As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized...

In Response to As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized...:
    We have left behind and rejected the grittiest of players in favor of less gritty players with better skills and in some cases, b-ball IQ. I still do not mind replacing TA with Von Wafer, however we have not replaced the other gritty hustle players that brought us a championship ( Eddie House, James Posey, Leon Powe (instrumental in the finals), Perkins) I do not like this trend. It is chemistry threatening!
    Posted by DaCeltics

There are any number of people in this country that will never and have no intention of ever participating in the fundamental concept of America - capitalism.  So given this, they have no understanding of money as long as someone just keeps giving it to them after they drop out of school at 16 and start their families and then blame everyone else for the next 50 years for their problems.....

But if we can get past that.... players come and go because companies are actually in business to make money and every year Tony Allens come and go and you can always get one when you need one.

You can't always get a Pierce, Ray, or KG just because you want one but you can always get a Powe, Allen, etc. whenever you want one and make them fit in.

For the very same reason Perk is gone, Powe and Allen are gone as well.  They think they are worth more than they are oh by the way...... if Rudy Gay was not hurt, Allen would have gotten 12 minutes off the bench and the Cs would have lost by 25 instead of 3.

Coffee is done - wake up and smell it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized...:

In Response to As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized... : There are any number of people in this country that will never and have no intention of ever participating in the fundamental concept of America - capitalism.  So given this, they have no understanding of money as long as someone just keeps giving it to them after they drop out of school at 16 and start their families and then blame everyone else for the next 50 years for their problems..... But if we can get past that.... players come and go because companies are actually in business to make money and every year Tony Allens come and go and you can always get one when you need one. You can't always get a Pierce, Ray, or KG just because you want one but you can always get a Powe, Allen, etc. whenever you want one and make them fit in. For the very same reason Perk is gone, Powe and Allen are gone as well.  They think they are worth more than they are oh by the way...... if Rudy Gay was not hurt, Allen would have gotten 12 minutes off the bench and the Cs would have lost by 25 instead of 3. Coffee is done - wake up and smell it.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

TheDudder or TheDummer? That post was ignorant on so many levels.

Role players are not a dime a dozen. Believe me! Sometimes you change a role player ( like Steve Kerr) and you change your team drastically.

Steve Kerr won the Bulls some games!
    The difference between winning and losing is just that tight in the playoffs.

That's how Dikembe's Nuggets devoured Kemp's Sonics!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Sorry, I am buying any of this. We are a faster team with a deeper bench. We traded away a lot of broken parts for players that work. 

Got to understand this, our big three have a way of making ordinary players look extraordinary. Our big three are that good.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized... : TheDudder or TheDummer? That post was ignorant on so many levels. Role players are not a dime a dozen. Believe me! Sometimes you change a role player ( like Steve Kerr) and you change your team drastically. Steve Kerr won the Bulls some games! The difference between winning and losing is just that tight in the playoffs. That's how Dikembe's Nuggets devoured Kemp's Sonics!
    Posted by DaCeltics

Right so if it had not been Kerr it would have been Paxson and if it was not Bruce Bowen it would have been Battier and if it was not blah blah blah.... role players play a role, stars win but thanks for playing.... irngorance is bliss especially when one is blessed with it.....

Don't remember the exact stat but there is an odd stat that shows how many players Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, Michael & Scottie gifted rings to and year after year those players came and went but the rings kept coming....  stop hitting snooze, time to wake up. If it wasn't Cartwright, it was Kukoc or it was Rodman or it was Horace Grant or it was Robert Horry or Bruce Bowen blah blah blah...... stop the nonsense.

No players win games unless the stars allow them to, so it Steve Kerr happened to have hit a couple of big jumpers it was because he was doubled off.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Who told you shooting 3's was his specialty?  He can make them...but they put him em out there and expected him to make 3's without even getting a touch inside...also, Murphy is on a short leash and is trying to find his way...but I would stick with him, cuz if he comes around, he is better than Leon.  My point was, that anyone can go back after the fact and say "we should've , could've"  but who cares..its done!  Murphy did break out and have 9 pts and 5 boards one game,( i guess you didnt notive)  and for all the 9 pts that Leon scored, , you guys act like he had 30 and 10....he didnt even have a rebound!!  And why are you bringin up what he did in 2008???

Sp far as Kristic , the idea is for him to come off the bench and there no Dwight Howards, Gasol's, Stoudemires coming off the bench are there?

