As I thought - Hibbert offered to PHO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

As I thought - Hibbert offered to PHO

Hibbert and Chris Copeland were offered to the PG-laden Suns.  They were offered for Goran Dragic.  The Suns turned down the offer.

For all those who want Rondo traded (and I'm in that club only because I want to go young......not I think he's a bad player)......we can get in on this.

PHO gets Hibbert, IND gets Rondo......we get Hill, a draft pick and TJ Warren (how many wing players do they need, they need a C).

I know many people don't like Hill, but with Hill, Bradley, Smart and Thornton (right now), that's a very solid rotation.  AND, when we lose Thornton, we'll have Hill, Smart and Bradley locked up for at least 3 years.

Getting players and locking them up is a key to stability.  Once we rid ourselves of Wallace, Bass and Green (yes, and Rondo), we will be able to lock up younger players for the long term.

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: As I thought - Hibbert offered to PHO

We don't want Hill or his albatross of a contract.... I will take Hibbert though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We don't want Hill or his albatross of a contract.... I will take Hibbert though.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

See, I proposed Rondo for Hibbert weeks ago, and people said they didn't want him, either.  It wasn't enough.  I would do Rondo for Hibbert straight up, right now..........for the record

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hibbert and Chris Copeland were offered to the PG-laden Suns.  They were offered for Goran Dragic.  The Suns turned down the offer.

For all those who want Rondo traded (and I'm in that club only because I want to go young......not I think he's a bad player)......we can get in on this.

PHO gets Hibbert, IND gets Rondo......we get Hill, a draft pick and TJ Warren (how many wing players do they need, they need a C).

I know many people don't like Hill, but with Hill, Bradley, Smart and Thornton (right now), that's a very solid rotation.  AND, when we lose Thornton, we'll have Hill, Smart and Bradley locked up for at least 3 years.

Getting players and locking them up is a key to stability.  Once we rid ourselves of Wallace, Bass and Green (yes, and Rondo), we will be able to lock up younger players for the long term.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yeah you...

LMAO!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yeah you...

LMAO!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm truly grateful my ideas leave you with no A..     Apparently just the whole!!!

Hope you find your a..                  and it's  whole.

And when you do stop laughing, and pick up your a..    may it be a  whole - just like you.

Carmelo - strike one

LeBron - strike two

Love - strike three

Julius Randle????????

Now THAT'S funny.

Thanks Jimmy and Mitchy!!

$500 a seat to watch kobe and the D-Leaguers!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hill sucks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

hibbert stinks.  he quit on his team last year (hey rondo did that once too!!) for some reason.  then became mildly interested in playing off and on in the playoffs.  who wants THAT at 15 million on your books.  when hibbert is at his BEST his upper body strength is still suspect and he gets stuffed a lot for a guy who is 7-2.  oh, and he's bound to quit on his team too, did i mention that?

we're trying to ship head case out of town, not horse trade another one back in

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

See what I mean?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont know, did some people miss the 2013-14 NBA including playoffs?

Who the heck would want Hibbert.. his value was thrown out the window last season. In fact, how can a 7'2"  starting NBA center manage to play most the game and score zero points and grab zero rebounds without both legs being in a cast??

Whatever is going on with him physically or between his ears, let it stay in Indy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Hibbert "quit on his team" because Paul George screwed his fiancé and Hibbert found out.  Not much different than Kobe blowing up Paul Gasol by telling his wife he was cheating, does Gasol suck as well or did he just not to help Kobe win anymore rings and want to play elsewhere?

It will be hard for some couch potato fans here to understand but these guys are human and there are things more important to them than "winning."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sycophant123. Show sycophant123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

See, I proposed Rondo for Hibbert weeks ago, and people said they didn't want him, either.  It wasn't enough.  I would do Rondo for Hibbert straight up, right now..........for the record

[/QUOTE]

ugh.

You think people around here don't like Rondo? People around here would crucify Hibbert.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I still say yes.

A change of scenery may help Hibbert.

Rondo will probably be traded anyway.

Does it make us significantly better?  THAT is the question.

