as of now, LJ > BIRD?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: as of now, LJ > BIRD?

bird didn't spend his career barreling down the lane committing charges that were never called under shelter of the league

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

when it's all said and done, it won't even be close. james will be the better player by far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

James has always reminded me of Magic, not Bird.  Durant is more Bird than LeBron is.  

And it's a different league now, as stated above, the players are sheltered and the league doesn't give a S about the rules as much as they do the "product."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

James has always reminded me of Magic, not Bird.  Durant is more Bird than LeBron is.  

And it's a different league now, as stated above, the players are sheltered and the league doesn't give a S about the rules as much as they do the "product."

you got that right.  if i could have james or bird i'd pick bird 100 out of 100 times for basketball IQ, content of character and WINNING.  bird won immediately in a much tougher league in the 80s.  lebwrong took years and years.  he visibly quit twice or more on the cavs in the playoffs then made a grotesque pageantry of his "choice".

bird never did stuff like that.  yes, lebron has the better body but bird has the better mind and many times over the desire to win that lebron does

lebron's first few years in the league he made nobody around him SUBSTANTIALLY better.  mo williams dumped in 17 a game on two other teams in the league besides the cavs.  varejo has put out more since lebron left.  great physical talent.  lots of stats.  but nowhere near the caliber of player bird was.  not. even. close

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

As of right now, Commy C < Moron

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,

I think I know where this topic of CC's barely readable post came from: Mark Jackson ran his mouth.

Here http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=20140604207369" rel="nofollow">http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentid=20140604207369  is an interesting response. I can't agree more, especially about disappearing acts of LJ. That alone negates, IMHO, the ">" part of the equation even if LJ wins additional 1, 2, 3,... rings.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

For the love of all that is holy in this world....W-TF did I just read??  Are you in grade school?? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Larry never melted down in the nba finals ala Lebron in 2011 against the Mavs, where he disappeared and hid from the ball in the clutch...

What about game 6 last year, where the Spurs blew the championship..Lebron had 2-3 turnovers and missed a clutch 3 in the final minutes... his miss was what Bosh rebounded to Allan to tie it up/

The stats dont mean a thing imo.. Lebron plays in a soft NBA where hes allowed to crash into defenders with his shoulder down and plow them over and gifted free throws... Lebron plays in the east...the road to the title is a joke. Hes not going against Magic, Isiah, Kareem, Jordan etc etc... hes got Ginobli, George, Wall...

Add to that Lebron fled the Cavs to hook up with 2 superstars in Miami to get him over the hump...

Larry Bird was the heart & soul of the Celtics and made his teammates better across the board and when it was money time....please, no comparison with performance and especially consistency

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

CC would you put Ray Allen ahead of Larry Bird?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

CC is really a code for  "dried up N_t Sack"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

bird didn't spend his career barreling down the lane committing charges that were never called under shelter of the league

Or traveling on every play.

Plus, Lebron once went FIVE GAMES without having a single foul called on him.

The NBA is a disgrace.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

The only thing Lebron is > than Larry is defense.  He will never be the leader that Larry was.  He will never be as clutch as Larry, and he will never shoot as well as Larry, so how is he <.   The NBA is not even close to what it was like when Magic, Jordan, Kareem played.  He would not be able travel in the paint as he does know which out paying for it.  Not saying LeBron is not a great player but he is a better all around player than Larry.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

In response to 1NEFAN2's comment:

The only thing Lebron is > than Larry is defense.  He will never be the leader that Larry was.  He will never be as clutch as Larry, and he will never shoot as well as Larry, so how is he <.   The NBA is not even close to what it was like when Magic, Jordan, Kareem played.  He would not be able travel in the paint as he does know which out paying for it.  Not saying LeBron is not a great player but he is a better all around player than Larry.

LEBRON IS TOUGHER AND STRONGER THAN mj. if he could dominate and do it , so could bron.. stop hatin!

[object HTMLDivElement]

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

LBJ is a freak athlete. I hate him. He gets every call in the paint if he misses and never gets called for fouls. He isn't clutch. He is so entitled.

