shoot Osama in the grill? LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: AS CAPITALISM KEEPS BEING DUNKED ON, GROUSBECK +OWNERS AVERAGE ONLY 16M PER YEAR SINCE BUYING CELTS : Didn't Obama order them Seal Team 6 to shoot Osama in the grill? LOL
    Posted by ConnectingRod[/QUOTE]

That was an easy decision to make; the real enemies of this country are home grown & are harder to take out...Lakerfan has a better take than most C's

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

My daughters boyfriend lives in stockdale... is that near pheonix??? Im in the Central Valley,,,Fresno, ca..If they get married and . When I finnish my degree..Il probably have to move to another state.or city closer to there...for jobs..or continued education...ive heard good things about the universities there..or.either texas, arizona, or utah..the job market is pretty bad here...although the weather is great...I didn't realize phoenix was that large...its huge compared to Fresno...thanks for the info...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from startrightnow. Show startrightnow's posts

[QUOTE]Good point start....we may not agree on a lot of things..but we both agree its pretty bad out there...but were still both Celtic Fans... Heres something for the poster from Phoenix..wow..had no idea it was that bad..things like this will affect the sports world no doubt..I think the NBA better get it together quick, because right now fans will have no pity..especially when they can barely keep food on the table...who has money to go to games.. I passed on some free tickets to a baseball  game just because i dont' want to spend the money for parking, food, and everything else... http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/113212/phoenix-epicenter-housing-crisis-marketwatch?mod=realestate-sell
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

Thats something that imo , owners , players etc. really dont understand. Most real basketball fans are disgusted with how the current players handle their business. It seems  a huge chunk of players nowadays care about $ , image , what city their playing in and then if everything goes perfect for ... temp. is right in the room , they have enough baby-mamas , some street cred and then winning comes into play. LOL I cant believe some people , media etc. actually tried to portray James as a unselfish , humble guy for taking " less " money in Mia. The fact that Wade is maybe the second best player in the world , lol its still $100 mil and he makes more than that from endorsements etc. LM FAO Mia made it a really fun season to watch , but at the same time was whats wrong with it. 3 guys all thinking the other is going to do the dirty work , of coarse noone did lol. And before they even play a game , joking about winning , not 5 , not 6 , not 7 championships. I dont think they even begin to understand how real fans feel. Do they realize that a good chunk , if not a majority believe it to be tainted/fixed in some way.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Your the worst poster on the internet. You know absolutely nothing about sports and less about the economy. You just compared James to Jordan and you expect people to take you serious?
    Posted by startrightnow[/QUOTE]
    She dissed Bill Russell without ever seeing him play.She`s got a nice bicycle though.