Do we need rim protection?  YES - do we need  a C who can score - not necessarily

So - would a rotation of

Rondo/Smart/Pressey

Bradley/Thornton/Young

Green/Turner/Wallace

Bass/Sully

Zeller/Fav/Oly    (Anthony will not play)

be BETTER or worse than:

Smart/Pressey

Bradley/Thornton/Young

Green/Turner/Wallace

Bass/Sully/OLY

Hibbert/Zeller/Fav

That is two bad contracts.........2 expiring contracts...................and a C.  And Oly playing his natural spot

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Hibbert is a true center who had a very good 2013 playoff run.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

any thought of hibbert would have to include wallace.  rondo and wallace foir hibbert and who ever made the numbers work...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

+1 million billion

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheNewGKDynasty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yeah you...

LMAO!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I'm truly grateful my ideas leave you with no A..     Apparently just the whole!!!

Hope you find your a..                  and it's  whole.

And when you do stop laughing, and pick up your a..    may it be a  whole - just like you.

Carmelo - strike one

LeBron - strike two

Love - strike three

Julius Randle????????

Now THAT'S funny.

Thanks Jimmy and Mitchy!!

$500 a seat to watch kobe and the D-Leaguers!!

[/QUOTE]

How many games into the season is it going to take for Kobe to have a huge meltdown and start blaming his teammates so they have to put their big boy pants on...................

trick question. It'll happen in the preseason.   Thanks Jimmmy 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo, Wallace and a second rounder (or two) for Hibbert and Hill - 24 hours a day; 7 days a week; in a New York second! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo, Wallace and a second rounder (or two) for Hibbert and Hill - 24 hours a day; 7 days a week; in a New York second! 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Love a guy who loves my ideas!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I don't want Hibbert at all, but I like the originally posted trade where Hibbert is rerouted to PHO for Warren, and a pick.  It would also be great if we could throw in Jeff Green to the Suns and take back Gerald.

I think Gerald Green and Marcus Smart would make a great duo to watch, at least until TJ Warren or some other prospect matures into a better starter at the 3.

Hill, whateva to him. Hopefully he is easily dumpable at some point. 

But Rondo for any combo of a nice prospect at a position of need, like TJ Warren, and a pick should be taken ASAP.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't want Hibbert at all, but I like the originally posted trade where Hibbert is rerouted to PHO for Warren, and a pick.  It would also be great if we could throw in Jeff Green to the Suns and take back Gerald.

I think Gerald Green and Marcus Smart would make a great duo to watch, at least until TJ Warren or some other prospect matures into a better starter at the 3.

Hill, whateva to him. Hopefully he is easily dumpable at some point. 

But Rondo for any combo of a nice prospect at a position of need, like TJ Warren, and a pick should be taken ASAP.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

+1  they would have taken Warren if he was there........I am totally confident in saying that!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

I still say yes.

A change of scenery may help Hibbert.

Rondo will probably be traded anyway.

Does it make us significantly better?  THAT is the question.

Do we need rim protection?  YES - do we need  a C who can score - not necessarily

So - would a rotation of

Rondo/Smart/Pressey

Bradley/Thornton/Young

Green/Turner/Wallace

Bass/Sully

Zeller/Fav/Oly    (Anthony will not play)

be BETTER or worse than:

Smart/Pressey

Bradley/Thornton/Young

Green/Turner/Wallace

Bass/Sully/OLY

Hibbert/Zeller/Fav

That is two bad contracts.........2 expiring contracts...................and a C.  And Oly playing his natural spot

[/QUOTE]

The team with Rondo as the Head of the snake is better. No doubt. Hibbert isn't an upgrade over Rondo. He also seems like one of these big men who don't grow old gracefully. 7'2" and he isnt a thin guy. That is tough to throw that much mass around in the NBA and last a long time. 

He has a shorter shelf life than a guy like Dieng in Minny, who is smaller but wiry with great core strength, length, very solid athleticism, and timing.  That is the new wave Center. And the perfect type of Center to pair with Marcus, and Olynyk.  

Hibbert is a remnant of a dinosaur, and if you ask me, he has been scouted and figured out.

