As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized...

We have left behind and rejected the grittiest of players in favor of less gritty players with better skills and in some cases, b-ball IQ.

I still do not mind replacing TA with Von Wafer, however we have not replaced the other gritty hustle players that brought us a championship ( Eddie House, James Posey, Leon Powe (instrumental in the finals), Perkins)

I do not like this trend. It is chemistry threatening!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil11. Show snakeoil11's posts

Re: As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized...

TA is ten times better than Von Wafer. It isn't even close.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

TA could have stayed if he wanted to. wafer is better than TA anyway. maybe not on defense, but definitely on offense. in fact, he's way better offensively.

let's not forget that every decision ainge has to make has to include financial factors. TA would not stay for reasonable money. perk would not stay for reasonable money. we are better positioned for the future now than we were a year ago. and our title chances are about the same as they were a year ago. remember when no one thought we could reach the finals last year?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Troy Murphy and Pavlovic stink.   Horrible free agent signees.   Some said to keep away from Heat.   The C's shoulda driven them (TM) to the Heat office.   DA/Papile are horrible in judging talent.   Horrible in putting together chemistry.   They were lucky in getting ? 17.   Won't get another....(maybe Shaq will help and DW stays healthy).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

ummmmm, glen davis was chosen by this team over powe for good reasons.  he has a more well rounded game and better size.  powe could never body up on 7-0 300 pound centers and davis can do that rather well.  so on that account, we traded up to davis in choosing davis.

don't be fooled by one game where leon was juiced against the c's.  if he had much left, he'd have been OFF the cavs bench this year instead of on it.  leon also got zero rebounds the other night against us.

posey since we got rid of him has become fat, old and ineffective. 

it's not a string of mistakes out there- it's a string of talent decisions and some of the guys wanted too much money.

the mistakes we are witnessing in front of our eyes every single night are being made by doc rivers in not managing veteran minutes despite having all of the pieces to do so.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The question is why did they let Powe go knowing him so well.  The toughness issue lost with TA and even the limited Perk may by the thing that keeps us down this year.

The Murphy signing was beyond awful.  Why?  It had to be obvious in thirty seconds of watching him on the court that he can't play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAKER-Troll. Show LAKER-Troll's posts

that they are pathetic scrubs? 

Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized...:
    [QUOTE]ummmmm, glen davis was chosen by this team over powe for good reasons.  he has a more well rounded game and better size.  powe could never body up on 7-0 300 pound centers and davis can do that rather well.  so on that account, we traded up to davis in choosing davis. don't be fooled by one game where leon was juiced against the c's.  if he had much left, he'd have been OFF the cavs bench this year instead of on it.  leon also got zero rebounds the other night against us. posey since we got rid of him has become fat, old and ineffective.  it's not a string of mistakes out there- it's a string of talent decisions and some of the guys wanted too much money. the mistakes we are witnessing in front of our eyes every single night are being made by doc rivers in not managing veteran minutes despite having all of the pieces to do so.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Yeah, blame the coach. Easy target.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]The question is why did they let Powe go knowing him so well.  The toughness issue lost with TA and even the limited Perk may by the thing that keeps us down this year. The Murphy signing was beyond awful.  Why?  It had to be obvious in thirty seconds of watching him on the court that he can't play.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

If TA was still with the Celtics and having a good season, the Celtics never would have traded Perk.  I agree that Murphy has been awful and Leon would have been a much better addition. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I agree with you Susan. The Celtics had a golden oppurtunity to pick up Leon with a minumum contract for the remainder of the season. They chose the soft and out of shape Troy Murphy instead. Ainge has made many good decisions as the C's G.M. Passing on Leon and signing Murphy was not one of them. Leon prooved to me that he is still a good player despite all his knee injuries. Leon has the heart of a lion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 09CHAMPS. Show 09CHAMPS's posts

that they are pathetic scrubs???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Heart of a Lion and feet of a Seal ( do seals have feet)  everytime he made a backet, he was falling and trippin' over his feet.  How consistently do you think he would have done that.  Also, as much as I like the guy, he is a one trick pony who specializes in squirming his way around the paint to score....He offers nothing in terms of outside shooting and is not a better rebounder or even inside scorer for that matter than Murphy is.  Murphy is out of shape and not in rythm, but based on their careers , Murphy was the right guy to get...noone knew how he would play so stop playing monday morning g.m. and playing the "what if" game.  The way the Celtics play, Murph is more valuble due to his height, shooting ability.  We need guys to stretch the floor, not more guys clogging the paint.  Kristic will be the inside scorer off the bench when Shaq returns and is a great offensive rebounder...like one poster pointed out...Leon had no Boards the other night....Watch what he does for the rest of the year and then come back to this...Would you trade Green today for Allen???    yeah, I didnt think so...remember we couldnt score at the end of game 7.  Our defense was fine, but the refs started calling ticky tack fouls on us in the 4th...after allowing a physical game before that...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with you Susan. The Celtics had a golden oppurtunity to pick up Leon with a minumum contract for the remainder of the season. They chose the soft and out of shape Troy Murphy instead. Ainge has made many good decisions as the C's G.M. Passing on Leon and signing Murphy was not one of them. Leon prooved to me that he is still a good player despite all his knee injuries. Leon has the heart of a lion.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