BUT. Man, he's good.

Still, I'd take Larry everyday. LBJ played the Bobcats, Nets and Pacers to get to the Finals. Competition in the NBA sucks. The league is over expanded and there are too many teams. they need to cut the league back down to like 20-24 teams so each team is better and competition is more diverse with at least 2 good players on a team. Besides all of the things above for why LBJ isn't gonna be the GOAT, maybe the biggest thing is the state of the NBA around him. It's hard to get respect for being great when you take out the Bobcats in 4 then beat the dinosaur squad.

I have a lot respect for Wade than I do LeBron, anyway.

Bird > LeBron.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I never saw Bird call out of a Finals game.

Queen James is a joke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Mossad > Commy but not by much....Commy ='s a clown by his Baltimore red tide names UB4 and Imagyd

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

LBJ is a freak athlete. I hate him. He gets every call in the paint if he misses and never gets called for fouls. He isn't clutch. He is so entitled.

BUT. Man, he's good.

Still, I'd take Larry everyday. LBJ played the Bobcats, Nets and Pacers to get to the Finals. Competition in the NBA sucks. The league is over expanded and there are too many teams. they need to cut the league back down to like 20-24 teams so each team is better and competition is more diverse with at least 2 good players on a team. Besides all of the things above for why LBJ isn't gonna be the GOAT, maybe the biggest thing is the state of the NBA around him. It's hard to get respect for being great when you take out the Bobcats in 4 then beat the dinosaur squad.

I have a lot respect for Wade than I do LeBron, anyway.

Bird > LeBron.

bird and magic re-made the NBA.... the NBA was about to die before bird and magic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

bird and magic re-made the NBA.... the NBA was about to die before bird and magic.

This is true, but the huge influx of talent really helped. The Sixers were very good early 80s and beyond. ATL was no slouch. The Pistons and Bulls added healthy competition too until the late 80s. LA and Houston were good too.

Compared to now, overall talent in the league during the 80s was a lot higher within teams.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Bird, Magic, Jordan, Isiah, Kareem, Akeem, Ewing, Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Pippen etc etc

The league back then had a long list of real superstars...today most of the league is made up of young kids.. Who are the studs the Heat have to get thru to win a title... Al Jefferson, John Wall, Joe Johnson & very old Spurs players

Todays NBA is soft as Charmin... you ever check out the amount of no touch fouls called of 3 pointers? Drive the lane is a breeze cause if the defense ever attempts to hard foul a layup, its a flagrant...  Worse is Lebrons free pass into the lane, shoulder down, purposely  crashing into defenders  and knowing he'll get the call 9 out of 10.. Back in the 80's-90's if you drove the lane on some teams you were going down hard and it was only a foul... no such thing as flagrants..  just youtube it and see.

The other night I was watching youtube viewing clips of MJ, Larry & Magic, watched their HOF inductions too... the highlights were awesome, what skills, what clutch playing, toughness diving for balls, finesse in making shots.. what a treat to check out.  Then I watched a little of the same for Lebron. When you do, youll realize a lot.

I've also been puzzled about one other thing.. the claim about Lebron being so muscular and strong. He certainly does appear strong..  but last week Mike greenberg was saying what freakishly musculature Lebron has,.. Whats he seeing that Im not... I watched some Karl Malone footage, then looked back at Lebron..back n forth I went.. truth is Lebron looked like a skinny kid in comparison

Bottom line is anyone can look good or bad, it all depends who youre being compared to. It also depends on what a player like Lebron is allowed to get away with to market the NBA while other players dont have that luxury or clout.  Lebron is a great player today but when I compare it all, on an even playing field, I dont see him ranking with the greats of all time... I think he is far, far below their level of skill, toughness and ability to perform in the clutch..generally speaking

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Bird, Magic, Jordan, Isiah, Kareem, Akeem, Ewing, Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Pippen etc etc