A similar guy to Dieng who could be worth looking at may be Bismack Biyombo, who isn't as offensively talented as Dieng, but is a prototype to help Marcus Smart build his game around.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

Hibbert "quit on his team" because Paul George screwed his fiancé and Hibbert found out.  Not much different than Kobe blowing up Paul Gasol by telling his wife he was cheating, does Gasol suck as well or did he just not to help Kobe win anymore rings and want to play elsewhere?

It will be hard for some couch potato fans here to understand but these guys are human and there are things more important to them than "winning."

[/QUOTE]

Lets see if i got this right. Paul George nailed Hibberts girl. In retaliation, Hibbert sabotaged the entire Pacer organization, likely threw away millions and millions of dollars in the process and alienated himself from his hometown fans & teammates, not to mention most observers of NBA ball.

Two ways to view this. If its not the truth, you're once again incorrect with yet another fugazy post. If you are correct, then I dont want such an unstable  player that will punish his entire team, fan base, organization and league for the sake of personal revenge on one person.

Maybe he should focus his revenge on his cheating fiance.

Also, watching the games, it didnt appear there was a lack of effort, more a lack of execution. Either way you slice it, the guy has to earn his way back into good graces and I dont want the rebuilding Celtics taking the risk for his proving grounds. Maybe a championship team can afford such a risk

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lets see if i got this right. Paul George nailed Hibberts girl. In retaliation, Hibbert sabotaged the entire Pacer organization, likely threw away millions and millions of dollars in the process and alienated himself from his hometown fans & teammates, not to mention most observers of NBA ball.

Two ways to view this. If its not the truth, you're once again incorrect with yet another fugazy post. If you are correct, then I dont want such an unstable  player that will punish his entire team, fan base, organization and league for the sake of personal revenge on one person.

Also, watching the games, it didnt appear there was a lack of effort, more a lack of execution. Either way you slice it, the guy has to earn his way back into good graces and I dont want the rebuilding Celtics taking the risk for his proving grounds. Maybe a championship team can afford such a risk

[/QUOTE]

So your premise is that this All Star, All NBA Defensive team member plays 4 1/2 years at the highest level until his teammate shags his fiancé and suddenly he can't execute on the basketball court anymore?  

My "fugazi" posts have been top billing on this site for close to two decades, your posts tend to be you following me around trying to prove me wrong only to slink off in embarrassment when you can't.

Do I have definitive proof of my theory above, no, but I possess simple logic and sometimes that's enough, you should give it a try and leave your fugazi smear attempts and veiled slams at home.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So your premise is that this All Star, All NBA Defensive team member plays 4 1/2 years at the highest level until his teammate shags his fiancé and suddenly he can't execute on the basketball court anymore?  

My "fugazi" posts have been top billing on this site for close to two decades, your posts tend to be you following me around trying to prove me wrong only to slink off in embarrassment when you can't.

Do I have definitive proof of my theory above, no, but I possess simple logic and sometimes that's enough, you should give it a try and leave your fugazi smear attempts and veiled slams at home.

[/QUOTE]

OMG are you for real?? Hibbert made the all star team ONCE in 2011-12 and of course last year, when he made it and quickly turned into the worse NBA center the remainder of the season & playoffs. What 4 1/2 years at the highest level are you talking about Mr Fugazy???

Also, regardless of the reasons you think Hibbert played like garbage is immaterial. What is important is the fact he was terrible. You have a theory and thats all you have. On the other hand, the fact is Hibbert played like garbage and the Celts dont need a "project" to rehabilitate

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

And what, he sucked prior to the last two All Star years?  

BS.  He was a center the entire league looked to as the next great big guy.  What he did isn't a mirage, you can't fake great play for 5 seasons, it's impossible.

The theory isn't my theory either, this was all the talk in Indiana while it was happening, I just happen to subscribe to it.

But your take is that after 5 great season's of basketball, All Star level basketball at the Pro level, that Hibbert suddenly forgot how to play just after his teammate shagged his future wife... sounds logical?

Sections
Shortcuts