AMEN, cousin!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]Heart of a Lion and feet of a Seal ( do seals have feet)  everytime he made a backet, he was falling and trippin' over his feet.  How consistently do you think he would have done that.  Also, as much as I like the guy, he is a one trick pony who specializes in squirming his way around the paint to score....He offers nothing in terms of outside shooting and is not a better rebounder or even inside scorer for that matter than Murphy is.  Murphy is out of shape and not in rythm, but based on their careers , Murphy was the right guy to get...noone knew how he would play so stop playing monday morning g.m. and playing the "what if" game.  The way the Celtics play, Murph is more valuble due to his height, shooting ability.  We need guys to stretch the floor, not more guys clogging the paint.  Kristic will be the inside scorer off the bench when Shaq returns and is a great offensive rebounder...like one poster pointed out...Leon had no Boards the other night....Watch what he does for the rest of the year and then come back to this...Would you trade Green today for Allen???    yeah, I didnt think so...remember we couldnt score at the end of game 7.  Our defense was fine, but the refs started calling ticky tack fouls on us in the 4th...after allowing a physical game before that...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a true know-nothing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

So what did I say that was not true?  Dont just respond if you dont have anything to say...its not like I was responding to you.  I was responded to Susan and Concord....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]So what did I say that was not true?  Dont just respond if you dont have anything to say...its not like I was responding to you.  I was responded to Susan and Concord....

I think you are wrong about Kristic, Leon and Murphy. That's all. Sorry if I came on too strong...

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]All of Ainge's decisions were good except trading Harangoody and Erden. That was a bad trade.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

You are kidding right? lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

No prob!  I got pretty thick skin..but its nice to have info on what u disagree on.  So now that thats out the way.  Do you think Kristic will not be able to score inside and get the same offensive rebounds he gets now off the bench?

As far as Leon and Murph.....were you calling for us to pick up Leon instead of Murphy before he came, or did you make this decision of Leon being better after game againt the grizz..   I would say you did, because Leon did not play before that, and same for Murhpy...so all we had to go on was their respective careers.....Murphy put up 16 and 11 last year....what did Leon put up?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Leon was rehabiing for that last 2 years??  thats what we need to solve our problems?? Sitting on the bench on a team that lost 20 something in a row?Im not saying the Murphy is the second coming of bird, but you can't teach height, and we have enought players rehabing this year. Why take a chance on another?
    But, lets let this experiment play itself out. Is every move going to work out? No way. In life, i probably bat .300 if im lucky.. but its good enought to get it done and then some. its nice to have the answer ahead of time, but what's the point in that. All good GM's and coaches take chances and when they pick the wrong door, they look like fools. But when they get it right,they are a genius.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oreed. Show oreed's posts

im starting to lose fate with this team i just don't see us taking it, it look like just going to run out of gas again

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from haste. Show haste's posts

Comments on above--  I think Harangody is going to be a player--tough inside with decent outside shot--I was sorry to see him go.  Erden has a lot to learn! Regarding TA's improved game--I think Doc didn't use him right.  I didn't see a lot of him dribbling the other night.  Also, he was injury prone with us.    I agree that if Leon was so good he wouldn't have ridden the Cleveland bench--Lord knows they need warm bodies--he just was up for the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized...:
    [QUOTE]We have left behind and rejected the grittiest of players in favor of less gritty players with better skills and in some cases, b-ball IQ. I still do not mind replacing TA with Von Wafer, however we have not replaced the other gritty hustle players that brought us a championship ( Eddie House, James Posey, Leon Powe (instrumental in the finals), Perkins) I do not like this trend. It is chemistry threatening!
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]
    I was thinking somewhat the same thing this morning.  How much has the "toughness" of the Celtics, so evident in 2008, degraded over the last 3 years?
    This is not taking anything away from KG, PP, RA, and BBD.  They all know what's required to get a championship.  I expect them to be at the top of their games come the playoffs.  However, as DaCeltics has pointed out, over the last 3 years we have lost, Posey, Powe, Tony Allen, and Perk.
    All tough players, good at grinding it out, much more likely to confront than backoff.
    Maybe if he comes back, Shaq will bring some of what we've been losing.
    If not, Celtics are going to have to dig down way deeper than they have in the past to keep advancing in the playoffs.
    9 and 6 since the break.   Not sure what that means, but it's not a good sign.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]No prob!  I got pretty thick skin..but its nice to have info on what u disagree on.  So now that thats out the way.  Do you think Kristic will not be able to score inside and get the same offensive rebounds he gets now off the bench? As far as Leon and Murph.....were you calling for us to pick up Leon instead of Murphy before he came, or did you make this decision of Leon being better after game againt the grizz..   I would say you did, because Leon did not play before that, and same for Murhpy...so all we had to go on was their respective careers.....Murphy put up 16 and 11 last year....what did Leon put up?

You implied Leon is a clutz and that Murph was the most logical choice
    So why does Leon look some much better when he is the one with the "horrible knees" and Murph can't hit a three ( his speciality) even though both guys have ridden the pine all season?

Murph for all his reg season statistics is not playoff tested but Leon is.

Remember his full court dribbling sprint and jam in the finals that totally DEMORALIZED the Lakers?!

As for Kristic, he was intimidated by the likes of Marc Gasol and Randolph. Clearly!
    That means he will be useless against Howard, Bynum, Pau, Noah, Stoudamire, etc.( Name any big guy better than Marc Gasol)

Sections
Shortcuts