You can cry over Leon if you want...but I like I said...keep track of him for the rest of the season...and tell me what he does...he was obviously fired up for the game..but he cant do anything for this team that we dont already have, IMO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

how pathetic all of these scrubs really are??? Cool

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized... : Yeah, blame the coach. Easy target.
    Posted by DaCeltics

do you think he's doing well managing the minutes?  each and every night the starters are high 30's, low 40's.

able bodied, more than able bodied jeff green, delonte sitting on the bench way too much.

i sure don't blame talent mgt when it comes to davis over powe, letting posey walk vs paying him stupid money or any of that.  there's no blame to be handed to anyone.  powe is not going to be an impact player.  he's blown the knees twice each side.  or more.  posey is obsolete. 

tony allen vs. jeff green.  who do you want?  i know and it isn't tony.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

co-sign ^

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized... : do you think he's doing well managing the minutes?  each and every night the starters are high 30's, low 40's. able bodied, more than able bodied jeff green, delonte sitting on the bench way too much. i sure don't blame talent mgt when it comes to davis over powe, letting posey walk vs paying him stupid money or any of that.  there's no blame to be handed to anyone.  powe is not going to be an impact player.  he's blown the knees twice each side.  or more.  posey is obsolete.  tony allen vs. jeff green.  who do you want?  i know and it isn't tony.
    Posted by aciemvp

I think Doc is in a no win situation and whatever approach you take, someone will argue that it was wrong:

All year he juggled line ups that missed Rondo 11 games; KG 9 games; Shaq - months; JON - almost all season; Wafer - 3 weeks?; West, almost all season, Perk, first half of the season.  Still - he got to the second best record in the league.  

Then, Danny changed the team on him dramatically.  So, he can:
    a. Play the starters enough to get the wins necessary to get some kind of HCA in some of the series and have folks like you complain about their minutes (remembering he still has no Shaq, no JON, no Wafer, and a bunch of new guys who don't understand the offense nor defense) OR
    b. work the subs in faster where they learn more quickly but lose more games....having other folks complain about the losses and why they aren't winning and why the subs are in the game too long.

Either way, he loses.  So, he's doing it HIS way - which i agree with.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Shiz, if you read my threads, then you'll know I always advocated for LP.   TMurphy is a good example of numbers not meaning anything.   He's never made a team better, doesn't score in the clutch, is always a step behind on D...He's another of DA's busts a la Raef Lafrenz.   DA doesn't learn from his mistakes.   This yr, LPowe is shooting for the Griz, 67%.   TM is shooting 41%.   Now, LP won't end the season shooting that well, but he goes to the line much more and who needs a 6'11 3pt shooter who can't guard.   LP only got 1 (or none) boards against the C's, but come on!   We all know what LP can do.   You C's fans are learning what TM can't do (I already knew.   Go back to when the C's got TM and you will see that I hated it).  Against the Griz, the cameras kept showing TM while on the bench while LP was busting the C's for ? 13pts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Leon Powe, Tony Allen and Posey aren't coming through that door neither is Bird Parrish or Mchale, and I say so what. Because it doesn't matter they weren't going to take minutes away from the four starters. Doc is a one trick pony and that pony is to ride the big four until they drop. I've said this all year long if you don't rest these guys we will be in trouble, and now it is to late. Now we have no choice but to ride them and hope for the best.  As for Murphy, Krstic and Pav they don't stink as players, they stink in a Doc Rivers system. Krstic is working his butt off out there and he will help. Murphy and Pav will not help us because Doc won't let them, they are not Doc type players. You can't play 2 to 3 minutes a game and expect them to help.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: As I watched TA, Leon and Kristic I realized... : I think Doc is in a no win situation and whatever approach you take, someone will argue that it was wrong: All year he juggled line ups that missed Rondo 11 games; KG 9 games; Shaq - months; JON - almost all season; Wafer - 3 weeks?; West, almost all season, Perk, first half of the season.  Still - he got to the second best record in the league.   Then, Danny changed the team on him dramatically.  So, he can: a. Play the starters enough to get the wins necessary to get some kind of HCA in some of the series and have folks like you complain about their minutes (remembering he still has no Shaq, no JON, no Wafer, and a bunch of new guys who don't understand the offense nor defense) OR b. work the subs in faster where they learn more quickly but lose more games....having other folks complain about the losses and why they aren't winning and why the subs are in the game too long. Either way, he loses.  So, he's doing it HIS way - which i agree with.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Great analysis.  It's been an uphill struggle for Doc all year

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Shiz, if you read my threads, then you'll know I always advocated for LP.   TMurphy is a good example of numbers not meaning anything.   He's never made a team better, doesn't score in the clutch, is always a step behind on D...He's another of DA's busts a la Raef Lafrenz.   DA doesn't learn from his mistakes.   This yr, LPowe is shooting for the Griz, 67%.   TM is shooting 41%.   Now, LP won't end the season shooting that well, but he goes to the line much more and who needs a 6'11 3pt shooter who can't guard.   LP only got 1 (or none) boards against the C's, but come on!   We all know what LP can do.   You C's fans are learning what TM can't do (I already knew.   Go back to when the C's got TM and you will see that I hated it).  Against the Griz, the cameras kept showing TM while on the bench while LP was busting the C's for ? 13pts.
    Posted by docc

Pinpoint accuracy!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Tony Allen is a head case and we are much better off with the players we have now, when the big four regain their mojo we will be fine.  This team has always depended on the big three and still does.  They must lead or they become a normal team that will lose most games.  Krstic, Green, West, and a improved Glen Davis plus the other guys we have, makes us a very good team, if Ray, Kevin, and Paul lead us.

Sections
Shortcuts