As I reflect on this season...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

As I reflect on this season...

I've been reading some of the posts by you Celtics fans and as I've said before, you guys (and gals) keep me in stitches!! Some of your posts are hilarious, although I'm sure that's not your intent.

In the early part of the season, when the Lakers were struggling and your C's were rolling along, many of you were already writing off the Lakers and popping the corks on the champagne for that 18th banner. Do any of you remember when I told you that it would ALL even out at the end of the season?! No, most of you won't admit it, but that's exactly what I said on this forum. I expected to see the C's and Lakers standing and meeting in the finals.

Not so fast my friends...that's when Danny Ainge may have made the "bonehead" trade of the season to give the Bulls the Eastern title. Obviously there's still more basketball to be played, but if I were a C's fan, I wouldn't be feeling to good about that 18th banner. Depending on Shaq, JON and Kristic to anchor the defense is shaky at best.

The Lakers, on the other hand, are in great position to tie the C's with that 17th banner. After this season, the C's will go into rebuild mode, while the Lakers will look for that 18th title.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Re: As I reflect on this season...

In Response to As I reflect on this season...:
    [QUOTE]I've been reading some of the posts by you Celtics fans and as I've said before, you guys (and gals) keep me in stitches!! Some of your posts are hilarious, although I'm sure that's not your intent. In the early part of the season, when the Lakers were struggling and your C's were rolling along, many of you were already writing off the Lakers and popping the corks on the champagne for that 18th banner. Do any of you remember when I told you that it would ALL even out at the end of the season?! No, most of you won't admit it, but that's exactly what I said on this forum. I expected to see the C's and Lakers standing and meeting in the finals. Not so fast my friends...that's when Danny Ainge may have made the "bonehead" trade of the season to give the Bulls the Eastern title. Obviously there's still more basketball to be played, but if I were a C's fan, I wouldn't be feeling to good about that 18th banner. Depending on Shaq, JON and Kristic to anchor the defense is shaky at best. The Lakers, on the other hand, are in great position to tie the C's with that 17th banner. After this season, the C's will go into rebuild mode, while the Lakers will look for that 18th title.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

YOU'RE RIGHT!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: As I reflect on this season...:
    [QUOTE]Quaddy you were right. Credit where credit is due. Fierce 34, p 34 or what ever he's calling him self today said we would win tonight because you posted yesterday. Don't worry, the child loves to be wrong. He never gets one right.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Rico, I'll be very surprised if Howard ends up in Celtic green...but if Ainge has the cojones and resources to pull that off, more power to him. He's going to have to do something to keep the C's from sliding back to mediocrity like they were for most of Pierce's career.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: As I reflect on this season...:
    [QUOTE]Qdaddy I heard he wanted to go to the Lakers. I wish we could sign him but I know it's close to impossible.
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

I've heard that rumor too. That would be a heck of a frontcourt...Gasol, Howard and Bynum, with Odom off the bench!

But I doubt seriously that Kupchak could make the salaries work. He'd probably have to do some wheeling and dealing, but just knowing that Howard would like to come to LA gives them a leg up on the other teams.

Of course if Kupchak brings Howard to LA, I can only imagine the HOWLING from this forum. Shouts of conspiracy will again ring from the rafters.

Sections
Shortcuts