The league back then had a long list of real superstars...today most of the league is made up of young kids.. Who are the studs the Heat have to get thru to win a title... Al Jefferson, John Wall, Joe Johnson & very old Spurs players

Todays NBA is soft as Charmin... you ever check out the amount of no touch fouls called of 3 pointers? Drive the lane is a breeze cause if the defense ever attempts to hard foul a layup, its a flagrant...  Worse is Lebrons free pass into the lane, shoulder down, purposely  crashing into defenders  and knowing he'll get the call 9 out of 10.. Back in the 80's-90's if you drove the lane on some teams you were going down hard and it was only a foul... no such thing as flagrants..  just youtube it and see.

The other night I was watching youtube viewing clips of MJ, Larry & Magic, watched their HOF inductions too... the highlights were awesome, what skills, what clutch playing, toughness diving for balls, finesse in making shots.. what a treat to check out.  Then I watched a little of the same for Lebron. When you do, youll realize a lot.

I've also been puzzled about one other thing.. the claim about Lebron being so muscular and strong. He certainly does appear strong..  but last week Mike greenberg was saying what freakishly musculature Lebron has,.. Whats he seeing that Im not... I watched some Karl Malone footage, then looked back at Lebron..back n forth I went.. truth is Lebron looked like a skinny kid in comparison

Bottom line is anyone can look good or bad, it all depends who youre being compared to. It also depends on what a player like Lebron is allowed to get away with to market the NBA while other players dont have that luxury or clout.  Lebron is a great player today but when I compare it all, on an even playing field, I dont see him ranking with the greats of all time... I think he is far, far below their level of skill, toughness and ability to perform in the clutch..generally speaking

10-4 Chief...excellent post...If Lebron tried his shiznit on Cowens and Silas he'd miss two weeks the first time after getting his neck busted up....he'd still be a talented physical freak, but he'd have to earn it....guys today never pay the price...today's game sucks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhs1950. Show dhs1950's posts

Ah those "GOOD OLD DAYS'. You sure can count on Old Timers to defend their generation as the greatest. With each passing year the nostalgia level for the past builds and builds to the point where reminiscing about the past will even induce tears. Many old timers that witnessed the 1960's will claim those years, not the  70's 80's or 90's were the glory days for the NBA. That's how the nostalgia of the past clouds ones appreciation of the present.

dhs1950

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to dhs1950's comment:

Ah those "GOOD OLD DAYS'. You sure can count on Old Timers to defend their generation as the greatest. With each passing year the nostalgia level for the past builds and builds to the point where reminiscing about the past will even induce tears. Many old timers that witnessed the 1960's will claim those years, not the  70's 80's or 90's were the glory days for the NBA. That's how the nostalgia of the past clouds ones appreciation of the present.

dhs1950

Not quite, sonnyboy..

I witnessed the Russell years in the 60's and the Celtics then were one of the most important things to me.... I also witnessed the 70's and the great Hondo/Cowens/JoJoWhite teams... made life so sweet..couldnt miss a game.

With that said, IM still saying the 80's-90's was the best ball in NBA history.  I saw Wilt & Russ going at it.. I saw Lew & Walton.... I saw West & Oscar... Hondo and the rest..great stuff during my most impressionable years... Still I defer to the 80's-90's...

So maybe you gotta find a new angle to make your point

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhs1950. Show dhs1950's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to dhs1950's comment:

dhs1950

Not quite, sonnyboy..

I witnessed the Russell years in the 60's and the Celtics then were one of the most important things to me.... I also witnessed the 70's and the great Hondo/Cowens/JoJoWhite teams... made life so sweet..couldnt miss a game.

With that said, IM still saying the 80's-90's was the best ball in NBA history.  I saw Wilt & Russ going at it.. I saw Lew & Walton.... I saw West & Oscar... Hondo and the rest..great stuff during my most impressionable years... Still I defer to the 80's-90's...

So maybe you gotta find a new angle to make your point

All I said was that "MANY" would choose the 60's. I'll stick by that.

sonnyboy

Sections
Shortcuts